Big Brother General Discussion

34 minutes ago, Newby said:

I would love to contact CBS and tell them how disappointed so many of are at this season's BB.  I am just not sure how to go about that.  When I go to CBS.Com there is nowhere to click on to contact them.  If anyone know how to do this please tell me.  Thanks.

Go to CBS.com, then go to the very bottom of the page and click on "Help".  At the top of the page that brings up, there is a drop down "Contact Us" - the drop down choices are "Submit a Question" and "Feedback".  I left them an earful.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, WOC said:

I got really excited when I read the first half of your sentence.

I can't believe I spent so much time watching/thinking about this show this summer. It really jumped the shark and I almost wish I hadn't started watching BB again. CBS really needs to start thinking about revamping it. As for this season, I will go to the bitter end, or at least that's my plan. Not sure if I'll start watching the next season though. I mean what's the point if it's anything like this. So predictable. I think production had a hand in the game as far as getting Paul ahead in the beginning, but I don't know how much they play a part at this point. One would think they have to be disappointed in how predictable it is. Expect the unexpected! HA! 

I will watch next season because to me every season is different. The comps may be the same and the rules may be the same but the interaction of the players makes every season unique. This season is boring to me because there really has only been one side. I like it when there's multiple groups of 2 to 3 people all strategizing to get ahead in the game. 

1 minute ago, joystiick said:

I will watch next season because to me every season is different. The comps may be the same and the rules may be the same but the interaction of the players makes every season unique. This season is boring to me because there really has only been one side. I like it when there's multiple groups of 2 to 3 people all strategizing to get ahea

d in the game. 

Yes, this year has been nothing but the entire house against the 3 showmances.  Every week someone found an excuse to call one of those 6 a horrible human being who had no right to breathe the same air as the rest of them and then they bullied and hounded them until they were gone.  Most of those left are the really despicable ones: especially Paul, Josh and Christmas.  Raven is simply super irritating and Jason is a super misogynist (rape jokes).  I liked Alex in the beginning, but she has turned out to be a pretty hateful person.  I'm not sure what to think of Kevin - he has mostly been a floater/flip-flopper.  I would have really liked to have seen Jessica, Elena and Mark last longer in the game...and I think Jillian went WAY too soon - 'would have liked to have learned more about her.  I have NO idea how Megan got on the show.

1 hour ago, JessicaRocks said:

Go to CBS.com, then go to the very bottom of the page and click on "Help".  At the top of the page that brings up, there is a drop down "Contact Us" - the drop down choices are "Submit a Question" and "Feedback".  I left them an earful.

I hate to break this to you, but they won't "hear" your earful that you left them.  It's all about ratings.  

2 hours ago, Newby said:

I would love to contact CBS and tell them how disappointed so many of are at this season's BB.  I am just not sure how to go about that.  When I go to CBS.Com there is nowhere to click on to contact them.  If anyone know how to do this please tell me.  Thanks.

As long as the ratings are good (and they are) complaining to CBS will fall on deaf ears.

I used to be concerned when I heard occasional rumors over the past couple of years that CBS was not going to have a new season of the Big Brother show...but now I really wish they would go ahead and cancel all future seasons.  It's gotten really ridiculous.  I'll finish watching this year to see who finally wins this season (the winner will probably win it by default/luck), but I will never watch future seasons.

19 hours ago, mskittywitty said:

I agree - very mean girl along with the other HS's who stand around like a murder of crows and take shots at the accused.

What's funny is they have to know that one of them is going to get ganged up on too.  If Alex and Jason are shocked and believe they are going to back door Kevin, I'm going to laugh.  Did Alex throw the HOH too?

47 minutes ago, JessicaRocks said:

I used to be concerned when I heard occasional rumors over the past couple of years that CBS was not going to have a new season of the Big Brother show...but now I really wish they would go ahead and cancel all future seasons.  It's gotten really ridiculous.  I'll finish watching this year to see who finally wins this season (the winner will probably win it by default/luck), but I will never watch future seasons.

Not to antagonize you...season 20 is probably a given since they usually renew for 2 years as they did for 19 and 20, season before last. What they show during primetime is making CBS lots of money.

