General Discussion

SHMAG

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else think this season is off to a sucky start? All the hype was "the biggest twist ever" and "the most diverse household ever." All the guys are buffed eyecandy right out of central casting - not a Cowboy, a Jee or a Jack to be found. As for the girls well let's put it this way - there's a new silicon valley and it's in the Big Bro 6 house. And the so called big twist??? It was a crock last year with Natalie/Adria so why on earth would they do something like that again? I never thought I'd say this, but I miss Jase - I hated him but at least he held my interest. :twisted: :evil: :x

All the wee lil Barbie & Ken dolls are proof they're human cloning! :twisted:

Ne'er fear...there'll be plenty o folks tae be disliking soon and I'm thinkin James might keep things interestin given a chance......

Guest baileyboo

i thought it was kind of weird that julie just told us about it and then like it was dropped. nothing else was ever said about it or anything. It was just about the challenge and stuff but I was like sooo excited about the twist but she said it at the very beginning and then no one ever brought it up at all throughout the episode. I dont know thats just me though

Guest Ms Alucard

I agree! Where is the diversity! They are all fairly young, mostly attractive. Where are the homely , weird, quirky, overweight, or older people? I like to see a strange mix of people in the house! :x

Guest baileyboo

OOOOOO :shock: maybe since this twist wasnt....uh....how to put this...? hmmm....good...theyll bring in other ppl who are diff! tht would be kind of good...man next season thats what they should do they should like split them up into teams and then whoever loses gets replaced...that would be cool...okay those are just my thoughts...

Guest ranster627
I agree! Where is the diversity! They are all fairly young, mostly attractive. Where are the homely , weird, quirky, overweight,  or older people? I like to see a strange mix of people in the house!  :x
I'm right here, your friendly moderator! :wink:

I agree! Where is the diversity! They are all fairly young, mostly attractive. Where are the homely , weird, quirky, overweight,  or older people? I like to see a strange mix of people in the house!  :x

Exactly why I never bothered filling out that 10 pg application

Was watching the on demand vid clips and you know I wonder why it seems men will do stupid things while on tv (don't take that wrong men - I don't mean all of you). I mean manly makeovers? I can't believe Howie is letting the females put make up all over him and he isn't even batting an eye. LOL

Some things baffle my mind.

They're probably bored. The cast can't really talk much about themselves because they might give up the pair thing and a bundle of cash. With all the cast members being so similar, they really don't have anything to immediately pique their curiosity either. Last year, the stuff they asked Nakomis led to all sorts of conversations. The season before, the exes walking in made for plenty of drama. Between the twist and the Me-harmony cast, that doesn't leave much to talk about which is probably why they're talking about farts and resorting to the make-over stuff that usually happens later in the season after we've gotten to know the contestants better. Remember Michelle in the lettuce??? :shock:

Guest Stranger

:shock: Well this group looks pretty dull so far. Even with the new house and secret partners Im not expecting the show be all that good. But we'll see.

Guest Shockalot

Im with DietOkeGirl on this one.

I expected another BB5 but since watching the live feeds yesterday (last night) Im starting to believe this might be one of the most interesting group ever seen together.

Howie, Beau, Kaysar and Janelle are a lot more complex, clever and multi-dimensional than I would have expected.

[still getting to know others]

Michael is possibly even more obnoxious and irritating as Scott Long from BB5 (and that is saying something!) but Micheal is actually talented and knowledgable (how he abuses it is another story).

April is probably as diabolical as Alison Irwin or Jun Song - but - more intelligent and has more reasoning and cunning than that thug Alison did.

Ok.. some of them are more 'WallFlowers' too.. Im still waiting to see intriguing character from some of the pretty in a plain way brunettes. (is there 3 or 4 so far)

believe me .. I never thought I would be saying this based on BB5 and the first impressions of this cast - but - yes, they are becoming VERY interesting!

You know shock .. I was thinking about it .. and this group seems really compeitive right from the start. Watching the feeds you hear them talking about past seasons .. and it seems really clearly that many of the houseguests are actual fans of the show, know how it's played and are there to win. They don't seem to be there just for fame or to forward their acting/modeling ambitions.

I am wondering if maybe CBS didn't tell us the truth when they said these were the most dynamic and diverse house guests they've ever had .. (here's hoping!!!)

I find myself really like Kaysar and not just cause he's iraqui .. I want him to stay on the show for himself. Because he seems like such a sweet guy. April is deffinately getting on my nerves. :)

Guest Shockalot

Last year it was obvious Big Brother tried to go for people who were not familiar with the show or how to play.

Well.. I remember watching the first day on live feed and half of them browsed through the Season DVDs that CBS gave them.

