'Survivor' vs. 'Big Brother':

Dade

Very Interesting. I have always liked Big Brother better than Survior. I think it's because of the 24/7 live feeds. Gives me something to watch at anytime of the day. Big Borther is my personal favorite reality show. However I do love them all. (even Flavor Flav :lookaround: ) Even though some of the twists of Big Brother are lame they keep things hoping. Like many others Season 9 sucked and I'm glad I made it thorugh it. I didn't like anyone on Season 9. Allison was my least favorite. She drove me NUTS. (Natalie was bad too) Oh gosh I remember watching their pool orgy and I was like oh my gosh they should just end this season right now. Luckily the orgy situations didn't continue.

i use to be a huge survivor fan

the multiple seasons per year became a bit much for me

i quit watching after the first allstars due to being overwhelm

plus the fact the show isn't live made me lose interest

bb and ai are my two top reality shows

i love that both occur just once a year and both are actually live

i use to be a huge survivor fan

the multiple seasons per year became a bit much for me

i quit watching after the first allstars due to being overwhelm

plus the fact the show isn't live made me lose interest

bb and ai are my two top reality shows

i love that both occur just once a year and both are actually live

I agree with all of this. The best part of BB to me is the live feeds. I love watching what's going on at any time of day or night. Survior to me got boring. It's just to alike each season. I know BB is sometimes too but I think seeing it live makes up for that. I also think you get more connected to the cast seeing them so much on the live feeds. However with all that said I wouldn't do BB for 2 million dollars. I wouldn't think that would be fun to have people watching me 24/7. Bashing me for any and every little thing about me. And I would have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when it needed to be shut. I have to give credit for the people who are willing to do it though. Just not for me.

'Survivor' vs. 'Big Brother': Zap2it's TV Show Smackdown

Interesting comparison.

What do you think of their resuts?

Makes me excited for BB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring it on!

I have to admit, I am a FAR bigger Survivor fan than BB fan. Survivor as a game just makes me giddy. But BB is so much fun. I love that its on in the summer. To me BB is perfect for the lazy crazy summer nights. I sit out with a beer and watch the hi-jinks. The only bad thing about BB is Julie Chen, man she makes me sick.

I can;t wait for the new season. Looking forward to watching and talking here.

I pretty much don't miss Big Brother even if I don't like the people and don't watch each episode, I try and catch as many as I can. Survivor has its lean years in my opinion, but I must admit that Russell gave Survivor a much needed shot in the arm for me. I loved the last two sessions.

It is difficult to compare the two but of them both, I think that Big Brother holds more fascination for me in the role of real soap opera voyeur; seeing warts and all. Not so much of that on Survivor - perhaps because it on only one night a week and I suspect we watch a drastically edited product.

I love both shows but I really have started to dislike Survivor a lot. For a show that is based around challenges and winning and being competitive...Outwit, Outplay, Outlast...it never really feels like that.

It feels like if you are a strong player and you do good you lose. There are exceptions but usually the winner is always somebody who sucks and did jack to make the show any good.

If the show was about making friends and losing every single challenge in literally two seasons while never being entertaining then I could see why Sandra and others won but its not. They should just start handing the million to the nicest people who get carried by all the strong players. I'll never forget season two when Colby lost, almost quit watching the show right then, kind of wish I had.

Colby lost because he took what's her name to the final two. I don't know what he was thinking. Maybe that she needed the money more than him? By the look on his face when that choice made the survivor's bad moves list, he knows it was a dumb move.

Also, it's annoying how a jury will award money to the one that didn't do anything! I get that a part of game play has nothing to do with winning comps, but still, a lot of the jury vote is based on hurt feelings. Maybe I would vote the same if I were in their shoes.

I need them both! I have drifted away from AI, only taking in moments instead of whole shows, but BB and Survivor continue to be shows I hate to miss. Was surprised the nod went to BB in challenges though, as I find the challenges on Survivor to be more interesting, although I get how the limited space does make it tough for the BB folks to create challenges of the scope found in Survivor.

I think that BB might be more popular with a broader watcher base were it prime-time in the winter. That, and most people can't watch feeds 24/7 and many wouldn't if they could - myself included. I did once and had to shake that addiction. They are totally different shows in all aspects. I also believe that Survivor is more successful in its appeal to the male and female audience and I'm not so sure the same can be said for BB. I don't know a lot of guys who watch BB (maybe some do and don't admit it). I would appreciate BB being more physical in the challenges and making daily life more realistic for the people on the show. Lounging around all day in a bikini or shirtless and barefoot is not reality. BB is basically fluff tv. Survivor tries a bit harder for some substance, Imo. They have to if they wish to keep the target audience.

Archived