Very Good Bb8 Article

Vuron00

Thanks for posting this. It covers why I have written off this season of BB as a departure from the game I have come to love. I think this new production team is too heavily invested in the storylines they have scripted, making the shows vastly different from the reality we see on the feeds. That along with their choice of church music for Jameka and a laugh track for Amber is just too obviously manipulative to make it enjoyable this year.

If they want to have more of a hand in the show I would much rather prefer they fashion the show like BBUK or BB Australia. That would be more fair to the contestants and respectful of the audience.

Good article, it's true and informative about the "realities" of the BB house and manipulative producers behind the scenes.

Julie Chen being called out as a "journalist" makes someone wonder does she really know what the hell is going on with a show she chooses to host.

I don't think this controversy will go away. My feeling is that after the show CBS and their producers will have many questions to answer.

Thanks for posting the article.

yup...manipulated (which we all realize) by handlers/producers as far as both editing hg's images for tv as well as "harassing" (Dustin's quote...not necessarily my choice of words) hg's in DR. Article really didn't shed any new light on BB that we haven't previously discussed here.

Future contestants should realize though that BB has an ulterior motive and is actually the 15th player in the game.

This is exactly the kind of exposure this season's BB should be getting. I hope more articles and reports are forthcoming. This season seems very different from the previous seasons, and this article begins to lay the foundation for confirming that.

I especially would be interested to hear what the houseguests have to say once they get out and are away from the producers. Of course, they may be restricted in what they talk about, but someone needs to at least ask them about what was really going on and see if they will open up and talk about it. I would especially like to hear Jen's story, and Eric's.

Thanks for posting the article, I found it very interesting and truthful. I think this new production team wants to make the game their own, instead of waiting to see what will transpire in the house. Unscripted drama on reality shows is much better than scripted, can we get back to basics please BB???

Not to bash Jen, but she never had a chance this season. Her season was over when she broke down while looking at her picture on the wall. Then, she just added to her problems by constantly telling everyone that she never applied for the show and didn't really care if she won. By the time she left, she was also name dropping more than Dick.

It's true that she probably didn't deserve everything that happened to her, but there is no way that she was innocent in the situation.

Now, I think she's getting exactly what she wanted... publicity.

While I found it to be an interesting article I am aslo reminding myself it is a T.V. Show which is trying to get ratings. It is a reality show, but reality show are never reality, so why should this one be any different. I was watching a commercial for the reality show about the kids left to run things on their own. Of course they will not technically be there on their own. There will adults there to make sure they don't get hurt and what not. You expect that, right? So why shouldn't BB be there to do the same. And if the show starts to get boring, I want to be entertained. People, stop taking this show so serious. I love it too, and get addicted every year, but do not get in an uproar when things are fixed or edited wrong. We all know the truth, especially when you watch live feeds.

People keep saying it is all for ratings, Dick that is. What was the highest rated season? I know a lot of people consider seasons 2 or 3 the best? Were they rated higher than this season? If so they didnt need some raving lunatic to be popular. What is lacking for me this season is game play, with the stupid AP, and manipulation from the DR we dont get to see much of that.

Talker,

Unfortunately, the best season doesn't always equal the highest rated season. We can't really determine what is the best season after after it's over and we get to see all the twist, turns, and jury decisions.

Drama and conflict are what cause ratings and that is definately what they are getting this year. Strategy wise, I'd say this has been a pretty boring season. If not for the drama, this season would be a total snooze fest.

It's obvious that the producers try to cast for this and try to manipulate the HGs to do things that will add to the drama.

Ratings are a bunch of malarkey anyway. Look at all the stupid sitcoms that keep being renewed thanks to the so called ratings. If those ratings are true then it just proves that some people will watch what ever mindless drivel the networks spoon feed them. ~Hey wait a minute. ~ Maybe those ratings are true. :animated_scratchchin:

Interesting read, but I kinda could not take it seriously after the first few paragraphs. A serious journalist would not go after Julie Chen like that regardless of what he/she thought of her. Many of the fans don;t like her, but for a supposed "journalist" to make a statement by calling her nothing more than a "cue card reader".....totally unprofessional.

Causes me to not take any other opinion they spout seriously.

Dep

Archived