Big Brother General Discussion

Poll shows 65% of people voting for Raven to go tonight.  Interesting that Paul, Josh and Xmas in the wave room listening to Raven's screeching in the kitchen and thinking along the same lines.  Who knows?  She might be the one who should practice leaving.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, HeleneL said:

Poll shows 65% of people voting for Raven to go tonight.  Interesting that Paul, Josh and Xmas in the wave room listening to Raven's screeching in the kitchen and thinking along the same lines.  Who knows?  She might be the one who should practice leaving.

Actually I hope she is the one to leave.  And then they throw Matt out for not following the rules.  Kill two birds with one stone.

What is FAP?  Paul telling Josh and Xmas he can't believe they're not getting the FAP.  I thought maybe he meant AFP was cancelled.  Josh saying he thought they were awesome this season and Paul saying they were not even close to awesome.  Well at least he got that right.

2 hours ago, PAULISABUNION said:

BB will clean it up for the show no doubt.

Yeah they will. They have to make their selection of HGs look good. They never seem to show in full the nitty gritty of what is happening and the dirty side of things. They're afraid of the potential backlash and loss of viewership. They've been painting Paul as a mastermind and genius at the game all season and couldn't possibly show how he is such a douche. There are millions of people out there who only get their info from the three weekly shows, I used to be one.

6 minutes ago, WOC said:

Yeah they will. They have to make their selection of HGs look good. They never seem to show in full the nitty gritty of what is happening and the dirty side of things. They're afraid of the potential backlash and loss of viewership. They've been painting Paul as a mastermind and genius at the game all season and couldn't possibly show how he is such a douche. There are millions of people out there who only get their info from the three weekly shows, I used to be one.

I was use to be one also now I know about this site and I love it.  Ty to everyone for all your post I love reading them. I do watch BBAD  but I don't have the feeds only because I refuse to give them any more money.

10 minutes ago, Gram02 said:

I was use to be one also now I know about this site and I love it.  Ty to everyone for all your post I love reading them. I do watch BBAD  but I don't have the feeds only because I refuse to give them any more money.

There's no way I would pay to watch this stuff. Most of it is a snooze fest as it is. I watch BBAD too. You ever notice that just when you think the convo is going to get good it cuts to a commercial! LOL!

I was just checking out some of the backlash on the internet concerning Jason's "rape" comment aimed at Kevin's wife. Jason seems to me to be the type of person who will say anything to fit in and look cool to the other "cool kids". I seriously doubt the guy would rape anyone, even if he has made comments like this in the house prior. I read that he was saying he would hold down Raven while the guys in the house took turns with her. That was a while back and I never heard about it before. I will admit that the rape comment was inappropriate, no doubt. But I think he's more of a dipshit then a rapist. Didn't Alex say she'd murder someone? Speaking of Alex, who called Kevin a pedophile, she was sitting there during the rape comment laughing, as was Paul. My point being, all of these HGs have come off as pathetic, ignorant, buttholes. I would hope that each and everyone of these HGs get a dose of reality when they get out and maybe feel ashamed by their behavior. It is a sad reflection on our society these days. No one will convince me that BB just happened to pick this many socially inept people to play the game. This is possibly what are future holds.

2 hours ago, WOC said:

I was just checking out some of the backlash on the internet concerning Jason's "rape" comment aimed at Kevin's wife. Jason seems to me to be the type of person who will say anything to fit in and look cool to the other "cool kids". I seriously doubt the guy would rape anyone, even if he has made comments like this in the house prior. I read that he was saying he would hold down Raven while the guys in the house took turns with her. That was a while back and I never heard about it before. I will admit that the rape comment was inappropriate, no doubt. But I think he's more of a dipshit then a rapist. Didn't Alex say she'd murder someone? Speaking of Alex, who called Kevin a pedophile, she was sitting there during the rape comment laughing, as was Paul. My point being, all of these HGs have come off as pathetic, ignorant, buttholes. I would hope that each and everyone of these HGs get a dose of reality when they get out and maybe feel ashamed by their behavior. It is a sad reflection on our society these days. No one will convince me that BB just happened to pick this many socially inept people to play the game. This is possibly what are future holds.

It's really ridiculous: a lot of people on the internet are trying to excuse Jason, saying that he didn't say he was going to "rape" her but "f**k" her.  Well, I don't think Kevin's wife is going to consent to sex with Jason, so even though he said "f**k", he meant "rape" since that's what you call non-consensual sex.  Jason is a total tool, just like most of this year's hg's.

