Big Brother 8 ...in The Media

Lynnmurr

I read that at another board (had to get by BB fix somewhere while Morty's was down) and they are all speculating that it has something to do with the frienimies twist... They think if the F2 were enimies in high school they will get the mil, if not then it will be the normal sum... Like they did with the couples...

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm ....

Are the HGs in sequester yet? If not, wouldn't the cat be out of the bag?

just sayin' -- I'd probably marry my enemy for a million. Mutual divorce would be cheap in comparison.

(cept that I'd end up with 500k - the original prize money).

If the split is winner = million, second gets 50 K, this could be a great deal.

I don't think this year is going to have anything to do with enemies from high school... They are supposed to be going in the house tomorrow, so I would think they have been in sequester for quite some time now...

Hello everyone

Dunno if anyone else has posted this, I didn't see it anywhere. There has been alot of speculation about the number of HG's this season. Well, the new double issue of TV Guide has an ad and it says

Big Brother 8

You'll want to watch!

The summer's most anticipated show returns!

What do they have planned this year? 14 houseguests are about to find out/

So, guess that's our answer.

Dep

That's the rumor... Tomorrow is the big day... They had mock houseguests in there last week checking to make sure things ran smoothly... I thought 10 days was a long time too...

They should have picked up all the hamsters this weekend or no later than tomorrow and gotten them into sequester. They don't go into the house until 2-3 days before the show starts. Since Julie is supposed to be on Letterman on Tues we should get some little tidbits soon.

Windus

'Brother' bigger than ever

Big Brother is going balls-out in its return this summer-- literally-- as CBS simultaneously launches an almost-uncensored spin-off series on cable. Big Brother: After Dark will feature a live, unedited feed from the "Big Brother" house, three three hours a night (midnight til 3 am ET/PT) on ShoToo, Showtime's widely available companion net.

With so many cameras in the house capturing multiple storylines, an online producer will decide which camera views audiences will see. But producers are making it clear that profanity and nudity will be allowed. Up until Big Brother season 5 in 2004, nudity was allowed on the show's webcast on CBS.com.

While most contestants did a good job hiding their naked bodies from the cameras, four notable contestants went full frontal: 35 year old restaurant hostess Tonya Paoni, 22 year old retail manager Allison Irwin, 26 year old bartender and winner of BB3 Lisa Donahue, and the most nudity came from 23 year old real estate appraiser Amy Crews, who frequently walked around the house completely naked. The new season begins July 5th.

source http://www.eztvefnet.org/index.php?main=tv...p;show_news=592

Speaking as a Big Brother live feed expert and amateur, but promising, pervert, I can state as fact that Amy Crews was not in the habit of walking about the house naked. There were several moments where we caught boobage through towel-slips and wardrobe malfunctions, but no casual strolls going all out. The folks at eztvefnet.org are mistaken about that.

Thanks for confirming that Morty... There have been a lot of people saying that the people that wrote that article never watched the feeds, and you just proved it... :animated_bouncy:

Hey all

Ok, I will preface this by stating that this is "through the grapevine" from a friend of a friend of a friend (you get the idea. BUT....

A friend of ours who lives in L.A. has been told that someone who made it to the finals, but did not make it said that the casting folks asked alot of questions regarding how willing folks were to be completely exposed. This person said it was obvious that they were looking for people who were not worried about what people thought of them after, were VERY interested in if they had an agent or were looking for one (they seemed happy when he said he was not represented), and were very interested to know their thoughts on public nudity, sexual taboos and communal showers.

Now, this is all heresay, but it does play into the stuff that has been posted about this BB going for more of the European feel. Also would help make the live ShoToo feeds good for some eye candy. I know some folks don;t care for nudity and sex, but compared to some stuff we have seen on the feeds, it is far and above more entertaining/

This person also stated that there were "many ages represented" at the call, and that people over 45 were definately called back.

Dunno what all of this means, if anything, but it gives me hope that this season might actually be different than what we have seen before. I for one have been one of the voices calling for more "real" people and fewer wannabe famous folks. Maybe this season we will get it, and some steamy stuff on ShoToo as a bonus.

Could this be truly a NEW Big Brother?

Dep

'Big Brother' producer promises "something die-hard fans will love"

By Christopher Rocchio and Steve Rogers, 06/25/2007

CBS still hasn't revealed the details of this summer's new Big Brother twists, however executive producer Alison Grodner predicts at least one of the eighth-season changes will become an instant favorite with the long-running summer reality show's viewers.

"This year, there will be something die-hard fans will love," Grodner teased to Daily Variety about a new still-undisclosed play-along-at-home component that will be part of Big Brother 8. "It will give them the opportunity to participate even more than they have in the past."

Big Brother 8 will premiere on Thursday, July 5 at 8PM ET/PT. After its debut, the show will air on Sundays and Thursdays at 8PM ET/PT and Tuesdays at 9PM ET/PT.

However although Big Brother 8 a thrice-weekly similar broadcast schedule to what the the show's last six seasons have used, Big Brother's eighth season will be more omnipresent than usual. In addition to its thrice-weekly CBS broadcasts, Big Brother 8's broadcast run will also include Big Brother: After Dark, a new 12AM to 3AM ET spinoff that will air nightly on Showtime Too. Big Brother: After Dark will feature footage from the same live camera feeds that are made available to subscribers of the show's 24/7 live Internet feeds.

"The show has always been kind of ubiquitous, even before it became cool to do that," CBS reality programming and new media head Ghen Maynard told Variety. "This year, there are going to be some new things that make the show even more ubiquitous and interactive."

In addition to its After Dark spinoff and the live, streaming Internet feeds that the show has featured since its initial Summer 2000 season, CBS is also planning to give Big Brother fans the opportunity to monitor and influence activity in the Los Angeles-area house via text messaging, according to Variety.

Similar to soaking in some sun at the beach or playing a game of wiffle ball in the backyard, Grodner believes that, after seven years, the long-running CBS reality series has become a staple of summer.

"It's not just about sitting down and watching television," Grodner told Variety. "We're a summer event that's always with you. I don't think any other show has that sort of reach."

Despite the extended outreach to big Big Brother fans, Maynard told Variety "good storytelling" will continue to be the show's focus when the newest houseguests find themselves living together over the course of a few months while trying to claim the $500,000 prize.

"It's important to make sure you don't betray the vision of the show," he told Variety. "If you do too many tricks or stunts, you betray that."

Archived