Sexual Harrassment Controversy

karenGa

Guest MickeysMom
It is helpful for the victim to directly inform the harasser that the conduct is unwelcome and must stop

EXACTLY :!: :!: :!: :!:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My speculation is that HGs can not create lies about another HG's life outside of the BB house, and are limited to what they can lie about within the BB house.

A very creativedevious HG could think up some extremely damaging stuff that would impossible to refute without access to the outside world. Say for example the lie is created 5-10 minutes before eviction, there is no time for the other HG to respond assuming heshe even becomes aware of the lie. A person could get evicted based on one or more lies and not even know the lies existed, leaves the BB game, and Julie says "We know its a big lie, but did you know the HGs all think enjoy torturing animals? The HOH lied about your life outside the house to ensure you were evicted tonight"

Yes, I would love to see the rule book that the HGs must live by. I think we would all be surprised at the restrictions the HGs are under.

Guest WebNuts

I wish I kept a count of how many times they told Michael to stop... April has done it several times, but he kept trying to kiss or bite her neck. He has done the same thing to a few of the others too and it is clearly unwelcome.

* The harasser's conduct must be unwelcome.

I think if someone lied about a HG having a criminal past of some kind, the others would figure i out pretty easily, CBS/BB does do a background check and criminal check. Sexual Harrassment is only a "crime" if committed in the workplace. You can't just accuse someone of sexual harrassment by walking past them on the street and not liking how they looked at you. That is what keeps pissing me off. Eric and his flock keep acting like staring, touching, making advances are all sexual harrassment. Would only be true if everyone in the house worked together. And obviously they can't live together much less work together LOL

Dep

Beau's behavior toward Kaysar is way worse than anything I've seen Michael doing. Remember when Beau was sitting on Kaysar while he was laying on the couch? Beau was rubbing his face, running his fingers through his hair. I heard Kaysar say "stop" many times.

Also, to some people, Howie prancing around in a woman's bra is considered sexual harassment.

They all should just shut the f up.

I'm guessing it excludes what people do tae themselves when they think no one's looking? :rofl

{{{{KILT FLASH}}}}

Beau's behavior toward Kaysar is way worse than anything I've seen Michael doing.  Remember when Beau was sitting on Kaysar while he was laying on the couch?  Beau was rubbing his face, running his fingers through his hair.  I heard Kaysar say "stop" many times.

Also, to some people, Howie prancing around in a woman's bra is considered sexual harassment.

They all should just shut the f up.

here here!!! i have been saying since the night it aired that Beau's sexual harrassment was worse.

I have been thinking about this too... A lot of people are screaming that because it isn't a WORK place it doesn't count as sexual harrassment... Well, to me I would think it is a work place... Think about it... They are paid according to a union scale... they ARE paid for being there... What is the differnce between that house and say any firehouse in the country??? The fact that they live there 24/7 for three months not just 48 on and 24 off... Those women only started telling Mike to stop when ERIC started yelling sexual harrassment and when they did he DID stop... How many times have I heard one of them to tell HOWIE to stop but he still does it and will just say I'm sorry I'm sorry and go right back to the action again as soon as the second sorry is out of his mouth... What I am wondering is can Mike really sue...

I have been thinking about this too... A lot of people are screaming that because it isn't a WORK place it doesn't count as sexual harrassment... Well, to me I would think it is a work place... Think about it... They are paid according to a union scale... they ARE paid for being there... What is the differnce between that house and say any firehouse in the country??? The fact that they live there 24/7 for three months not just 48 on and 24 off... Those women only started telling Mike to stop when ERIC started yelling sexual harrassment and when they did he DID stop... How many times have I heard one of them to tell HOWIE to stop but he still does it and will just say I'm sorry I'm sorry and go right back to the action again as soon as the second sorry is out of his mouth... What I am wondering is can Mike really sue...

:?: Seems to me he might have a case of defamation of character!!!! Mike has shown signs of being obnoxious but the girls could really have put a stop to him!!! Now the deal with Beau all over Kayser like a fly on s##t is worse to me!!! :lol:

Guest noskcire

like i said on another post if it is sexual harassment would not CBS be held liable and would they not step in, call Michael to the DR and tell him to stop

If unresticted lying were allowed, a devioussmart HG wouldn't create lies that could be proven to be false by other HGs while in the BB house, nor create lies that were highly likely to be false (ie HG#4 is a serial killer). When creating a lie about another HG's criminal past, the lie can easly be explained "He's never caught, that's why he has no criminal record". Just based on that single explaination, the door is wide open for pretty much anything a HG might want create lies about other HGs.

A really good liar mixes the truth with lies because that gives some creditability to the lie. It makes the lie sound valid because it includes information that people know is true.

it would be different if Eric was the only one that said something about the sexual harrasment but, hes not. A majority of the girls agreed with him about how mike is too touchy feely. so, on Erics defense he was just repeating what was told to him by the other women.

This is just a sad situation all around - like most cases of sexual harassment, this seem largely like a case of miscommunication. I only saw April tell Michael to stop that one time that was shown on tv, but Webnuts said she told him several times. Yet when Eric mentioned to Michael that his behavior was unwelcome, he was truly shocked.

Personally, I think Eric should have kept his nosy butt out of the whole thing. Who made him god. He should have just encouraged April to talk to Michael privately and made it clear to him how is physicality was being received. Instead he goes and totally humiliates the guy on national tv on a matter that had no personal knowledge about. And then he's shocked that Michael hates him. What a tool.

It is my observation by watching the feeds that Eric is not lying, but simply leveraging what has been said by other HGs to get Mike evicted. On the feeds Eric has stated that he does not believe all the so-called harassment actually occurred.

Personally I think it pretty low to play up sexual harassment to get someone evicted. But if it were against the BB rules, BB producers behind the wall would have put an end to the harassment tactic right when it started.

My overall point in starting this thread is not so much what has been said or lied about in regards to Mike, but simply to question far can the HGs go when creating lies about each other. I'm pretty confident there are significant restrictions on lying otherwise all the HGs would be creating all sort of lies about each other. If it is a just a game, and unlimited lies were allowed why not create lies that a HG beats his wife and kids, or cheats on his girl friend, or has raped women in the past, or already has $10 million in the bank, etc, etc, etc,

I can only say that what I've seen Micheal do on feeds etc, is far less than other advances I've seen during past BB's. Obviously BB themselves didn't think these advances were of overt concern, otherwise they surely would have kicked him out ages ago, especially on the chance that they themselves could be held liable for standing by and literally watching, opposed to coming to the aid of these "victims". Also let's not forget how Jen was the one who would constantly hang off of him.

I am just so appalled at how Eric has gotten everyone together as such. He goes on about how upset he is that someone is saying something bad about him or his family, but the defemation of character he's instituted on Micheal is outrageous! The guy is a nut job, plain and simple.. and has been from the beginning when he wanted the guys to band together. I don't think he's capable of just being calm, he always has an issue.

I think this was a ploy for Eric to have an reason to go back on this alliance with the boys and get rid of micheal. Eric is now realizing that he went too far with the sexual harrassment thing. Because of the fight. I think everyone is so stupid if they believe that Eric wasn't planning to hit Mike. He was.. Steam was comming out of his ears.