Sexual Harrassment Controversy

karenGa

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Depeche221, I agree with your comments about sexual harassment occurring in the 'workplace,' and after watching last night's show, I think Eric thinks that the BB house is a workplace and that he's the boss. The way that

1. he was ordering everyone around about how they should come to his HoH room & talk

2. Telling Janelle to get out of the way and he was taking over eating the sardine sandwiches

3. Giving the HGs his "pep talk" about how to ration all the food for the week

4. His other "pep talk" about we play as a team, we lose as a team.

Who does he think he is? He is not at work! Is that how he runs his household?

Oh dont forget he said win as a team lose as a team but then took all the credit and downs Micheal for not eating as much as him.Thats not a team win lose IMO

I think I also heard Eric say that he saw Michale and Janelle step up so he knew he had to.

Then to say mike didn't do his part with the sardines - well heck the man just downed a tuna malt shake. Those things without the tuna are thick - I can't imagine downing any type of shake and then eating more after that.

Good thing I am not on the show hehehe

Guest MJayDaPlaya

It was Sarah or Jenny who told the other girls and Eric that Michael tried to stick his toe up her shorts, did this really happen or not? But we do know that when Jenny and Mike were talking in the gold room everything was fine between them, but the second Mike left the room Jenny started crying on Eric's shoulder. Jenny is such a bitch everything is ok between her and Mike but to get herself further in the game and from pressure her partner she is lying and selling Mike up the creek that pisses me off.

Guest PrincessSchroeder

Well let me say that I was watching during this and heard the convo. First of all no one here or other wise said that his toe was inside her pants.....they said it touched her crotch. He rubbed his foot on her leg and put his foot on her crotch. He laughed when she asked him to stop. So it doesnt matter what kind of pants she had on....it wasnt IN her pants.

Another thing....Mike is now saying that Sarah purposfully put her crotch on his foot. So obviously...no matter who is at fault...the foot touched her crotch. Him and Janelle were laughing about it.

The incident was wrong...thats all there is to it..

What I'm wondering is if Sarah didn't want to take a chance that this could even be possible why was her crotch near his foot to begin with???????

I mean seriously, its a big room. What, they couldn't hear eachother more than a crotch and a foot apart??

I don't know what happened other than they were in the hot tub... Sorry I couldn't be more help... Didn't want you to think you were being ignored...

Her crotch is a magnetic positive end and his toe is obviously a magnetic negative end.......thus forcing the two to come into contact. Sarah, adding more to a story that she wasnt originally a part of in the Eric-Loompa alliance.

(i need a barfin' smiley to put here)

Her crotch is a magnetic positive end and his toe is obviously a magnetic negative end.......thus forcing the two to come into contact. Sarah, adding more to a story that she wasnt originally a part of in the Eric-Loompa alliance.

(i need a barfin' smiley to put here)

Eric-Loompa alliance I love it That is my new name for them (If it is okay with you)

Okay Night all Im tired And sick i thinking of the Eric loompa alliance. LOL

Guest DraftKing

I saw it on the feed when it happened. The topic of real vs. fake breasts came up and how real breasts are softer. Jenn was insisting hers were real, and that gave a buzzed Eric his opening to ask if he could feel Jenn's breasts.

Jenn didn't say anything, but she immediately moved away from Eric and over to the other side of the hot tub.

Of course, this issue was never brought up, and I don't believe Michael is even aware of it. Jenn appeared to me to be uncomfortable, though I haven't heard her mention it to anyone else in the house.

I've read on a couple of posts that the geek squad discovered Jen lied about Michael hitting the wall while Jen was in the bathroom. Does anyone know the deal? Did he hit the wall? Was Jen only lying to stir the pot? If it's a lie, why is the Eric & the fight club still dogging Michael so badly? I mean with Eric being such a stand up man and all. :roll: (probably just because they can, I know.) thx! :D

If this ? has already been posted elsewhere, I apologize. and where?

From what I heard Jenny told them that she never said that Mike upset her that she was never asked and everyone just assumed... And that she never said he hit the wall... The cult is the one's saying she lied about it... I did not hear her say that she was upset due to Mike or that he hit the wall... I think they are still trash talking him because they can't admit that they were wrong to say all the nasty things they have and it's just easier to keep bashing him...