1 minute ago, fredtheturtle said:

What's funny is they have to know that one of them is going to get ganged up on too.  If Alex and Jason are shocked and believe they are going to back door Kevin, I'm going to laugh.  Did Alex throw the HOH too?

As far as I know from the feed updates.....YES....so far... Kevin isn't in the offering as a BD so, if he just keeps quiet he won't go up. They want to evict Jason...I'd rather see Alex go. She has a hold on Jason. We may see more spontaneous gaming without Alex. 

On BBAD Kevin is making all these elaborate plans to go pick up Jason and bring him back to Boston to meet his family and later drive him back home.  Doubt that'll happen once he's out and hears what Jason said about his wife and daughters.  That statement will haunt Jason for many years to come.  If he worked in an office he'd have lost his job already like those girls with the racist comments.

4 hours ago, JessicaRocks said:

I totally agree with you - I've been a big fan of the show for years, but CBS has really let it decline.  Now it's just a bunch of mean HG's who are predictable, and I hate how the production staff lets them bully everyone (including the production staff themselves).

Several years ago, I wrote a letter to the FCC to file a complaint against the show (as I felt that CBS was manipulating the results - seeming to favor certain players).  The FCC wrote back to me that that Big Brother was primarily an entertainment show (even though it had a cash prize) and so was not subject to the same rules as game shows.  Therefore, they said, CBS had the right to produce the show as they saw fit to maximize entertainment.  I wish I could find the letter they sent me - the words above are not the exact words they used, but they are the gist of it.

CBS used to run similar wording in the ending credits of the show.  I specifically looked for that wording again recently, but didn’t see it.  Think I first noticed it during Frankie’s season when I was so annoyed with how he kept managing to stay in the house.  That statement about the show being “for entertainment purposes” clearly gives BB the ability to try to manipulate houseguests, rig contests, play favorites or otherwise do whatever they can to keep the most annoying, disliked, controversial, (or sometimes most beloved) characters in the house ‘cause  that’s who everyone will be talking about and that generates ratings.  As long as CBS continues to give the average casual viewer clever heroes and maddening villains to cheer for/against, and cast controversial idiots to keep the more savvy live-stream viewers engaged in on-line commentary, we will probably just get more of the same.  That said, I do think this season unexpectedly went south for them early on…instead of getting entertaining characters with well-thought strategies and epic battles, we got one clever dictator with a 3-week pass, maybe 2 other potential decent players, and a whole bunch of useless, mean-spirited lumps too lazy to even try to think on their own.  Hopefully CBS will tweak something in their processes to give us a better season next year.

21 minutes ago, hazelnutz said:

As far as I know from the feed updates.....YES....so far... Kevin isn't in the offering as a BD so, if he just keeps quiet he won't go up. They want to evict Jason...I'd rather see Alex go. She has a hold on Jason. We may see more spontaneous gaming without Alex. 

Funny how Jason is the only one to comment in the DR about the finger gets pointed, that person becomes the target and then the mob attacks.

My least favorite houseguest this year far and away has to be Josh.  He is so strange - switches back and forth between being a bully and a cry baby.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Josh gets out of the house and discovers that the other HG's had NO respect for him at all - that they just played him for a fool for all he was worth the whole season, often using him to do their dirtiest work and always at least the manipulated vote to further their own game play.  Whenever he jumps in to vilify the next victim on the house's list, his arguments are always the most ridiculous, nonsensical, empty and bellicose of anyone's in the house.  It amazes me that the victims almost always seem to let him get the last word in, even though his arguments are so hollow and pointless.

5 hours ago, JessicaRocks said:

I totally agree with you - I've been a big fan of the show for years, but CBS has really let it decline.  Now it's just a bunch of mean HG's who are predictable, and I hate how the production staff lets them bully everyone (including the production staff themselves).