I'm really crossing my fingers that they expel Matt from the game tonight (ie: home, not jury) for continually and blatantly breaking ALL of the Have-Not rules...and for being grossly disrespectful to the production staff in the bargain.  Matt doesn't deserve to make the jury anyway...like Zingbot said, the ONLY thing Matt has done this season is Raven!

On 8/30/2017 at 8:21 AM, straykat said:

Alex (who says she is a really nice person IRL) said after this eviction, they will amp it up on Kevin and "break" him. This has been the pattern with this group and it gets worse with each person they target. They all gang up and harass, bully and shun the person that have chosen as the next one out. They probably believe that they are wonderful people and that this is all just game but that nastiness is there inside them even IRL. "The Game" just gave them an excuse to release it.

I agree - very mean girl along with the other HS's who stand around like a murder of crows and take shots at the accused.

Well, Matt has officially become a trailblazer - he did not follow ANY of the have-not rules for even ONE minute all week...and received (drum roll please): ONE penalty vote!  So from now on, ANY house guest who EVER follows the have-not rules for even ONE minute is a total FOOL...ONE penalty vote is nothing compared to a week of slop, cold showers and sleeping in have-not room in a have-not bed.  BB might as well just stop having have-nots...it's all over!  (And BB didn't even show one instance of his flaunting of the rules, which he mostly did in a very disrespectful manner!)

Matt should have been kicked out of the entire game for his malicious, wanton and purposeful flaunting of the have-not rules ALL week...ignoring all of them on DOZENS of occasions!

Just a few observations...

Is it me or did the applause for Matt, as he exited the house seem slightly muted? Maybe I was just hoping it was.

I can't believe Josh going in the BY and crying after arguing with Kevin. Well, yes I can! What a big baby. This guy is an emotional wreck.

I wish I could see I could see their faces when they leave the house and realize what a bunch of spineless, nasty, douches they really are via social media. 

I hope Kevin wins HOH.

24 minutes ago, JessicaRocks said:

Well, Matt has officially become a trailblazer - he did not follow ANY of the have-not rules for even ONE minute all week...and received (drum roll please): ONE penalty vote!  So from now on, ANY house guest who EVER follows the have-not rules for even ONE minute is a total FOOL...ONE penalty vote is nothing compared to a week of slop, cold showers and sleeping in have-not room in a have-not bed.  BB might as well just stop having have-nots...it's all over!  (And BB didn't even show one instance of his flaunting of the rules, which he mostly did in a very disrespectful manner!)

Matt should have been kicked out of the entire game for his malicious, wanton and purposeful flaunting of the have-not rules ALL week...ignoring all of them on DOZENS of occasions!

It's been known for years that violating the have-not rule would get you a penalty vote and a number of hg's have been penalized for it. Matt's pretty much the first to ignore it completely. Tossing somebody out for breaking that rule poses serious problems for production. If they toss someone before jury it's no big deal. But doing so after they start seating the jury and you run the risk for a tie, plus more than one person could in theory break the rule during jury seating. Interesting that the only mention of it was right as they began to vote. I agree the penalty is way too light for the crime committed. They should give them 3 votes instead. That would make them think twice before eating that sammich, especially as you get closer to the end. 

26 minutes ago, stevea11 said:

It's been known for years that violating the have-not rule would get you a penalty vote and a number of hg's have been penalized for it. Matt's pretty much the first to ignore it completely. Tossing somebody out for breaking that rule poses serious problems for production. If they toss someone before jury it's no big deal. But doing so after they start seating the jury and you run the risk for a tie, plus more than one person could in theory break the rule during jury seating. Interesting that the only mention of it was right as they began to vote. I agree the penalty is way too light for the crime committed. They should give them 3 votes instead. That would make them think twice before eating that sammich, especially as you get closer to the end. 

In the case of Matt, he would have been happy if it was 3 votes because he had already decided to give his game to Raven. But for most, they do not want that vote against them and will follow the rules.

45 minutes ago, WOC said:

Just a few observations...

Is it me or did the applause for Matt, as he exited the house seem slightly muted? Maybe I was just hoping it was.

I can't believe Josh going in the BY and crying after arguing with Kevin. Well, yes I can! What a big baby. This guy is an emotional wreck.

I wish I could see I could see their faces when they leave the house and realize what a bunch of spineless, nasty, douches they really are via social media. 

I hope Kevin wins HOH.

