Casting and Auditioning

Jem

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Connect4

I spoke this morning with my friend who was a Semi-Finalist in the Memphis region and informed him that the pics/profiles were up on CBS.com of who had made the show.

His first reaction was surprise that it was 14 and not 12, which he had been told was going to be the cast size during his hotel interview. That makes me wonder if there's going to be a snap-judgement instant elimination of two (a la Survivor), or if they just changed their mind and decided to have extra houseguests.

Right after that, he told me that the cast was "much different" than he had expected. He said he felt "insulted" to have been left out over the guys they chose. He then asked where the people from the Memphis regional were. I reminded him that they had a pool of 50 people (at least that's what he had been told) for Finalists, and that it's possible that whomever went from Memphis simply hadn't made the cut for the show.

"The girls are pretty good looking, but not what I expected," he added. I reminded him that this was Big Brother, not Models, Inc.

He spotted Beau's picture (with the shirt collar turned up) and said, "I bet he's the gay guy," (not that there's anything wrong with that), since we had theorized that there would be at least one gay man on the show. I noted to him that Beau is a personal shopper, that he lists chick flicks among his favorite movies, and that his favorite alcoholic drinks are sweet martinis like apple or coconut, which made me think that he was on the money with his guess. Of course, with this being Big Brother, this could be a ruse, and Beau could be straight (you know, to throw everyone for a loop for judging on stereotypes). Note that I'm not judging anyone: we were just trying to guess who was in which "slot" (we theorized that there are certain slots on the show that they try to fill: the "old guy", the "gay guy", the "muscle heads", the "nice guys", etc.). Interesting though that there is no "old guy" this year, though in general the cast seemed to skew a little older, though maybe that's just perception vs. reality.

And to Curt GoBang, who questioned my legitimacy in an earlier thread: I assure you I'm telling the truth.

Note that I'm not judging anyone: we were just trying to guess who was in which "slot" (we theorized that there are certain slots on the show that they try to fill: the "old guy", the "gay guy", the "muscle heads", the "nice guys", etc.).  Interesting though that there is no "old guy" this year, though in general the cast seemed to skew a little older, though maybe that's just perception vs. reality.

If you think this cast seems to skew a little older then you have to be in you teens... I mean come on... The OLDEST is only 38...

If you think this cast seems to skew a little older then you have to be in you teens... I mean come on... The OLDEST is only 38...

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl I love it!!

Well, even my 21 year old son commented on how YOUNG this cast was... I didn't mean to sound mean in that post it just struck me funny that they had commented that the cast skewed a little older...

Guest Connect4

C'mon, I mean in comparison with past BB casts... Believe me, I'm well-aware that this is not a cross-section of the population age-wise (or in any way), but relative to the mean age of past BB casts, I get the impression that this cast might be a little older. Maybe I'm wrong. But believe me, in no way am I saying that these are "old people". Far from it.

A 50-and-older Big Brother would be entertaining with the right cast. Certainly a higher level of crankiness would add to more tension and angst and drama.

C'mon, I mean in comparison with past BB casts... Believe me, I'm well-aware that this is not a cross-section of the population age-wise (or in any way), but relative to the mean age of past BB casts, I get the impression that this cast might be a little older. Maybe I'm wrong. But believe me, in no way am I saying that these are "old people". Far from it.

A 50-and-older Big Brother would be entertaining with the right cast. Certainly a higher level of crankiness would add to more tension and angst and drama.

All I have to say about that is you are the only two that have that feeling... This cast isn't even close... Just last year the avareage age was far from what it is now toward the OLDER side... The twins were in their 30's, Marvin, Mike, and Karen were all "older" mind you that I don't feel being in your mid to late 30's is older or even in your 40's but you get my drift... This is the youngest group so far... and the rest were in their mid to late 20's with Nak being the exception...

Guest Connect4
All I have to say about that is you are the only two that have that feeling... This cast isn't even close... Just last year the avareage age was far from what it is now toward the OLDER side... The twins were in their 30's, Marvin, Mike, and Karen were all "older" mind you that I don't feel being in your mid to late 30's is older or even in your 40's but you get my drift... This is the youngest group so far... and the rest were in their mid to late 20's with Nak being the exception...

Yana: I think Mo was laughing at me and agreeing with you. Maybe my snap analysis was wrong. It wouldn't be the first time I made an error.

First let me say that I got the age of the oldest player this year wrong... He's 36 not 38...

Now just for fun I went back and did some stat's from season 2 through 6... I didn't do season 1 cause I couldn't find anything on it... Here is a break down and the average ages each season... You will see that each year the cast has gotton younger and younger...

