Ivette being a racist

RishiBoy

Guest Shockalot
I'm with shockalot.

Dancing.. no matter what happens from here on - I must admire the hell out of you for sheer brass balls to do that.

:shock:

:wink:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is amazing!

The N word is offensive and derogatory, whether you want to admit it or not. People that use it indiscriminately are either ignorant, stupid or racist. It isn't derived from Nigeria. so whoever told you that was wrong. And slaves weren't naively called this ugly, hateful word.

If you just don't get it, then really do some research on the word and you would understand it's true meaning and not what someone just happen to tell you.

the 'n' word is not "simply" anything, shockalot. I highly recommend that you either read the book or see the movie "roots" and then maybe you will have a slightly better understanding of how that word is just one example of how our country made a practice of degarding, abusing and killing an entire race for many many years using that word all along the way. It is symbolic in this country of the torment brought to the african american people by their enslavement. That is why african americans are entitled to use it now as a way of turning it around on the rest of us. Some of us, on the other hand, are not entitled to use it because we are not african american and our people did not go through what they went through. It most definitely is a cultural thing in our country. That doesn't mean it is not worth respecting.

Guest Shockalot
That's so true Dave and PrettyGirl. I don't see how Shockalot doesn't know the context in which the word is being used. Even the title of the thread tells us what the subject is about and it's not about candy.

I understand the context its being used in this particular thread.

Mainly we are discussing the etymology and popular usage.

I assumed it had something to do with Negro (meaning 'Black') but I had been told that early Americans (mistakenly) attributed it to 'Niger' The Country.

Oddly enough, I know at least one Yank from Idaho who swears 'Niger' is pronounced 'N' and had no idea that 'Negro' was Latin for 'Black'. Again, the confused popular usage becomes a legitimate usage anyway.

I think its pretty bizarre that after 100+ years later and thousands of soldiers from the USA, which opposed slavery and then won and then took over the now non-existant pro-slavery would-be-nation is still some sort of 'sensitive issue'.

It would seem to me that it was used to describe certain 'types' of freed slaves.

Lazy and self-defeating freed slaves.

Ones who, in a sense are shaming or misusing their freedom and in effect betraying the not only the freed slaves but the thousands of white americans who died for their freedoms.

Now basing this on a Chris Rock Special that I just watched (which was brilliant btw) there are 'Black People' and then... There are 'N's'.

Black people can not tolerate 'N's'.

To this day N's are the worst and most despised type of person to a black person.

Therefore, calling a 'Black person' a 'N' (Unjustly) is taken as a terrible offense.

Now hang on a minute because that tells me that its appropriate when justly applied.

For example - I was watching this Rap Video Countdown. 'Gangsta' Rap apparently.

Most of the video went as follows:

Very privilaged youths living in one of the wealthiest nations on earth have nearly unlimited freedoms to anything they choose.

They choose to take other peoples money (the less deserved the better!) and to be paid outrageous sums for making rhymes.

Then they literally flaunt.. and I mean FLAUNT as much wealth as possible, literally chanting how much they love bling-bling and having obscene spending habits.

At one point one of them drives a needlessly expensive, jewelry encrusted vehicle worth probably 200,000 dollars through poor slums (which he claims he rules using a gun to murder people etc).

Among other things they claim to 'Gets Paid' and 'BLEEP Whores' as well as Pimp out Whores to be ****ed so theys can gets paid more cash.

So these guys would be N'.

If Im using the word correctly its appropriate for me to call 50Cent a N.

I mean.. if he is not a N then who is?

See what Im saying?

And just to say Im meaning to somehow get this all back on topic here folks..

Is there a time and place where Ivette can indeed call someone a 'N'.

(Ok, in this case its all screwey because she says 'SandNigger')

I havent seen anything I would call truly 'Niggardly' from Kaysar but for the sake of argument, she might believe she has a justified reason to do so and in that sense its a fair call?

Guest Shockalot
seems like you are just looking for excuses to use the word that you already knows bothers a lot of us...

well, as long as YOU are having a good time.

