Live Feed Discussion

morty

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted, I understand why CBS has been showing the fish all day Friday on the Feeds(to ensure everyone watches tonight). But, IMO I think that as kind of a bonus for Feed Subscribers they should at least have been able to see Friday's cometitions/ceremonies. After all, we are the die hard fans shelling out the dough(not to mention we watch the show regardless for DR/ extra stuff that isn't on the feeds). A days worth of fish ain't my idea of "my money's worth". I'm not saying I'm going to cancel my feeds or anything, but it still kind of sucks.

Ok folks, as one of the dir hards here I am gonna go out on a limb. Chill about the feeds and do not complain about the cost. So we get 36 hours without the feeds and actually won't know everything before the show. Wait, even with feeds we seem to know that Ivette won POV, and Jen still went. Today was 2 or 3 comps plus voting, plus an eviction. Seeing as how it does take usually a couple hours for each of those, plus there were probably multiple lockdowns, it makes sense that we didn;t see anything. We never see comps and considering that everything had to be done today, and then edited for tomorrow nights show. Seems reasonable to me.

I personally look at it this (which means most will disagree hehehehe). I get 3 months worth or feeds for 30 bucks. No other show gives me the opportunity to see so much. They have done MUCH better this season with not cutting to fish as much and for shorter lengths of time (excluding this special circumstance). Even when someone starts singing, it is only fish for a few seconds. We know more than the average viewer without feeds every week and still watch the shows. So this weeks show will be a little more interesting. It costs about 9 bucks to go to a movie, add on another 6 - 10 for popcorn and soda and you are at 16 - 20 bucks. And especially this summer, you usually walk out disappointed. Compare that to the less than a dollar maybe that you lost by not seeing the feeds all day today, and knowing that they will probably be up tomorrow morn by noon and you will still know everything that will happen during the show.

At least some of us got some chores done today heheheheh

Dep

I was at another BB website and a person said that he/she called CBS and now they are saying the feeds will be on 8:00 am Pacific, 11:00 am Eastern Sat. Just telling yuns what I saw. Who knows if this will happen, but hopefully it will.

WASTE OF MONEY!

Why pay for SuperPass only for this to happen?

YEAH!!! Oh, you must have missed my post above. And just so you wouldn't have to "waste" any of your time, I calculated it out. I based my calculation on a $30.00 BB6 3 month subscription, divided that by 85 days (the show is usually 90, but we miss the first 5 on the live feeds) and that came to 35 cents a day. Now, considering that you are missing about a day and a half of feeds, I recalculated and you are not out 52 and half cents. Geeze, the HUMANITY!!!! You better get a petition going and write Real.co, CBS.com, your congressmen, the FCC and everyone else and let them know how much a of pinch this is putting on your lifestyle.

Please post what they reply, I know we will ALL be interested in their response.

Dep

BIG BROTHER 6 24/7 is temporarily unavailable so that certain competitive results are not revealed in advance of Saturday's broadcast.

BIG BROTHER 6 24/7 will resume Saturday, August 20 at 9pm PT/12am ET

cdmon

What derkaderka SHOULD have said is...

Thank you for posting the information.

You had no way of knowing that the thread about this was moved to The Welcome Forum.

So THANK YOU for posting this.

Jem

Now that I have seen the Saturday show......what is the deal? No new twist, no secret and nothing different. Since most people are watching the live feeds on the weekend why not wait and pull this prank on Monday and Tuesday so the HOH is divided more fairly. 1 day versus 6 days for the HOH doesn't seem right. Can't say I agree with what CBS did and I still don't see why it was done. Maybe some one else can explain it.

Well, we all know the feeds were only cut as the eviction was actually on Friday.

Can I ask - did anyone enjoy the show more or less as the result wasn't spoiled? Lets face it, most weeks we know exactly who will be evicted anyway - even without the live feeds!

One further annoyance - the feeds were cut for a further 4 hrs due to the Veto competition. Why couldn't they just do this sometime on Saturday when the feeds were blacked out?

And another annoyance - each year we do get an extended Veto comp which usually sees HGs compete individually in the garden while the others are locked somewhere in the house. Couldn't they just keep the feeds on the people in the house?

There's one thing about Saturday's show that I've been wondering about that wouldn't have been a problem if the live feeds weren't blacked out.

The show editing made it appear that everyone in Janelle's group, plus James, really, really wanted Maggie evicted. Then Janelle takes Maggie off the block. BB made it appear as if it were a last minute decision on Janelle's part, maybe because of Jen's little speech, or that Janelle intentionally defied her teams' desire.

If the live feeds had been going as usual, we would have known all the conversations that led to Janelle's decision to remove Maggie from harm.

Why not whine about something constructive....like gas prices or the war. For Christs sake......its a freakin live feed to a tv show......NOT the end of the world! So what if you were forced to wait like everyone else and see the results on Saturday!

The only things you can ever expect to be 24/7 in life are hospitals and law enforcement......other than that.....you're setting yourself up for disappointment. I can't believe some people get so wired up over a live feed being cut. Damn and all.

Why not whine about something constructive....

Plenty of irony in that post.

Waiting would not have been such a big deal if it was actually worth the wait. Instead, we wait 34 hours for a poorly constructed show, and little to no unexpected drama. CBS was able to boost ratings for BB's lowest rated weekly show, but in the end, again, that wasn't even worth the wait.

The reason people are so upset by this is both that weekends are when the majority of people have time to watch the feeds, and that was taken from them with little return. Also, that the main reason people watch the feeds can't be presented on the show... and at this more critical point in the game, it was really a shame to miss the nunaces that watching the feeds presents. I personally think CBS made a poor choice. If they don't care, fine... but that doesn't mean people should just shut up and take it.