Sexual Harrassment Controversy

karenGa

Guest DraftKing

The difference between Michael & Howie is pretty simple, and it comes down to a matter of perception by other houseguests.

With Michael, his advances/come-ons have been perceived as creepy. He made many of the women feel uncomfortable, and as a result he alienated himself from them and caused major turmoil. The fact that he still doesn't recognize the fact that he made the women uncomfortable by his actions is unfortunate.

With Howie, his actions and words are no less overt, and actually he's very much more graphic about things. But he comes across not as creepy, but as immature and playful, like a 14-year-old kid. He makes people laugh, and as a result he has managed to offset the discomfort that others doing the exact same thing might cause. Though, to be sure, he is riding a fine line, and Rachel even warned him to tone it down.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see it different... Mike doesn't really make the women feel creepy... Eric and the crew's blown out of porportion propaganda has... The advances were only made toward Jenny and were in fact welcomed by her until the EIA (Eric, Ivette, April) convinced her her BF would break up with her... The rest would have been seen the same why as Howie except for the fact that the EIA continue to blow things out of porportion and make the ladies scared of Mike... Mike hasn't done anything like Howie... The things I know about Howie are way more scary than anything Mike has done...

Guest DraftKing

I saw Michael make advances toward women on the feed numerous times before the propoganda machine took over. Did the propoganda machine overblow it? You bet. But he also created situations that, from what I saw, made several of the women feel very uncomfortable before the "guy alliance" crumbled and the Eric cult was created.

The women never said they were uncomfortable with Mike before the EIA started... I have live feeds too and have seen anything wrote or anything on the live feeds themselves to indicate this... Everything points to EIA...

LOL Yep I would say someone struck a nerve... The truth has a way of doing that...

Its not attitude. I have strong opinions...on everything, not just BB...call it "attitude" if you'd like; I dont care. I just dont play the whole "passive agressive" game...I put my opinions out there, I'm not scared of disagreements. And BB is soooo subjective....so I suggest you go to dictionary.com and look up "truth".

Just my opinion, but I think...

Most of the girls in the house are accustomed to attracting attention and compliments from their looks and their bodies, not for their enchanting personality or their sharp minds.

they are hypocrits thats why

LOL Yep I would say someone struck a nerve... The truth has a way of doing that...

Its not attitude. I have strong opinions...on everything, not just BB...call it "attitude" if you'd like; I dont care. I just dont play the whole "passive agressive" game...I put my opinions out there, I'm not scared of disagreements. And BB is soooo subjective....so I suggest you go to dictionary.com and look up "truth".

Ummmm No-one said anything about attitude... I only said it seemed someone struck a nerve and that the TRUTH has that affect when it's not on your side...

Well, hummmm lets see there are several post where people are saying things are different from what you said happened... You are the only one saying you saw it your way... TRUTH... I would believe several over one... I am not saying you are lying but just seeing things different... Several people can see the same thing... most will have different opinions... Don't you think the fact that several saw it the same way and you are the only one saying you saw it different tells volumes...

Guest Rickster

I somehow missed this toe Penetration incident . I do find the wording interesting Sarah may have been encouraged by James to exploit the sex harrasment issue with Mike. James is a snake wanna be cop security guard.

You know the type. how diffrent would his women be?

I think Nodought has a point. I also think Mike scares them Howie does't.

Janelle acts like she doesn't care how Howie or Mike treat her she seems to want to play the blond bomb shell so be it, but when the other women ask him to stop and he won't thats a problem ,Howie seems to stop when asked. MIke and Janelle are both mean and hateful. To make remarks about peoples imperfections is just wrong from anyone. And Ivette has calmed down this week alot i think :)

Howie doesn't stop... He says I'm sorry I'm sorry then goes right back and does the behavior again and they all laugh... Mike has STOPPED... When he is told it bothers someone he leaves them alone...

I see both guys as crossing the line. Either way these two choose to flirt, nauseates me. It's kind of sad that some of the women of the house verbalize that it is okay for Howie to talk the way he does but feel offended by Michael's advances. I find myself watching less of the live feeds because of the sexual overtones that just happen to be the number one topic this year.

I am a little disgusted about how far the Michael thing has been blown up. When Howie is just as bad. He keeps on with Jan even when she says stop. But Jan is using her assets on him to get to the end. And how about the Jennifer thing. She laid across Jame's crotch,(I wander what she was implying). Jen was very flirtatious in the beginning, but she seems to be crying wolf now. And I also don't see any of the HG's throwing stones at Beau for his playfulness to Gaysar. IMO, most of the BB HG are egging some of these advances on the way they talk and listen. I was proud of Rachael when she called Howie down.