You should just use the words 'Spew' and 'Hate' and then PM Mods demanding I be stopped.

That seems to be the way now. ;)

Now basing this on a Chris Rock Special that I just watched (which was brilliant btw) there are 'Black People' and then... There are 'Ns'.  
Now hang on a minute because that tells me that its appropriate when justly applied.  

For example - I was watching this Rap Video Countdown. 'Gangsta' Rap apparently.

Yes, and the fact that you would use Chris Rock and gangsta rap as an example of the "correct" usage of the word for all of America and the world...ridiculous.

So these guys would be Ns.  

If Im using the word correctly its appropriate for me to call 50Cent a N. I mean.. if he is not a N then who is?

Yes Floreslady, he does sound like he loves that word.

Guest chyron1

I understand the context its being used in this particular thread.

Mainly we are discussing the etymology and popular usage.

No we are discussing or at least *trying* to discuss Big Brother. *You're* discussing the etymology and popular usage. YOU are an idiot, but I'm beginning to think a racist, bigoted nitwit as well. It seems the other poster is right, and you enjoy using the *n* word, even after you've been told that word is offensive. Are you so dense that it has gone over your head that you are the only one using that word? What does that mean to you? Do you get a "clue" from that? Are you that much of an imbecile? I think you are stupid, but not quite that stupid, so your continued usage of the word makes you hateful. But at least everyone here now can see what you are. Enjoy yourself moron!

Guest teakee

Hello -- easy to email CBS go to feedback on bottom on page of CBS.com page it is drop down page. I've done it many times.

Now on to Ivette. She calls herself 'ghetto'; she is also Cuban and gay. Nothing wrong with that or being poor, I'm poor too. It is her attitude.

Kaysar may not be perfect but I am grateful for the chance to learn many new things about the Arab or Iraqi culture. I do wish that Kaysar would just find Ivette alone (and this is hard to find a sheep not surrounded by others and ask a reason for her hate). I'm sorry but I one could almost feel the hate and prejudice feelings from the first show (I do have the feeds and watch ALOT)mostly when Cappy gave his little speech about firefighters which was fine, except that quick glance of Ivette's that shot to Kaysar. Very telling.

So why is this? Does Ivette sterotype all Arabs or just Iraqis, and Kay is American, or does she does lump all Middle Eastern people together?

Did she have people or know people that died or were injured in 9/11? Might explain her strong attachment to Eric, who can be very vocal about gays himself but yet disagrees with the war.....

Sometimes, the answer is simple, Kaysar should just calmly ask her, but Ivette with 'do you understand what I am saying?" (talking to a 3 year old manner) probably won't listen.

Sometimes I wonder if Ivette knows someone that wasn't counted on 9/11 because they were illegal in this country and she is blaming the wrong people. Maybe, if she would close her mouth long enough she might find that not all Middle Easterns' share bin Laden's rantings. Nor do we think all Cubans share Fidel's. (Or GWB)

Ivette may call herself proud but hiding that you are lesbian says something different. Ivette may be likeable if she would quit tryin so hard to give people reasons to dislike her so much.

Guest Devoncroix

Shock:

You are so very incorrect, here is the definition for the N word

Make sure you note the bottom line which is what you are hearing in rap songs and movies as opposed to what you thought you were hearing... also you really should apologize for being so offensive (you knew you were offending people and yet you persisted) but I seriously doubt you will... people like you rarely do.

2 entries found for Ni**er.

nig

I'm sorry but I one could almost feel the hate and prejudice feelings from the first show (I do have the feeds and watch ALOT)mostly when Cappy gave his little speech about firefighters which was fine, except that quick glance of Ivette's that shot to Kaysar. Very telling.

Yeah, I noticed that too...

Shock:

You are so very incorrect, here is the definition for the N word

Make sure you note the bottom line which is what you are hearing in rap songs and movies as opposed to what you thought you were hearing... also you really should apologize for being so offensive (you knew you were offending people and yet you persisted) but I seriously doubt you will... people like you rarely do.

