Ivette being a racist

RishiBoy

Guest chyron1

JFetch

Do you think people go to the audition being racist?

The contestants fill our questionnaires to see what type of personality they have. You don't think CBS would adjust those questions to weed out potential problems? You don't think pyschologists had a hand in designing those personality tests? Why haven't they cast murderers, rapists, and other undesireables? They have *trick* questions that's why. Name a show on regular broadcast television where one of the main characters, or even minor characters are racist? There's a reason for that wouldn't you think? Too many people are turned off by that as evidenced in this thread.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't see the comments on the show, unless it becomes an issue in the house. As long as they aren't glorifying racism, they might show it.

I said what I wanted about this, so please lets let it die. There are too many names being thrown around at each other.

Guest chyron1

And I guess I've said what I wanted to in this thread. But don't think for one minute people can throw the *N* word around, or racism in general and it NOT be challenged, by me or others. It's wrong, filthy, and should be challenged on all fronts whenever it arises.

Maybe you should drop the discussion on this subject. If this is not a place for Shockolot to learn, then it is also not a place for chyron1 to teach. Please note that I am using the word "teach" loosely here. And, if possible, please refrain from calling me names.

heh heh - well said :)

The biggest damage will be when this is over Ivette will have the public to deal with or even family. Maybe her family/friends are used to her type of comments. But maybe when someone goes oh you were the one on Big Brother with the racist comments.... That would be great to see her expression then. Eric will probably not have a good public perception of him either, along with most of Maggie's group. I think Kaysar, Howie, Janelle, Rachel, Sarah will do well.

I don't have a problem with people trying to learn things about other cultures but I do think it is odd that Shockalot is so dead set that it is appropriate to use the word just because some rappers and commedians use it.

I can understand why some people esp outside of the US have a hard time understanding why the word shouldnt be used.

I live in a community which is prodominetly african american and you cant listen to a conversation among the younger crowd without hearing that word used 1000 times. Its part of everyday slang. altho not being of african american decent If i was to walk outside and use that word I would be given 1000 nasty looks.

My husband however is quite popular with the older teens in the neigborhood (we own a cell phone store and they are very popular now a days) if he was to use the word in context of saying friend, buddy, dude etc... people wouldnt think twice about it.

Hey am from NYC too, and I really don't think it would be 1000 nasty looks u would get if u were to say the word. :lol:

I don't have a problem with people trying to learn things about other cultures but I do think it is odd that Shockalot is so dead set that it is appropriate to use the word just because some rappers and commedians use it.

I can understand why some people esp outside of the US have a hard time understanding why the word shouldnt be used.

I live in a community which is prodominetly african american and you cant listen to a conversation among the younger crowd without hearing that word used 1000 times. Its part of everyday slang. altho not being of african american decent If i was to walk outside and use that word I would be given 1000 nasty looks.

My husband however is quite popular with the older teens in the neigborhood (we own a cell phone store and they are very popular now a days) if he was to use the word in context of saying friend, buddy, dude etc... people wouldnt think twice about it.

Hey am from NYC too, and I really don't think it would be 1000 nasty looks u would get if u were to say the word. :lol:

lol the scene from die hard 3 with bruce willis wearing the sign is more likely.

btw love ur avatar

Guest chyron1

shanster said: And, if possible, please refrain from calling me names.

And you are who??? This is the first time I recall ever posting to you. You *teach* in a classroom, or some other structured environment, so I would hope you are using the term "loosely"... lol And if you think a Big Brother chatroom is the place to learn about the origins of a word, especially *that* word, then that says volumes about you. But I, just like YOU had an opinion (well several) and stated them. I will post what I want, when I want, and how I want, and will not ask nor need your permission to do so.

Guest Shockalot

Well and agreed Chyron.

We 100% agree to the right to post offensive words and to dislike them too.

Probably the one thing that sets you apart from everyone else is your constant ongoing use of personal insults and name-calling.

Still, I would fight for your right to call people idiots and make personal insults all the same.

Couldn't read all the replies. But at the start of the thread there was talk about emailing CBS.

What you need to do is call your local radio stations and let them know BB has a racist skank on the show and the things she said.

Write your locl newspaper current section. etc.

CBS will love the publicity and maybe the public outcry will make them give vomette the boot.

I have been sick to my stomach watching the feeds of this mental midget racist woman.

BB doesn't have very good rating. And I am sure the media couldn't care less. But its worth a shot.

It just dawned on me, how would Marvin feel if it were him on the receiving end of racial slurs from Ivette? Would CBS step in because it would throw Marv over the edge, for sure. I think part of it, is that Kaysar knows it's happening, but is being too complaisant about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying her provoking a response from him should be what causes cbs to step in, they should regardless. I'm just bringing to light the fact that such would never have gone on for as long as it has if it were someone like Marvin receiving them. Hell friggen no!

Ivette has already dug herself into a deep enough hole, as long as she keeps up the talking trash, racist insults, she will be putting the shovels in the hands of every person outside that house who has witnessed and herd it straight from the horses mouth. All will have thier shovels filled with the dirt to cover her with. She may act all butch in that house, but when she sees herself she will try to apologize and have some remorse, but will it be believeable........Not by a long shot!

