David Alexander

11 hours ago, carmen said:

Wow. David is starting to shine in some bizarre way.

Not sure how he has become so perceptive, but I could genuinely start to root for him. He's not nearly as pathetic as I originally thought.

My only thing is why couldn't he have had this awakening before Janelle and Kaysar were evicted?  Those 3 with Day and Bay and possibly Kevin could have had at least a fighting chance to take on the pre-game alliance (or the Core).

AMEN!!   You are so right and on point with how I feel.

This would be a good HOH for David to win. It would keep the small side of the house safe (himself, Day and Kevin), he wouldn’t have to use his power, and finally some big targets would go up, like Memphis and Xmas. It would also finally prove to Day that he is an ally and not someone she should be fighting with.

It would also be interesting to see if it would flush out Xmas’ power, which I think allows her to block an HOH nominee. 

I’m glad David kept his power hidden from everyone, then used it to save himself. Very smoothly done.

What I don’t get is his rookie mistake of lying about winning it. Why lie? Telling the truth actually gets you points in the game because it shows you won a competition. Also, he’s not a savvy enough player or a good enough liar to pull it off that someone else used the power on him. I saw some of the interaction live on the feeds and it was just so obvious he was just lying. Now he’s in a horrible position because he either has to admit he lied (which is a bad idea in BB) or keep up the lie for the rest of his game.

Memphis who hates David, made a point last night of saying he’s going to keep after him until he admits the truth. This has the potential to get ugly.

Too bad David didn’t just admit he won the power and used it on himself. Unless he somehow pulls a rabbit out of a hat and wins HOH next week, he’s going home.

11 minutes ago, Keepittogether said:

Too bad David didn’t just admit he won the power and used it on himself. Unless he somehow pulls a rabbit out of a hat and wins HOH next week, he’s going home.

Too bad David didn't act totally relieved and then throw a little subtle "thanks man, I owe ya" to Memphis right after the ceremony. Start some crap. What does he have to lose? Play the game. :D

2 hours ago, WOC said:

Too bad David didn't act totally relieved and then throw a little subtle "thanks man, I owe ya" to Memphis right after the ceremony. Start some crap. What does he have to lose? Play the game. :D

Hahaha! Oh, that would have been so great if David had tried to pin it on Memphis. David has gotten better at this game in a very short amount of time, but I don't think he's quite to that level yet . . . but who knows? I've seen some pretty surprising things out of him.

Bottom line, though. Someone needs to start going after Memphis. His free ride should have ended already.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, WOC said:

I think it would be fitting if David won BB this season. It would be the perfect ending to this crap season. I actually felt sorry for him while watching last night's episode. He is definitely the worst player so only fitting that he would win.

Hahaha. Yes I so agree with you. It would truly be a fitting end to this horrible train wreck of a season. David / Kevin / Day are really the only hope I have for a positive ending, but it being David would be the best.

David has a good opportunity to separate himself from Day now that she’s going home, even though he tried repeatedly to work with her. Several of the guys are trying to work with David now and even Xmas is. He has an opportunity to make it further in the game if he lays low this week, plays a good social game with the boys and doesn’t get involved in any mess.

He’s a good person to take to the end because a lot of people in jury won’t want to vote for a rookie.

2 hours ago, Keepittogether said:

He’s a good person to take to the end because a lot of people in jury won’t want to vote for a rookie.

I really like this way of thinking, but I would also like to see it backfire. I hope the jury is the most pissed off jury in the history of BB b/c of the pre-game alliance and the way in which the people of color were so marginalized (including Kaysar, who tried to tell the others what was going on). I hope it backfires and they disregard whichever of the privileged in-crowd might be sitting next to David (thinking he is a goat) and SURPRISE the jury for once awards the goat and gives the finger to the privileged.

On 9/21/2020 at 10:22 PM, Keepittogether said:

I think that some people are starting to realize this.

On 9/22/2020 at 12:32 AM, carmen said:

SURPRISE the jury for once awards the goat and gives the finger to the privileged.

That would be hilarious! 

David is in a decent spot right now. He’s got the backing of several of the guys (Cody/Enzo), because they don’t think anyone would vote for a rookie to win, so he’s a decent person to take to the end. Cody even said to Enzo last night that he doesn’t want David to go home this week and that if Kevin wins veto, he’s going to put up Xmas and vote her out. If David wins HOH on Thursday, it’s a perfect time to get some of the committee out of the game. I hope that Kevin stays for a while, so David has an ally, but either way he should be able to make it through the triple eviction.

22 hours ago, AirGumby said:

Win something or stop whining, 

Right. 3 types of players make it to the end of BB. 1. Competitors who win a lot. 2. Social gamers who are not great at comps but great at social game. 3. The pawn who is not really good at anything but they show loyalty to a strong set of players and ride that wave to the final 3 or 4. 

David is none of the above. I really want to see him make it far but he has got to win comps. He has a painfully awkward personality. People have tried to talk game with him and feel him out and he is so awkward and he comes off as sketchy. So this is make it or break it point for David. I think he will make it this week again and if he dies not win he is just going to have to go. 

Dear David,

Why for the love of all of the things did you not act/talk to the other houseguests the way you spoke to Julie tonight?!? I am truly sad. You were likable, relatable, and vocal! I know it is hard being in the house. Please go home and watch the show. Come back to BB another season and act like the David we all saw with Julie. And WIN! 

Thank you, 

brealz 

39 minutes ago, WOC said:

The smartest move he made all season was taking the $10,000.

I agree 1000%. I think David knew it was a lock for the pre-game alliance and that he and others on the outside never had a chance.

I'll be curious to see if on finale night how much leeway the outsiders of the pre-game alliance will be able to freely discuss how this year was rigged, or if CBS will muffle them in advance and tell them they won't get their stipend if they mention it.

Rigged, yes, with the pre-game alliance, but now I'm beginning to question if they agreed to split the prize at the end since they don't seem to care who ends up "winning," as long as it's the core alliance. Strange.

1 hour ago, carmen said:

I agree 1000%. I think David knew it was a lock for the pre-game alliance and that he and others on the outside never had a chance.

I'll be curious to see if on finale night how much leeway the outsiders of the pre-game alliance will be able to freely discuss how this year was rigged, or if CBS will muffle them in advance and tell them they won't get their stipend if they mention it.

Rigged, yes, with the pre-game alliance, but now I'm beginning to question if they agreed to split the prize at the end since they don't seem to care who ends up "winning," as long as it's the core alliance. Strange.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I feel that Ian got that 52k to keep his mouth shut.

14 hours ago, carmen said:

Interesting concept.  That would be crazy if that is true.