2 entries found for Ni**er.

nig

Guest Lilly
Ivette is a racist. No doubt about it. She has been for weeks

Her speaking about Kays race is horrible.

I could never imagine Kay speaking about Ivette as Ghetto girl and Barrio girl. 

That would be horrible as well and Kay would never do that.  :?:

Janelle has. They're cut from the same cloth. I don't understand why they aren't best fwends. Maybe after they watch the dvds? :wink:

Shockalot: Personally, I don't see anything racist in your questions, just intellectual curiosity, so I think it's presumptuous to assume you're looking for excuses to use the term.

I think your selection of quotes touch on another sub-debate within the African American culture. Bill Cosby made a similar argument to the one below, and many blacks consider him racist.

It would seem to me that it was used to describe certain 'types' of freed slaves.  Lazy and self-defeating freed slaves.

Ones who, in a sense are shaming or misusing their freedom and in effect betraying the not only the freed slaves but the thousands of white americans who died for their freedoms.

And your Chris Rock quote conflicts with what I'd heard about blacks calling other blacks the N-word, but your quote does in fact point out that the N-word is considered a huge insult.

To this day N's are the worst and most despised type of person to a black person.

Therefore, calling a 'Black person' a 'N' (Unjustly) is taken as a terrible offense.

I'm not following the logic of the following conclusion based on the rap quote - was that his rap, or was that somebody else's rap talking about him? Did 50Cent call somebody a N-word in this rap?

So these guys would be N'.

If Im using the word correctly its appropriate for me to call 50Cent a N.

I mean.. if he is not a N then who is?

All I can conclude is that anybody who chooses to use the N-word, even if they believe they're using it in an appropriate, socially-sanctioned manner, is bound to face some angry accusations of being a racist by people who believe its usage is never appropriate.

I'd also point out that you've quoted 3 of maybe 100 blacks in the US who have succeed in attaining fame and wealth through creative endeavors, one of whom states that calling somebody the n-word is a real insult. There's about 39,999,900 (the vast majority), who may see things differently from the other 2 and who largely don't have a voice in mainstream America. I would guess that if you were to visit rural Mississippi and try to use the N-word in an appropriate manner, both blacks and whites would run you out of town.

Guest Snarky
As far as your argument about how Kaysar calls her a "ghetto" girl, um, she calls herself that all the time!!!! She is actually very proud of it! So, how is that even remotely close to the things she is saying about Kaysar? Everything she touches becomes "ghetto." Such as "ghetto" toast, "ghetto" slide, "getto" this, and "ghetto" that. Basically, she is calling Kaysar, and every other middle-easterner a murderer. She is not referring to where he lives, like he is with her. Oh yeah, if Kaysar was going around himself and calling himself a terrorist bomber, what do you think would happen, hmmm? That right there proves the difference in the name-calling. The name calling that she uses refers to every middle eastern, not just Kaysar. What Kaysar calls her may be mean, but what she says is racist. There is a HUGE difference about where the term is coming from. If Kaysar was calling Ivette derogatory names like (something I will not even repeat)... that referred to her being Latin, and thus being demeaning to everyone of Latino nationality, I can guarantee there would be an approar of complaints, even from me. Or if him or anyone else was CONSTANTLY calling Beau the N word, thus referring to every african-american as the same, he would be GONE. I know this for a fact. 

Word. I don't think I could have said it better myself.

Guest chyron1
Shockalot: Personally, I don't see anything racist in your questions, just intellectual curiosity, so I think it's presumptuous to assume you're looking for excuses to use the term.

Genuiwine curiosity is one thing, but you need to look at the *sequence* of posts. Shockie used the *N* word even *after* he was told that it was offensive, and he joked about it. Real "research" is not done in a Big Brother chatroom, in my opinion that's just a bunch of bull. Google is your friend...start your research there. I think as do others, he enjoys using the word, and pushing buttons no matter who it offends, because ultimately, there's no consequence for his actions.