Otherwise they only had the gyst of it.

Then Mike was the only one who actually knew the game so he answered most of their questions like "What is a POV again?" or "So do we vote every week?"

They then deemed Mike 'The Don' and were freaked out by how dangerous he would be lol.

Yes, this group seemed to have pre-planned, studied and in some cases already have fairly involved 'strategies' right away.

So far I like what Im seeing as far as actual working intentions and manipulations.

Laverne (April) was in overdrive instructing Shirley (Jennifer) on every minute detail of her complex plan for them, last night lol!

Im surprised Im saying this but so far Im finding Janelle very intriguing and surprisingly likable.

Still havent been following Ivette at all.. dont know her deal.

Beau is very intriguing to me.. he is NOT a Marcellus Jr. not very flamboyant and conflicted about his homosexuality and if he should recover from it one day.

Thats interesting!

I really enjoy Kaysar because he is the morality in the group, kinda like an 'observer' of sort - but - I think Kaysar is also being surprised and learning too.. Last night he was genuinely surprised and impressed with both Howie and Beau and you could see it wasnt what he expected.

sorry rambling.. it been an alnighter lol

Going tae need tae watch a few more shows on TV before my decision.Afraid my BB enthusiasm's waning a wee bit this year.Even wi' live feeds which still incidentally look 90% of the time,underwater. :roll:

Guest Shockalot
Going tae need tae watch a few more shows on TV before my decision.Afraid my BB enthusiasm's waning a wee bit this year.Even wi' live feeds which still incidentally look 90% of the time,underwater. :roll:

Whit you aw aboot? Geisachance TXn, ya cannie yet say 'Ahthink wuvhud wursummur anbe boltin till the morra....

Heh. thats my best worst attempts as Glaswegian for ya lol ;)

Honestly I have no idea what those people are saying.

At least in Inverness we spoke the kings english (well by highlander standards anyway lol)

In Canadian english - What? Give us a chance TXn, you cant be saying 'Summer is over' and leaving already.

heh.. I know what you are saying though because last year I was the same way with BB5. I barely got into the live feeds. This year i was expecting the same feeling.

even after the first 4-5 hours of casual feed patrols I was still lacking the full interest...

Keep an eye on those feeds because Im happy to report once you start getting into this group... its got potential to be one of the best yet.

I agree with you Shock that this group is very competitive. Many of them seem to have done their homework. I don't think they watched the show as fans because their comments are focused more on strategies rather than personalities of previous hgs.

BTW - Thanks Shock for you thorough and insightful comments here and on the live thread feed. It helps me get caught up and got me thinking there is more to Howie than meets the eye.

Guest ranster627

I too am starting to get a more balanced view of Howie ... I just hope he can shake off the image he seems to have of being the "House Joke" ...

Hey everyone, I'm a new member but have been on this site the past 3 summers watching all you guys comment....and I JUST found out the news my friend is going to be on Big Brother coming up July 7.  I can't reveal the name, since he or she isn't even suppose to tell anyone.  I'm a huge fan of BB, and love this site....now I'll have to talk to u guys now!  I just cant freakin believe I will now know someone in the house (yeah, im a dork).  Well, talk to you later.. 8)  

Ryan

I won't be at my computer much today, but I wanted to let you all know that TheMyxter came through for us and I can confirm his claims.

I can't find the orignal thread this was on. Have we found out yet who this posters friend on the inside is? :D

Pairs so far that are confirmed via the feeds:

April and Jennifer

Michael and Kayser

Ashlea and Janelle

Maggie and Eric

James and Sarah

Which only leaves

Ivette and Beau

Guest ranster627
Pairs so far that are confirmed via the feeds:

April and Jennifer

Michael and Kayser

Ashlea and Janelle

Maggie and Eric

James and Sarah

Which only leaves

Ivette and Beau

confirmed by?

Yesterday those couples were all seen talking stratagey with one another, talking off by themselves, and trying to figure out who the other pairs were .. april and jennifer were talking last night, at the picture wall .. april was giving her advice who to talk to, who not to -- maggie and eric were observed talking today -- maggie says she never says anything bad about jennifer to april, and eric says he never says anything bad about sarah to james.

Etc.

If you want to weed through all the feed post yourself you can .. I just wanted to post it all here in one place for everybody.

In previous post forgot to mention howie and rachel. I do not believe they have been confirmed but the consensus seems to be they are a couple based off the first show.

I too am starting to get a more balanced view of Howie ... I just hope he can shake off the image he seems to have of being the "House Joke" ...

My only issue with Howie is his constant sex talk. It gets rather graphic, and kinda gross.

Archived