Redo the HOH - SPOILER

WannaBeBB9

well, ok then.. be that way.

i understand if people are mad... but taking it out on us here at mortys is really rude. think about it. the large font and bold type is annoying people here... CBS could care less.

someone tell me when uvp has gone back to normal (well you know what i mean)

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, upv, why don't you GROW UP ALREADY?

Geez, I don't understand it. You guys all cry conspiracy and say that it's bullshit and say that you want the show cancelled. THEN STOP WATCHING. STOP POSTING HERE. If you're just going to say "I hate this show," then there is no point in watching. Stop it. Leave the bandwidth for those of us who actually want to continue to watch Big Brother. We need it.

Also, everyone's saying that CBS rigged the game. If they did rig the game, they would probably do it in a better fashion. This is going to look so bad for CBS. Like someone said, they are a mutli-million dollar network, and they're going to have tech difficulties. If they were going to cheat, they would come up with a better way.

Additionally, someone else said that they do this type of competition all the time with no problems. WRONG. I've watched from Season One and this is the first time I can remember them having a competition where you had to buzz in the correct light, and whoever took the longest was eliminated.

TheNunOwnedGoat it is clear you are a fib and didnt watch every season because this is not the first time this type of comps was run

Actually, I have. I've watched every US season, this far. And will probably continue to do so, until they take it off the air... that's because I'm a real, diehard fan of the show. Unlike you. So, once again, if you're going to cause drama and complain and ask for the show to be taken off the air, stop watching and stop posting.

Edit... oh, and I said this is the first time I can remember them actually doing this exact type of competition, so I guess I could be wrong. Tell me, though, which season did it happen in.

Some of you take this show more seriously than the people who are actually involved in it. Does it really make any difference to you whether Erika or Janelle is HOH? Does it effect your lives in any way? It's just a TV show. Do you get this worked up about other shows or movies when things don't go exactly how you wanted/expected them to?

trust me i am a diehard fan. but bb isnt the same show i grew to love. and like i always said in the past bb 6 is to blame. this probably is my last season watching cause i cant take much more of one hg because of inet groupies support always getting a clear advantageb in comps. season 4 will always be my favorite season because even thou america hate allison and jun the producers let the game play out without input to please fans. btw put me on ignore cause i dont really give a flying hoot :lol::lol::lol::lol: . this is a bb talk board and bless believe i am gonna talk :D:D:D:D . when you guys go on and with janelle worship do i stop yall [big]no[/big]

uvp, every year CBS has let the game play out and every year the people that won it were NOT fan favorites. last year it was maggie and ivette. YACK. bb5 it was Drew and Cowboy :huh: and the list goes on.

bb does not swing it so america's favorite wins. if that was the case janelle would have won last year with howie in 2nd.

ok, i am done.... with this post anyways!

i was done yesterday when ericka won hoh rightfully :P

OMG - the controversy continues!!!!! :blink:

Everybody's made some really good points and I'm getting dizzy trying to sort them out and address them in just one post, so I'll just start with a couple :)

1. Why not give Janelle the coup d'etat instead of hoh if this show is rigged - perhaps that was the original hope of the producers so that viewers would get down and then there'd be a big high when she won it and booted Danielle . . . another 'bye bye bitches' moment of triumph against adversity. But so many people complained and threatened to stop watching the show (because Howie was genuinely affected adversely by that button malfunction) that maybe people weren't buying into the 50cent phone calls to make her prom queen? Less excitement for the viewers this way, but also less complaining from Janelle's fans and more $ for CBS.

2. Several people complained about having to press the buttons twice to get it to light up . . . was anybody actually complaining that that caused them to be unjustly eliminated? In other words did anybody else believe that the technical setup caused an ACTUAL game-altering malfunction resulting in an injustice? Also here's one of my posts from page 11 about redoing to remedy an injustice as opposed to redoing that creates a further injustice:

I just thought of something . . . the rationale for letting everybody play in the redo including Janelle, Marcellas and Chicken George is supposedly that Boogie's light did not go on just like Howie's did not go on so the competition is fatally flawed.

But when you consider Boogie's light malfunction in terms of the guiding notion of fairness (that being paramount) isn't Boogie's light malfunction irrelevant? Because if he had pressed 'true', Janelle was rightly booted for getting the question wrong and he was rightly kept in the game - this is how the game actually played out. However if Boogie had pressed 'false' then he would have been eliminated the same time as Janelle - a different outcome than what actually happened - yet his participation in the subsequent questions did not affect any subsequent eliminations, and he himself was subsequently eliminated making his light malfunction irrelevant.

The only issue if they were to have picked the HOH competition up at the point where the ONLY outcome-altering malfunction occurred (ie with Erika, Will, Boogie, Howie, and James) would be whether or not Boogie should still be eligible to participate. Given that they seem to be so 'concerned' about fairness as to redo a competition, they should have just asked Boogie what button he pressed at the time and then verified it with the camera footage from above/behind.