BB 2

Autumn- 28

Bunky- 36

Hardy- 31

Justin- 26

Ken- 46

Krista- 28

Mike- 30

Monica- 40

Nicole- 31

Shannon- 29

Sheryl- 43

Will- 28 Average age 33

BB3

Amy- 23

Chiara- 25

Danielle- 30

Eric- 27

Gerry- 51

Jason- 25

Josh- 28

Lisa- 26

Lori- 37

Marcellas- 34

Roddy- 30

Tonya- 35 Average age 30.91

BB4

Alison- 22

Amanda- 25

Dana- 28

David- 21

Erika- 33

Jack- 58

Jee- 23

Jun- 27

Juston- 22

Michelle- 19

Nathan- 23

Robert- 33

Scott- 33 Average age 28.23

BB5

Adria- 30

Natalie- 30

Diane- 22

Drew- 22

Holly- 27

Jase- 28

Jennifer- 21

Karen- 30

Lori- 26

Marvin- 36

Michael- 23

Mike- 41

Scott- 25

Will- 26 Average age 27.64

BB 6

April- 30

Ashlea- 22

Beau- 25

Eric- 36

Howie- 34

Ivette- 25

James- 29

Janeele- 25

Jennifer- 27

Kaysar- 24

Maggie- 26

Michael- 28

Rachel- 33

Sarah- 22 Average age 27.57

The average age of a BB house guest is 29.85

There wasn't as big a difference as I thought between this year and last year, but you can see this is still the youngest by average... The oldest cast member so far was Jack at 58 and the youngest was Michelle at 19 and they were on the same season BB4... I just thought it was interesting to see these stats... :D

They have a teensomething twentysomething show already......... it's calls REAL WORLD........ the only thing is they don't get voted off. They just nag, get drunk and start fights the whole show. Give me the 25+ crowd any day to watch for bb6. :lol:

Guest Connect4

Wow, you were right Yana -- I stand corrected. Thanks for taking the time to go back through the past casts. Perhaps I had last years final three (Drew, Diane, Cowboy) stuck in my head and that threw off my thinking.

As for the crankiness comment, I'd hoped you all would know what I meant about "if they cast it right". You could easily get an older cast with very little crankiness. But if you pick the right people... (i.e. intentionally go for a "cranky old man" type, or a whip-smart senior citizen woman who criticizes everyone) and you could have total war. I think it'd be great.

Wow, you were right Yana -- I stand corrected.  Thanks for taking the time to go back through the past casts.  Perhaps I had last years final three (Drew, Diane, Cowboy) stuck in my head and that threw off my thinking.

As for the crankiness comment, I'd hoped you all would know what I meant about "if they cast it right".  You could easily get an older cast with very little crankiness.  But if you pick the right people... (i.e. intentionally go for a "cranky old man" type, or a whip-smart senior citizen woman who criticizes everyone) and you could have total war.  I think it'd be great.

I just wanted to let you know that I didn't do this to prove anything... :D it's just that our converstation got me thinking about the past years and I thought I would do it just to see what the average age was and then I added the average age of a BB contestant at the end... I got what you were saying about the crankiness too... I thought that was a funny idea... I think it would also be funny to put a cranky older person in there with youger folks doing the things the older person hates... Of course that means that the older person would go very quickly... :lol:

Also noticed that Yana's averages have come down every single year since BB started. :twisted: Before you know we'll be watching Houseguests roll into the studio on a school bus. :wink:

And, I'm with whoever was talking about BB turning into MTV's "Real World"... let's hope the producer's come to their senses by next year!!!

Guest ranster627

I was just thinking that maybe as the Producers age they need younger helpers to get their Geritol?

Guest jwells131313

These are my first impressions of the houseguest, written while watching the videos at http://www.welovebigbrother.com/videos/806.htm. These are one phrase or sentence impressions, and are obviously subject to complete and total revision... LOL

April - Will we be laughing "with" her or "at" her?

Ashlea - Life of the party

Beau - Marcellus, look out

Eric - Already has "strategical" goals

Howie - I'm putting his chances at (leaving 100 : winning 1), not 1:1

Ivette - Gone week one or two. Mouth too big

James - Outing party will be BB6 highlight

Janelle - Two words: sex pot

Jennifer - Dancer. I'm sure she has a personality too

Kaysar - A muslim in the house is already a nice twist

Maggie - Actually made sense in her interview

Michael - Competing with Evette for week one eviction

Rachel - Neat Freak