Right on Odins... You hit the nail on the head... Jenny is now crying wolf since she has seen that her BF might take what she ws going wrong... Wonder if he's going to be just as mad about James... I also agree that both of them have gone over the line... But I think Eric bringing it to the point of he's scared for his family is too far... We all say things when we are mad... How many of you have said "sometimes I could choke them" or "sometimes I wanna smack you" or anything along those lines to someone we care about because we are mad? But implying that someone is going to break out all mob on you and your family just because you are playing a game... :roll:

Sarah made more out of than what it is because she is JEALOUS of the girls that are flirty with James and James flirty with them... She WANTED a reaction from James, IMO.

Guest Peaches

I saw the incident and heard Sarah's comments, but never actually saw Michael's toe.

Sarah commented that he stuck his toe up her shorts but she was wearing black (with a small white print) capri pants that came to her knees or a little longer.

Give me a break . . .

I will just come out and say that if you check the posts of NoDoubt and Sc-Steeler, they seem to want to stir people up. All of this crap about sexual harrassment and going over the line is just stupid. If it was a workplace? Yes, then this behavior would be not tolerated or accepted, but as much as people wanna believe or convince themselves that BB is a workplace, it is not. Also, sexual harrassment in the workplace, requires the person who was offended to come forward and make the complaint. None of the women have. And even if they did, they would have a hard time proving that Mike was the person they were afraid of, as long as Howie is in the house. And Beau would now have to be considered a "sexual harrasser" after tonights show. But you don;t see No

Doubt or sc-Steeler going after anyone except Michael.

All of these women on the show say that they are strong and independent, but they can't tell Michael to stop? Well, it would be hard for them to do that if they continue to let Howie disparage them, but for some reason, even though Howie does the most disgusting things, that is fine? It is easy to see, with or without feeds if you are reading this board that the main disgusting stuff is coming from Howie. But he is loved for some reason. After seeing Beau molesting Kayser this evening, shouldn't the sheep have all come to Kaysers rescue?

We have a few people on this board who just want to stir the pot, or don;t live in America, or are the ones that perpetuate this new idea that a look, a touch, or even playful jab is "sexual harrassment" and let's call the lawyers. Please, I am 36, have been in the workplace for 20 years now and have seen people lose their carreers over something that was "misinterpreted" and it is a joke. When people went to court over an episode of Seinfeld and claimed sexual harrassment, I knew we were on a downhill slope. But hey, let them keep it up, soon no one will be able to look, touch, or even be near someone else in public or private, at work or at home. and then NoDoubt and sc-Steeler will be able to sit at home alone, and be proud of what they have supported. And no one willl be there to come to their rescue....for fear of being sued.....for sexual harrassment.

Dep

Guest Myhero

Can someone please tell me what the big incident is. I am assuming it has something to do with sexual harrassment that Eric mentioned. I did see him pull Michael alone last night and talk to him about it. IS this what the big deal is or is there something more. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks

Kyle

Guest WebNuts

All the women except Janelle have been talking to Eric about Michael's inappropriate behavior towards them, they all feel that Michael's actions are wrong and Eric was getting mad hearing about it.

Eric did pull Michael aside to talk to him about what the girls are saying and warned him about sexually harassing them, something I'm sure he has experience with 'if' he is a captain of a fire station.

As the day went on, there seems to have been a lot of frustration with the POV competition, it seems to have been delayed until today, even after we had fish most of the afternoon on th cams. Add the alcohol and the women seemed to talk more and more to Eric about Michael's touching and staring and other behavior and Eric was getting more and more pumped up. The last straw was an exchange between Eric & Ivette, and when Michael walked into the back yard, Eric blew his stack.

I think Eric seen what he did as defending the girls from someone the girls have spent the day telling him they were afraid of.

All the women except Janelle have been talking to Eric about Michael's inappropriate  behavior towards them, they all feel that Michael's actions are wrong and Eric was getting mad hearing about it. 

Eric did pull Michael aside to talk to him about what the girls are saying and warned him about sexually harassing them, something I'm sure he has experience with 'if' he is a captain of a fire station. 

As the day went on, there seems to have been a lot of frustration with the POV competition, it seems to have been delayed until today, even after we had fish most of the afternoon on th cams. Add the alcohol and the women seemed to talk more and more to Eric about Michael's touching and staring and other behavior and Eric was getting more and more pumped up. The last straw was an exchange between Eric & Ivette, and when Michael walked into the back yard, Eric blew his stack.

I think Eric seen what he did as defending the girls from someone the girls have spent the day telling him they were afraid of.

Is it ALL the other women or just whinny April and annoying Ivette. Ivette is playing "i can't defend myself Eric, please help me", but I bet Ivette can kick some a$$. I bet April loves all the attention, but since her husband is watching, she is being a drama queen. I bet if her husband felt that Michael was harrassing his wife, am sure (if he were man enough) he would get his wife outta there or complaine, money or no money.