And once again, if the dude who wired these booths was the same guy who wired the scoreboards on the tombstones, don't you think they ought to look into that too? That costed Kaysar $30k (sequester money?)

Eh, I don't know . . . a lot of these shows seem to have 'favorites' but I don't remember seeing anything this extreme before. There was that girl from the first season of Survivor who complained about producers manipulating the show to favor certain contestants, but she tried to sue them and I don't think that went over too well. And there was apparently also a contestant from a UPN reality show who filed a complaint with the FCC accusing the producers of manipulation but the show wasn't popular so I think the whole point was moot. Looks like so long as the majority of the fans approve of how things have turned out then it's just a matter of majority rules and I will just have to decide whether there's still some aspects of the show that I enjoy enough to keep watching or not, eh?

And for the record I was not 'threatening' to stop watching the show, I was saying that everybody likes to feel like competitions are fair . . . if I feel like the unfairness is too great it's too hard to watch unless there's still something else enjoyable to watch like perhaps Dr. Will or Danielle still thriving in that type of environment based on their wits alone.

3. Well if the show is manipulated to favor certain contestants then why didn't they save Kaysar last year or this year and why didn't the sovs win last year? - Kaysar had the ability to win last year since he was the only one who came in all refreshed . . . the producers don't have any control over somebody accepting a deal from somebody untrustworthy. And they tried to break Danielle down enough that she would evict Marcellas but Danielle's a rock - plus what Mendes said a couple of pages back. And I mentioned before that the for the sovs to win last year they would have had to win 6 out of 7 HOH's in a row to pull a win because Maggie outsmarted the producers by padding the jury with the nerd herd - there are limits to what producers can do. Then again that's true what somebody pointed out about it somebody else 'wins' the coup then Janelle will be immune from being nominated. And she'll be eligible to play for HOH next week because of the coup thing. And she'll have an advantage because America will give her the title of prom queen - I think so long as the majority of fans see the situation as 'fair' then the producers can get away with it (?)

PS Incidentally I don't 'hate' the sovs, I don't 'hate' Janelle . . . it's just hard for me to see brilliance like the kind Danielle displayed last week with her strategizing get frustrated through a possible button malfunction that didn't get checked out when it would have worked in her favor but does get check out when it effectively works against her (not that producers have anything against her, I think they're just trying not to lose viewers the majority of whom support Janelle - like she's just collateral damage like Kaysar). It's also hard for me to see somebody timid like Erika actually get some fire in their eyes for a comp, win it and have that nullified by somebody who imo shouldn't have been playing in the first place. How is anybody else supposed to have a fighting chance against the producers who have a vested interest in having a certain person do well at others' expense? Just frustrating more than anything . . .

sam post of the year :):):):)

fairness is not in bb anymore

would tell ya about it but you gotta me ignore ;);););):lol:

I have a question cbs could see while the HOH Comp was in progress (after the first 3 questions) that the buttons were not responding properly. Why at that point in time did they just not stop the game say they are having tech difficulties and say once the prob is fixed they will redo/cont the HOH and it will be shown on the live feeds. This would have 1 prob increased the people purchasing the feeds and 2 it would have eliminated alot of controversy. Just a thought. ;)

We are also talking a span of minutes during live TV; I imagine the decision makers couldn't react quickly enough to halt or modify the competition and still make their very strict timeframes.

bs cause bb is more than likely on a tape delay. if you watch tennis they only have seconds to react to streakers and they do. it was enough time because the hoh comp was finish before 8:50

Now I wish I hadn't unignored that post...lesson learned. Anyways, it took them how long to determine how they needed to react, possibly bringing in legal??? Definitely more than 10 minutes. Anyways, the producers may have been watching that Earl show or Grey's Anatomy at the time and missed all the problems. Who knows. I'm tired of rehashing it anyways. What's done is done.

Just a question for all those who still have it recorded, when did the techno problems appear, before, after or during Jani's wrong answer?

We still don't know all the rules for the Coup...one rule could include the HOH cannot be put up, which would be a good rule because if they are doing it for the next 3 weeks who wants to be HOH, everyone will be throwing it.

I know this is a game, but who is getting played here, the viewers or the houseguests?

BB All Stars started out as a joke, and it is still is. New houseguests all the way around would of been so much better.

Just a question for all those who still have it recorded, when did the techno problems appear, before, after or during Jani's wrong answer?

We still don't know all the rules for the Coup...one rule could include the HOH cannot be put up, which would be a good rule because if they are doing it for the next 3 weeks who wants to be HOH, everyone will be throwing it.

I know this is a game, but who is getting played here, the viewers or the houseguests?

BB All Stars started out as a joke, and it is still is. New houseguests all the way around would of been so much better.

Archived