I completley understand the fcc rules. Apparently it is you that do not. Paid internet feeds are not censored by the FCC. Neither are pay cable chanells.

Obviously you don't get it. Big Brother is neither a pay cable show' date=' nor is it an internet show. It is a television show, and since it is a tv show, it is governed by the rules and regulations of the FCC. I would think that would be simple enough for anyone to understand. But you apparently don't understand, or just won't admit you're wrong, so this conversation is over.[/quote']

What a big assumption that you understand COMPLETELY the fcc rules yet you don't quote any. The feeds are an internet show and not subject to fcc rules that govern over the air service. But since you completely understand the fcc rules you knew this just failed to explain it?

What are the rules for over the air service and how do they differ from the live feeds.

On the subject of free speech for those who wish to censor have you read any part of the Patriot Act? We lost a large number of freedoms and now our gov can keep track of the books you check out and judge you accordingly if they just think you are a terrorist you can be detained without legal representation. This is a huge loss but since you "understand completely the fcc rules" you also must understnd the Patriot Act. Oh and everything written on the net can be collected without notice to you ever wonder why?

Obviously you don't get it. Big Brother is neither a pay cable show, nor is it an internet show. It is a television show, and since it is a tv show, it is governed by the rules and regulations of the FCC.

Actually, it is a social experiment that only portions are aired on television. The portions that are aired on TV have to follow the FCC guidelines. Why does the whole experiment have to follow FCC guidelines when most of it is not aired on TV?

Guest chyron1
[  Why does the whole experiment have to follow FCC guidelines when most of it is not aired on TV?

It doesn't. Just the TV portion, which is what I've been saying all along. But if there was NO TV show, then you would not have the internet feeds. If you don't believe me, when BB gets cancelled, I'll bet you there's no more internet feeds. I don't know why that's so hard to understand.

They cut to fish last night when she said that normal people do not strap themselves up with bombs in the name of religion.  Good God, how stupid is Ivette?  Why does she think just because he's Iraqi, he is Al Quaida?

Maybe someone will strap a brain to some of the houseguests heads.

Go Kaysar. You rock my world!

shanster said:  And, if possible, please refrain from calling me names.

And you are who??? This is the first time I recall ever posting to you. You *teach* in a classroom, or some other structured environment, so I would hope you are using the term "loosely"... lol And if you think a Big Brother chatroom is the place to learn about the origins of a word, especially *that* word, then that says volumes about you. But I, just like YOU had an opinion (well several) and stated them. I will post what I want, when I want, and how I want, and will not ask nor need your permission to do so.

You really think teaching only takes place in a structured environment? Are you serious? I am a lifelong learner. Everyone is. You are too, but you have a very narrow perspective. In my previous post, I was simply replying to your "no learning here" comment by telling you, then no teaching here either. Also, you are very generous with your name calling. I just didn't want any part of that. Sorry to everyone for posting this way down the thread.

shanster said: And' date=' if possible, please refrain from calling me names.

And you are who??? This is the first time I recall ever posting to you. You *teach* in a classroom, or some other structured environment, so I would hope you are using the term "loosely"... lol And if you think a Big Brother chatroom is the place to learn about the origins of a word, especially *that* word, then that says volumes about you. But I, just like YOU had an opinion (well several) and stated them. I will post what I want, when I want, and how I want, and will not ask nor need your permission to do so.[/quote']

You really think teaching only takes place in a structured environment? Are you serious? I am a lifelong learner. Everyone is. You are too, but you have a very narrow perspective. In my previous post, I was simply replying to your "no learning here" comment by telling you, then no teaching here either. Also, you are very generous with your name calling. I just didn't want any part of that. Sorry to everyone for posting this way down the thread.

Hey Shanster - the only thing I will say about your post is it needs a prescription for more cow bell.... lol

Go Kaysar. You rock my world!

Guest chyron1

Then shanster, please refrain from posting directly to me anymore. Obviously we don't see things in the same light, so why bother? You seem much too technical, and I think you *assume* too much. The halls of higher learning, books, the library, apprenticeships, *that* was the structured learning I eluded to. Life itself is a learning experience, that goes without saying, so you didn't need to. lol

She is the type of person who is so insecure about herself that she has to berate others.  And what's so bad is the person she hates more than any other is herself. 

She really is a sad and unhappy person.

Exactly. I think once Ivette sees the feeds and the kinds of things she said in the heat of emotion, she'll reign herself in a little. She's very young and has a lot to learn when it comes to "live and let live" or "it takes all kinds to make up this great big world of ours". She doesn't see things that way yet.

Ivette is the ultimate pot calling the kettle black.

Then shanster, please refrain from posting directly to me anymore. Obviously we don't see things in the same light, so why bother? You seem much too technical, and I think you *assume* too much. The halls of higher learning, books, the library, apprenticeships, *that* was the structured learning I eluded to. Life itself is a learning experience, that goes without saying, so you didn't need to. lol

lol

You can dish it, but you can't take it. Don't tell me who I can and can't post to. That's hypocritical. Do you communicate any other way besides this bulldog keyboard commando method? Verbally jousting with you is lame. You only know one move. With that said, I'm done. I'm sure you will get your last word in though. That's expected.