BB9 Will it be back? CBS or Showtime?

LLMVT

I love having a satalite... My sister in law lives close enough that we share a satalite with her and we have Dishnetworks Americas top 250 with HBO and Cenimax and we only pay $ 52.99 a month each household, so our total bill is around $ 103.00 a month... We can add showtime for another $ 10.00 a month which we would gladly pay to get BB...

Wow Yana, I didn't know you could do that. I have Dish too and I love it. I had no idea they would let you share a dish. Pretty cool. :2thumbsup:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where in the world can you get basic cable for 13 dollars a mo.?? I live in the midwest, and with Computer, phone, and the television and showtime, 1 dvr box, I pay 150.00 a mo. It has never even when I only had basic cable been 13 dollars a mo, or even close. I think the lowest I paid was 48.00 a mo. I hate Time Warner with every fiber of my being!!!!!

Fatcat, one of my friends had very basic cable for $14 a month, but that only includes local channels, and something like MTV and only like four other basic cable channels. Basically it was just enough that they didn't need an outside antenna for their TV.

You should look into Dish Network Fatcat. I used to have Time Warner too and they are awful. Dish offers a LOT more for a LOT less IMO. We pay about what you pay, without a phone, we have all the channels, HD programming, and two dual tuner DVRs.

I think the only reason I have stayed with Time Warner is because I love my roadrunner, I use my cell phone more that my landline, and I watch tv of course, but I am going to look into something else come Nov when my contract is over. Time Warner does Suck bad. and I tell them how much every chance I get!!!!.lol

Sounds about right Fizz, cause I said 150 but it is closer to 158.00 so yes they are greedy bastards

That's why we kept our Time Warner too, but then I got so fed up I called Dish. We still have our road runner internet, but even paying $50 for that a month, our cable/internet bill is still right around $150. We finally canceled our land line because we never used it either, just the cell phones.

I think Dish offers land line phones and high speed now, but we haven't looked into that part.

I only have DVR on the bedroom tv, the important one,lol, it really is my entertainment between the cable and the internet. I said tho if I bought new car I would prolly have to cut down what I have with Time Warner. Thank God The car is paid for.

I've got the Dish Network, high definition package along with a DVR. They just added a bunch of new HD channels. There is no way I could go back to cable.

For some reason Big Brother isn't in HD though. Maybe they don't want us to see Julie Chen that clearly.

I have cable: two boxes (DVR), internet, 4 HBOs, Showtime, Cimamax, 7

Encore channels all for $133.00. It was a package deal that we got when

our cable company first offered internet. We don't have Time Warner.

We checked into Dish but my husband said our internet speed is alot faster

than the Sat-Dish internet speed. He's all about the speed. lol

I hope BBAD doesn't go On Demand only, because our cable co. doesn't

offer OD.

I've got the Dish Network, high definition package along with a DVR. They just added a bunch of new HD channels. There is no way I could go back to cable.

They're adding even more in the next month or so. My husband reads a message board that keeps up with all their updates, etc. I think they already have twice as many HD channels as Direct Tv and cable.

For some reason Big Brother isn't in HD though. Maybe they don't want us to see Julie Chen that clearly.

LMAO!!! Showtime probably didn't want to sacrifice their HD channel for BB. I wish they would.

I originally had Direct TV, then cable and now Dish. IMO Dish is so much better than both and their DVR is so much more reliable and user friendly.

I think it would be cool if Showtime got BB, with a 24 hour channel. But I would still like to see actual episodes with the DR sessions, etc.

LMAO!!! Showtime probably didn't want to sacrifice their HD channel for BB. I wish they would.

The regular CBS shows aren't in HD either. That's what annoys me. I could whine and say I spent all this money on an HDTV just to watch tv shows in HD , but I won it playing fantasy football, so I can't.

I wonder if we'll get it here in Canada? I would dish out the cash to see BB on TV 24/7!!! So many times I wished I could just snuggle up under the covers to watch it from my bed. Also, I think it's a fair assumption that things will get a lot more heated with it being in Showtimes' hands!

I will miss Julie Chen though... I wonder, will she still be on it or what? Maybe things won't be entirely different since their sister stations... like maybe we'll still get to see it 3 times a week on CBS and the only thing that will differ is that Showtimes' access to it will be changed from 3 hours a night, to that 24/7 option?

I wonder, will she still be on it or what? Maybe things won't be entirely different since their sister stations... like maybe we'll still get to see it 3 times a week on CBS and the only thing that will differ is that Showtimes' access to it will be changed from 3 hours a night, to that 24/7 option?

To me, this would be the perfect scenario. :animated_scratchchin:

Hello?

Is it just me or is this a good thing? It's obvious that an entire channel dedicated to Big Brother will provide greater access to the house for the casual viewers who can't afford to get the feeds or refuse to because of the lack of relative value. After all, a subscription to Showtime gives them more than Big Brother, it gives them access to a plethora of movies. It also allows us, the Big Brother fan, greater access to the show as we can now use our DVRs to record bits of it during the day while we are away at our jobs. As the kind of person who likes to do work on the computer while I watch TV and despise watching things on my computer, an all BB channel is a very welcome edition.

To our non-Showtime BB fans who say that they can't "afford" Showtime. Showtime is only roughly $10-$15 a month and BB is only 3 months long, surely you can part with $30-$45 per year. If you're in dire straits, find ways to cut costs to afford it. If that doesn't help, I apologize for your plight. However, if you have high speed internet, CBS.com is still available for you to watch it online.

I think that this shows the popularity of BB, it's fairly common knowledge that it takes a lot of red tape to set up a television network and CBS Networks (Parent company of Showtime) wouldn't do it for a show that they didn't value. A live television feed would make a ton more money than an internet feed because TV viewing is more feasible than internet viewing.

(Of course, if it's a seperate subscription network, you won't need Showtime AT ALL and it'll likely be a nominal fee to subscribe for 3 months, I'm guessing maybe $10 at the most for the BB channel. Of course, the BB channel could end up in Showtime's package with no extra charge)

EDIT- Can we get a source on this? I want to make sure that this isn't bunk.

Archived