Applause was definitely muted, not just your imagination and there was barely any cheering.  Wrote about Baby Josh in his thread.  Yeah it will be interesting to see how they feel when a few more go to jury and see some videos.

35 minutes ago, stevea11 said:

I hadn't realized till this week that it was just one penalty vote for the whole week.  I would have thought it was one for each offense.

1 hour ago, stevea11 said:

Yeah, I know that HG's have violated it before, but Matt is the first one I can EVER remember ignoring ALL the have-not rules from start to finish.  He was also VERY disrespectful to production about it - at least once or twice, he told BB "F**K You!" when told to stop eating or showering in hot shower.  The penalty should be more like: 1st time - 1 penalty vote, 2nd time - 2 penalty votes, 3rd time - DQ from game.  I thought they should have DQ'ed Matt, then given America his jury vote...

I'm beginning to wonder if we'll every have an eviction vote this season that is ANY kind of surprise.  Every single eviction this year has been telegraphed days in advance.  It even seems like there have been fewer opposing votes (votes cast for the person NOT being evicted) than in any season before...I mean, what has there been maybe 4 or 5 opposing votes total so far this year?

I also don't remember a season where the cast has had such a knack for creating targets out of thin air week after week.

3 hours ago, JessicaRocks said:

Julie announced at the end of the show that next Thursday will be double eviction.

I got really excited when I read the first half of your sentence.

I can't believe I spent so much time watching/thinking about this show this summer. It really jumped the shark and I almost wish I hadn't started watching BB again. CBS really needs to start thinking about revamping it. As for this season, I will go to the bitter end, or at least that's my plan. Not sure if I'll start watching the next season though. I mean what's the point if it's anything like this. So predictable. I think production had a hand in the game as far as getting Paul ahead in the beginning, but I don't know how much they play a part at this point. One would think they have to be disappointed in how predictable it is. Expect the unexpected! HA! 

I would love to contact CBS and tell them how disappointed so many of are at this season's BB.  I am just not sure how to go about that.  When I go to CBS.Com there is nowhere to click on to contact them.  If anyone know how to do this please tell me.  Thanks.

29 minutes ago, WOC said:

I got really excited when I read the first half of your sentence.

I can't believe I spent so much time watching/thinking about this show this summer. It really jumped the shark and I almost wish I hadn't started watching BB again. CBS really needs to start thinking about revamping it. As for this season, I will go to the bitter end, or at least that's my plan. Not sure if I'll start watching the next season though. I mean what's the point if it's anything like this. So predictable. I think production had a hand in the game as far as getting Paul ahead in the beginning, but I don't know how much they play a part at this point. One would think they have to be disappointed in how predictable it is. Expect the unexpected! HA! 

I totally agree with you - I've been a big fan of the show for years, but CBS has really let it decline.  Now it's just a bunch of mean HG's who are predictable, and I hate how the production staff lets them bully everyone (including the production staff themselves).

Several years ago, I wrote a letter to the FCC to file a complaint against the show (as I felt that CBS was manipulating the results - seeming to favor certain players).  The FCC wrote back to me that that Big Brother was primarily an entertainment show (even though it had a cash prize) and so was not subject to the same rules as game shows.  Therefore, they said, CBS had the right to produce the show as they saw fit to maximize entertainment.  I wish I could find the letter they sent me - the words above are not the exact words they used, but they are the gist of it.

9 hours ago, JessicaRocks said:

Yeah, I know that HG's have violated it before, but Matt is the first one I can EVER remember ignoring ALL the have-not rules from start to finish.  He was also VERY disrespectful to production about it - at least once or twice, he told BB "F**K You!" when told to stop eating or showering in hot shower.  The penalty should be more like: 1st time - 1 penalty vote, 2nd time - 2 penalty votes, 3rd time - DQ from game.  I thought they should have DQ'ed Matt, then given America his jury vote...

Who cares how many votes they give, when the player wants to leave. Give him 100 votes; the outcome is the same. As for kicking him out entirely, you can't really do that when they make it to jury. It messes up the game. And I don't think anybody wants to go back to BB1 days when the audience had such a huge impact on the game. If you let America vote, the players all start playing to the audience, instead of being honest in the diary room, etc. The game becomes even more boring and predictable.

I think the current rule is fine. If CBS goes too hard on a player that clearly doesn't want to be there, they run the risk of the player quitting and walking out. About the only other thing they can do, is send the player directly to jury and have another HoH competition.