Guest Shockalot
Shockalot: Personally' date=' I don't see anything racist in your questions, just intellectual curiosity, so I think it's presumptuous to assume you're looking for excuses to use the term.

Genuiwine curiosity is one thing, but you need to look at the *sequence* of posts. Shockie used the *N* word even *after* he was told that it was offensive, and he joked about it. Real "research" is not done in a Big Brother chatroom, in my opinion that's just a bunch of bull. Google is your friend...start your research there. I think as do others, he enjoys using the word, and pushing buttons no matter who it offends, because ultimately, there's no consequence for his actions.[/quote']

Let me explain something to you now Chryon.

Im sick of you and your types imposing your contrived little self-serving morality on thsi and other boards.

You do not tell me what words I can and can not use.

And how 'Dare' something be discussed that you deem 'Offensive'?

Its called free conversation about life.

My hunch - you are not offended anyway, and you dont really care or believe in anyone else being offended.

Nope.

You main concern is that (in your mind) are jacking yourself off over the thought of a chance to 'Correct' a 'Bad Person' and then stand with glorious righteousness and guilt alleaving radiance flowing through you so all the others can see.

You think you are going to DEEM what should no longer be said and demand that all 'respect' that it has some Taboo utterance.

Really?

I just watched one of your most popular amercan comics saying the word 'N' no less than 30 times in a 20 minute span.

He is Black.

The audience was 99% Black.

He even called a few people in the audience 'N' and was met with approving applause.

So, Honestly - I do not believe you speak for America when you instruct me to stop using the word N (or face the consequences of your disapproval)

Anyway.

YOU keep taking this off topic not me.

I already tried to take all this back to Ivette but Nooo.. thats too hard for you. Cant miss an opportunity to look Righteous and 'Correct' can you.

[THANK YOU Samthecat for being at least ONE person on here to actually 'get' what I expected was self-explanatory. At least Bill Cosby understands me too lol!]

Guest chyron1

Let me explain something to you now Chryon.

Im sick of you and your types imposing your contrived little self-serving morality on thsi and other boards.

You do not tell me what words I can and can not use.

First I don't give a rat's behind about what you are sick of, you mentally deficient moron. You had YOUR opinion with your stupid posts, others had theirs. If you don't like what was said...tough. You think you can tell people what they can post now? Please nitwit. Nobody can tell you what words you can and cannot use, I said that in my last post you imbecile. You can say what you want without fear of consequence...remember that? You want to use the *N* word, go ahead. But just so you know, I am Black, and that word does indeed offend me, but now not quite as much coming out of the mouth, of a fool like you. I feel sorry for ignorant people like you, and will say a prayer for your dumbass tonight.

Guest Baby Boo

If you know that that word is so acceptable in the US then why don't you go to south east DC and start throwing it around. I am sure it will be 'met with approving applause', just as it was with Chris Rock. Where are you from btw?

Genuiwine curiosity is one thing, but you need to look at the *sequence* of posts.

Hey, what's happening to the quotage in this thread? And woah, woah, woah . . . what's happening with this thread?

Chyron1 - basically, I agree with your position that usage of the n-word is never appropriate, but your post about my post uses the logic that if I don't agree with your opinion that Shockalot is looking for excuses to use the words, then I must not have read the sequence of posts. That is a false conclusion, because I did in fact read the sequence of posts.

My larger point being that if your logic is faulty with me, you logic could also be faulty when it comes to others. I could say you were a little presumptuous when it came to judging me as lacking thoroughness, but I won't :)

Haven't you ever put your foot in your mouth when you were really just interested in finding out about a different culture?

Guest Baby Boo

I don't have a problem with people trying to learn things about other cultures but I do think it is odd that Shockalot is so dead set that it is appropriate to use the word just because some rappers and commedians use it.

Tazzi

Free speech is not yours to define if you don't wish to pay for feeds then fine it's been nice knowing you but don't speak for the group

Durango 763

what exactly are you saying as to other things shall we dress up in white with hoods and return to those days? Not sure you understand the Bill of Rights at all