If it's a lie, why is the Eric & the fight club still dogging Michael so badly?  I mean with Eric being such a stand up man and all.

I think it's because Eric was using the Jen/Michael sexual harrassment and punching the wall stuff as a cover for wanting Michael out. I believe Eric is extremely threatened by Michael. It's not even an Alpha Male thing...it's a mean little man with a napoleon complex playing dirty to eliminate an infinitely more interesting, well-traveled and worldly man than himself. :(

Too bad...Michael was a HG I would have liked to have gotten to know better...but with all the lying, back-biting, fighting and constant yammering...it's hard to get to know this group of people.

Does it seem we are always left with the least interesting, most simple minded and/or creepy HGs at the end of BB every season? :?

Does it seem we are always left with the least interesting, most simple minded and/or creepy HGs at the end of BB every season?  :?

Good observation. It does, doesn't it. Look at last year, preppy Drew and skanky Diane. Wonder if they're still together...anyone know? I predicted that relationship wouldn't last a month outside of the house. Cowboy did have his own unique personality, but more pitiful than interesting.

And the year before, Jun and Allison....Uuuuuugh. That was choosing the lesser of two evils. I hated that season.

I think they are still trash talking him because they can't admit that they were wrong to say all the nasty things they have and it's just easier to keep bashing him...

You got that right Yana :!:

But, it's probably too late.... unless something in the safe saves Michael before the eviction vote.

With all the controversy surrounding Mike being accused of harassing the female HGs, how far can another HG lie, or exaggerate the truth?

For example could one of the HG simply make up a lie about another HG claiming he is a convicted child molester, or lie and say that that another HG confessed to raping a bunch of women prior to entering the BB house? Or how about a lie about beating his wifegirlfriendkids? Or how about a lie stating another HG in an heir to over 10 million dollars.

What there boundaries to what they can lie about? Without access to the outside world, it become extreme difficult to disprove any lie someone might chose to create.

Guest Shockalot

This is a good question I think.

It would seem to me that 'anything goes' short of actually accusing someone of a crime.

I mean, if someone does accuse another guest of an actual crime then I think that guest has a fully legitimate case for suing the other guest outside the BB house.

(and probably involving Shapiro/BB too I would guess)

Like you say, you simply cant have some group get together and decide to say the guys a rapist, child molester etc.

Thats something that is not only affecting the game. thats one thing - but its affecting their life very seriously AFTER the game is over and outside the game.

Once again, BB has surprised me tonight by (IMO) portraying the incident very fairly and giving Michael plenty of air-time to defend himself.

(well.. airtime of the times he was defending himself)

I dare say Michael did come off better than he might have becuase he does invade the girls spaces alot and that wasnt focused on too much.

Grrr.. I wish we could get a leaked version of that BB rulebook!!

With all this talk about Michael and sexual harrassment, I thought I'd look this up. I know, I should have just consulted Eric, but he's a little busy right now.

Sexual harassment is a form of sex discrimination that violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitutes sexual harassment when submission to or rejection of this conduct explicitly or implicitly affects an individual's employment, unreasonably interferes with an individual's work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment.

Sexual harassment can occur in a variety of circumstances, including but not limited to the following:

* The victim as well as the harasser may be a woman or a man. The victim does not have to be of the opposite sex.

* The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, an agent of the employer, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or a non-employee.

* The victim does not have to be the person harassed but could be anyone affected by the offensive conduct.

* Unlawful sexual harassment may occur without economic injury to or discharge of the victim.

* The harasser's conduct must be unwelcome.

It is helpful for the victim to directly inform the harasser that the conduct is unwelcome and must stop. The victim should use any employer complaint mechanism or grievance system available.

When investigating allegations of sexual harassment, EEOC looks at the whole record: the circumstances, such as the nature of the sexual advances, and the context in which the alleged incidents occurred. A determination on the allegations is made from the facts on a case-by-case basis.

Prevention is the best tool to eliminate sexual harassment in the workplace. Employers are encouraged to take steps necessary to prevent sexual harassment from occurring. They should clearly communicate to employees that sexual harassment will not be tolerated. They can do so by establishing an effective complaint or grievance process and taking immediate and appropriate action when an employee complains.

See also: How To File A Charge of Employment Discrimination