BB9 Will it be back? CBS or Showtime?

LLMVT

Hello all,

Just a quick thought. I became a true fan of Big Brother this year because of the Showtime after dark.

1. Do you think that the Showtime after Dark will be back?

What's up with the accelerated commercial times now from when it started. On the first night it had 2 minutes of commercials every 30 minutes. Now its almost 3 minutes every twenty minutes. Is it doing that bad that showtime wanted more commercial time?

2. Do you think a 24 hour Big brother channel would work like it seems to have worked in england and europe?

3. Do you think Big Brother the show will be back next year?

It seems like the perfect summer filler and the production costs cannot be that high.

Any thoughts?

Lara

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think someone said Showtime is talking to CBS about buying the rights to the show.

The commercials are a pain, it's the same commercials over and over again.

Thank God for the mute button, that Californication song is so aggravating after 10 times an eve.

Other posters have said that maybe CBS will have BB on

Showtime only. I watch BBAD and it has gotten pretty

borring...but there's less HGs though. BBAD on the west

coast airs about three hours after the fact and if I read

the live feed up-dates here on Morty's I already know what's

going to happen on BBAD...I watch only if there's going to be

something interesting... I stayed up and watched the Jen and

Dick ciggie thing cos' I knew it was going to happen.

JMHO :pixiedust:

I too think the show will go to Showtime next year but I dunno about a 24/7 channel. I think they will still want the feeds so they can rake in more moolah as many of us already subscribe to Showtime & getting After Dark is really a freebee :grin2:

I think the ratings are way better than they thought they would be.

At the beginning, they were only doing 2 :30 promos every half hour. Now they are kamming 2 minutes of breaks every 20 minutes. That's a sign that there are eyeballs are there and they want to sell them on their other shows.

i too am on the west coast and i'm enjoying BBAD not as much as i was at first but it's the games fault not showtimes since there isn't as many people in the house the drama is less....

but yhea i watch the east coast feeds of BBAD (i get the 5 er whatever digital showtime channels and one is showtooeast coast and one is showtoo west coast) and the east coast showtoo BBAD comes on from 9-12 for me which is perfect i come home eat dinner do some stuff and then BBAD is on and i watch till midnight then goto bed it's perfect times for me

i acctually got showtime for BBAD i also get the live feeds but i havn't used them but once maybe to check out the end of an endurance comp.... BBAD is way better IMHO but yhea i got showtime for BB and then i saw these commercials for the showtime shows like weeds and brotherhood and califonication so i started watching them on the on demand channel and they are great (i already have HBO for thier original programs) showtime is way better then HBO now a days IMHO, i watch all the Weeds episodes now and started the new season which is a great show then i watched all of season one of brotherhood and can't wait for the new season now that show is great better then the last few seasons of the soppranos anyways and i started watching califonication and thats an awsome show too, and this week we'll start on season one of dexter which i hear is the best of the showtime shows so i've been saving it for last

so anyways i'm glad BB went to showtime cause i'm loving showtime more then hbo right now

Shady...I've only had Showtime for a few months...and I'm

going to watch Weeds...looks funny.

If BBAD continues I hope its on longer and not 12-3am for

us west-coasters....I don't have satalite...just cable.

I wish BBAD was live for me...

I hope it doesn't go to showtime....those cable packages are way too expensive to the pretty hefty cable bill I have already WITHOUT premium stations. I may just have to put some money aside and save up to subscribe to showtime next summer if I have to!!!

I love having a satalite... My sister in law lives close enough that we share a satalite with her and we have Dishnetworks Americas top 250 with HBO and Cenimax and we only pay $ 52.99 a month each household, so our total bill is around $ 103.00 a month... We can add showtime for another $ 10.00 a month which we would gladly pay to get BB...

Jack I agree completely with you on the Californication song! It's driving me bonkers. :wacko: I already had Showtime so it was so convenient to catch a few hours and it is better quality than my laptop. I hope they continue it, but have it be more than 3 hours and for the love of all the is BB make it go past midnight in the house.....tired of watching them eat haha!

I'm loving the BBAD, even if I can't stay up very often to watch it. I hope it comes back. I wish we could tune into the BB house at any time with Showtime onDemand, but I guess that would eliminate the need for us to buy the feeds.

I have to say I hate all the commercials, but I think I've been brainwashed into wanting to watch Weeds & Californication.

I'd be very upset, if they moved all of BB to Showtime2. I only have the very basic cable ($13 a month), and can't afford to upgrade to digital, muchless add any premium channels. My only access would be through the feeds (for which I split the cost with my other half).

Archived