Pairs Speculations

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tay1965

Everyone in the house is busy gossiping, I think they forgot about the couples. After this eviction I think we will see more game thinking from all of them.

Guest metaldale

James has been sniffing out whether there is a couple alliance between Eric and Maggie the last few days.

Guest booboo

Everybody knows everyone is a couple, so why are they denying, denying, denying?

It's like they each believe the other person is "buying it" Am I nuts or are they acting like no one else has a clue?

I forgot to add that it seems like if no one says it then it doesn't make it real.

i was just reading the update forums and now i'm really confused about the whole pairs twist this summer.

eric was telling somebody (must have been maggie) that if someone finds out that they are a pair, then they lose the special prize? i thought a pair only had to make it to the end. as long as a pair was the final two, it didn't matter if they were exposed.

then eric said that the rules stated that they had to figure out all the partnerships. is he talking about the rules they read before they went into the house? because wouldn't that have completely exposed to everyone that there were other pairs in the house, ruining the twist?

so eric's comments have me completely confused. did i miss something here? or is it possible that eric has no idea what he's talking about? (i'm leaning toward the latter)

From what Julie Chen has said it is my understanding that if a pair that make it to the final 2 the winner will get the biggest prize in BB history and that the HG's were not told how much it is. She has not stated (that I am aware of) that they will not get the larger amount if they are found out.

I believe Eric makes up rules to suit Eric. :roll:

Guest Shockalot
i was just reading the update forums and now i'm really confused about the whole pairs twist this summer.

eric was telling somebody (must have been maggie) that if someone finds out that they are a pair, then they lose the special prize?  i thought a pair only had to make it to the end.  as long as a pair was the final two, it didn't matter if they were exposed.

then eric said that the rules stated that they had to figure out all the partnerships.  is he talking about the rules they read before they went into the house?  because wouldn't that have completely exposed to everyone that there were other pairs in the house, ruining the twist?

so eric's comments have me completely confused.  did i miss something here?  or is it possible that eric has no idea what he's talking about? (i'm leaning toward the latter)

It was hard to follow because Eric was doing his machine-gun logic train as usual but.

Maggie was worried they would find out about her and Eric and they would lose the bonus prize.

Eric clarifyied the rules said (they) must correctly guess the combinations.

Eric said again that if someone guesses the proper combinations then they lose the prize.

So I dont think Eric used the word 'All' the correct combinations of pairs but that seems to be what he meant.

hey.. i have been confused about this from the very beginning. In some cases, some people have already guessed all the proper combinations of pairs.

So what happens.. do ALL the pairs lose the extra prize now??

Is there an 'Official' vote somewhere?

Who does this - the Jury pool? and when - when 3 pairs are on jury and they now have to guess 4 teams??

My brain hurts blahhh

I have the same question about Eric's comments on that.

From what I understood was that the pairs were in the house, but each team was told that they were the twist and no one else knew about it, that they were the only pair in the house.

They had to keep their alliance secret (they themselves couldn't admit they were together) and if they made it to the final two they would win $1 million and $250,000 instead of the $500,000 & $50,000. Though the HG's don't know what the final prize is, they have just been told there will be an additional prize if they make it together.

Now according to Julie Chen on one of the episodes (I think it was last Thursday) is that they had the option to reveal their secret partnership, but I think the consequence of revealing it was that they were disqualified for the final prize.

I don't recall any descriptions being that if everyone else figured out the teams on their own that they would lose, only that they couldn't ever admit it, even if it was completely obvious, such as it has become.

Obviously Janelle michael and kaysar admitting it to each other at this point is a mute point since Ashlea is already gone and Mike is on his way out, but this would be why Howie can't tell them outright who his partner is, and I think they realize that.

I think that the king of the kingdom of Ervette just doesn

Guest Jadey

I dont think being discovered disqualifies them. BUT..being discovered makes them a huge ass target! lol Once a couple is discovered, the rest of the house will work hard to split them up.

Guest KevVick7
I dont think being discovered disqualifies them.  BUT..being discovered makes them a huge ass target! lol  Once a couple is discovered, the rest of the house will work hard to split them up.

I completely agree with this. I went back and lookd at the tape where I had recorded the show and Julie Chen said that if a pair made it to the final 2 then they would be awarded the biggest prize in BB history. She said nothing about loosing it if they were discovered. I think the only harm in being discoverd is just that... being discovered and making them a target.

As far as Eric's comments, I think he is just making stuff up as he goes along because if they were told they had to correctly guess each pair then they would all know that they were not the only pair and Julie said that each pair thought they were the only ones.

Either way, I hope Michael does expose them tonight before he leaves. Not just April and Jenny, but ALL of them!

Here is part of the interview with Alison just prior to the start of the season....

As part of their annual effort to reinvent the game of "Big Brother," producers have come up with a scheme in which every cast member of "Big Brother 6" will walk into the house with a ready-made alliance -- a best friend, co-worker or significant other.

However, each pair of players will be told they're the only two participants coming into the house with a partner -- even though there will actually be seven teams of two playing the game. Teams also will be told to keep their alliances secret -- at least if they want to win the big money.

"The incentive is (for partners) to get to the end of the game sitting side by side," said Grodner. "If they do, the winner will get $1 million and the second-place person will get $250,000. It's in their best interests to keep it a secret."

If a twosome doesn't make it to the finals, winner will get the usual $500,000, while the runner-up will snag a measly $50,000.

Viewers won't find out which players are partnered until the season's third episode (skein returns July 7). But Shapiro and Grodner already are expecting plenty of what latter calls "soap opera stories" to emerge from a house in which everyone already knows someone.

"These are people who already like each other, but the question is, will (the friendships) last until the end when money's involved?" Grodner said.

She did say before the show started that they needed to keep the partnership a secret if they wanted the money, I'm not sure if they changed it once the season started, which is what it seems to be, but before the season they were supposed to keep it a secret throughout.

Who knows, guess thats one of the secrets of the summer, no one really knows what the REAL rules are, they decided they would make them up as they go lol.

you telling me the pair twist the biggest secret this summer when everybody and their mama in the house knows who the pairs are

Right. Julie told us to be sure and watch next Thursday when she reveals the season's biggest twist to the HGs....the pairs. She should have known from her interview with Michael that the big secret is no secret.

Yawn....