Several years ago, I wrote a letter to the FCC to file a complaint against the show (as I felt that CBS was manipulating the results - seeming to favor certain players).  The FCC wrote back to me that that Big Brother was primarily an entertainment show (even though it had a cash prize) and so was not subject to the same rules as game shows.  Therefore, they said, CBS had the right to produce the show as they saw fit to maximize entertainment.  I wish I could find the letter they sent me - the words above are not the exact words they used, but they are the gist of it.

I was afraid of that.  I guess the only way to convey our displeasure of the way the show is run is to not buy from their advertisers.

5 hours ago, JessicaRocks said:

Thanks so much for this information.  I will also give them an earful.  I will not be using foul language though.

2 hours ago, JessicaRocks said:

My least favorite houseguest this year far and away has to be Josh.  He is so strange - switches back and forth between being a bully and a cry baby.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Josh gets out of the house and discovers that the other HG's had NO respect for him at all - that they just played him for a fool for all he was worth the whole season, often using him to do their dirtiest work and always at least the manipulated vote to further their own game play.  Whenever he jumps in to vilify the next victim on the house's list, his arguments are always the most ridiculous, nonsensical, empty and bellicose of anyone's in the house.  It amazes me that the victims almost always seem to let him get the last word in, even though his arguments are so hollow and pointless.

Even though Josh is a bully and a baby I think I would rather see him win the game than Paul, Alex or Christmas.  I don't really want to see Raven win either because I think she is collecting a lot of money from people who send money to the GoFundMe accounts.  I really hope that these accounts dry up completely.  Anyway, that leaves Jason and Kevin to win and I don't think they will be around to win.  So that just leaves Josh.

There is not a HG left that I want to win...they are all pretty worthless IMHO.  I would've said that Jason was the lesser of the remaining evils but for the horrible rape jokes he has made.  He has no idea how much those remarks he made are going to haunt him (and his family) after he leaves the BB house.  I think he can probably kiss his rodeo clown and bull business goodbye.

It's so weird that the entire house STILL seems so intent on giving first place to Paul this season.  If he makes it to the final 2, he will absolutely win it (which will make me very sad).  He could have never done it without the fabulous (and unprecedented) 3 week safety gift that BB gave him in the beginning.  Without that, he would have been voted off when Cody nominated him and Cody/Jessica would still be running the house about now.

10 minutes ago, JessicaRocks said:

There is not a HG left that I want to win...they are all pretty worthless IMHO.  I would've said that Jason was the lesser of the remaining evils but for the horrible rape jokes he has made.  He has no idea how much those remarks he made are going to haunt him (and his family) after he leaves the BB house.  I think he can probably kiss his rodeo clown and bull business goodbye.

It's so weird that the entire house STILL seems so intent on giving first place to Paul this season.  If he makes it to the final 2, he will absolutely win it (which will make me very sad).  He could have never done it without the fabulous (and unprecedented) 3 week safety gift that BB gave him in the beginning.  Without that, he would have been voted off when Cody nominated him and Cody/Jessica would still be running the house about now.

They all just drink the Kool-aid with their blind faith.  They are going to be so embarrassed when they see the idiots they all are.  I don't even like watching because it's so predictable.  I think they need a twist right now that would f-up all their games.   I'm rooting for the rat and by that I don't mean Paul.  

7 minutes ago, fredtheturtle said:

They all just drink the Kool-aid with their blind faith.  They are going to be so embarrassed when they see the idiots they all are.  I don't even like watching because it's so predictable.  I think they need a twist right now that would f-up all their games.   I'm rooting for the rat and by that I don't mean Paul.  

; )

35 minutes ago, fredtheturtle said:

This is one show that I would love to see a reunion. I should probably be ashamed of myself. I really would love to hear them admit how stupid they were. I just don't know if they will even get it. Josh thinks they are all awesome!  lol

15 minutes ago, hazelnutz said:

This is one show that I would love to see a reunion. I should probably be ashamed of myself. I really would love to hear them admit how stupid they were. I just don't know if they will even get it. Josh thinks they are all awesome!  lol

I said the same thing a while ago and I'm not at all ashamed.  I'd love to see them read and squirm when they see how they  were perceived.  In their small-minded way they all believe they are the best candidates to win AFP.  Josh is delusional!  Awesome?  But then that's Josh.