House guest moved in date 7/3

gutz

I have a question. Not sure if I am doing this in the right place so to the mods if you need to remove it I understand. I just read that the house guests will be moving in tomorrow. I've been watching the show for years but know little about the preseason. Is it normal for them to move in 5 days before the show starts. How does that affect the live feeds? Won't we be missing some of the most important stuff...like them getting to know each other.? Thanks

This happens every year. They're in the house for several days before we get to watch them on the live feeds. We've complained about it for years but TPTB could care less, lol

Once the feeds are turned on Thursday night the HG are already familiar with one another and just going about their day. It takes awhile for us to catch up but we get there eventually.

Yup, thats how it always is... lots of plotting in that first week, that we don't get on the feeds... they usually edit it into episodes in the early days so we see some of it on the show but thats about it.....

It also gives the production team time to iron out any technical difficulties, and for the houseguests to get all their questions answered. They're supposed to get accustomed to wearing a microphone all the time and changing their batteries, but usually they're still forgetting halfway through the season.

In the past, the feeds have always gone 'live' at least a couple of days before the show starts. We don't see anything on them, its always just the stock 'cut away' FoTH footage and theme music that we get during the season. BUT.. every once in a very long time, there might be a glitch. I remember before Big Brother All Stars- the mics actually went live for 20 seconds or so, and we were able to determine at least some of the people in the house before the show started, because we could hear them talking. I've also seen things like a production person cleaning out the fishtank when the cutaway footage was the inside of the fishtank a few seasons back. Little things like that were always fun to watch for.. but now with this new web interface, it don't look like we can see anything until Thursday. :(

In case that made no sense, this is the footage I'm talking about:

In past seasons, they would usually put that up on the live feeds about the time the houseguests moved in, the weekend before the show started. Die hard fans like me would let that run in the background, and sometimes we'd see a hand come down to clean the tank, lol. Or that one time when the mic went live.. I remember that was a HUGE deal. I'm really hoping they'll turn on the feeds before Thursday night..

They probably went in late morning, I'd guess. Maybe earlier.. although actually, now that I think about it.. when they record them standing on the steps and going inside in groups, am I remembering that its usually at night?

I agree... would even be happy to watch the fish at this point !! BB should do it and monitor the boards to find out if we can see anything beyond the fish.. lol

Wouldn't matter if they turn the fish cam on or not. The tank is in the "cabana" room this year. So we wouldn't see anything.

I don't care - I just want to see what the theme music sounds like this year, not to mention getting a chance to see how the new live feed format works before the feeds actually go live.

Archived