Renny - Week 3

CeCiMom

I think so too UPv

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't like her at all at the beginning - just her persona and voice grated on me. I"m not sure if I'm a fan but irritation factor is gone and she's growing on me a little.

I have really grown to love Renny... Watching her I see a lot of old southern charm...I know with us in my family, for generations we have been taught the proper way to treat someone in our homes, and after all, right now that is Renny's home... I'm not saying that Renny is in anyway acting self-entitled or anything, just that she is living in that house, so for now, it's her home... Part of what we are taught is that you NEVER let someone leave your home, or if they are going to be overnight guest's go to bed, without making sure they have ate... I think that's why Renny doesn't mind cooking and making sure everything is just right for who's she's cooking it for... I do that, because that's what I was taught, my Mom does it because it's what she was taught, and my Grandmother did it because that's what she was taught, and so on... It's just part of what is called southern hospitality...

Plus, being the oldest female there, I am sure the mothering instinct is coming out in her... I think as a southern woman, and being a mother to boot, she's just a natural caretaker, and I am sure she in fact enjoys is... I know I do when I have company, and I have to say that my husband is spoiled... He never gets his own drinks, or makes his own food, or for that matter his plate... I do it all for him, it's part of how I am... I love to take care of people, especially people I love... My son is the same way when he's in my house, he reverts to his spoiled rotten ways, and his wife fusses at him, but then she gets the same treatment, and she fusses at me, but she's stopped now, cause she knows it's part of who I am, and if I can't do it, it drives me up the wall...

I am sure Renny is partly the same way... I have really come to not only like her a lot, but to relate to her too...

I think if I'd been in the house I'd be doing the cookin too...outta boredom...

Me too...it might the only way to pass away the time.

I just think the hgs take it for granted and should cook for her one night.

They'll never evict her. Was it her dish or Angie's dish that they ate tonight and all enjoyed.

Renny also made a zucchini dish and home made gravy for the chicken. April opened two cans of corn to go with and made cookies.

Have you ever made the corn flake chicken that Angie made. My mom use to make it all the time and it is so good.

Great post, Yana, and so true. Also Renny really exemplifies the "modern" Southern woman who usually works in a career outside the home but still sees to all her guests' needs. Do any of these HGs ever thank her for her cooking? Renny is too much of a lady to notice rudeness in others. She's above such things! If Renny doesn't win, I hope the viewing audience will be allowed to vote a bonus for their favorite HG....I'm voting for Renny!!!

When the season started Angie was doing a lot of cooking and the mean girls said Angie was taking over the kitchen so she said F them and backed off from the kitchen.

California people aren't nice ~ just ask Keehsa she said so today. :angry:

What was a mistake? When she was doing all the cooking or when she backed off from the cooking?

Both which denotes her anti-social attitude. Angie has had zero enthusiam for the game since day one.

Archived