correct english, James, Lying Will

LadieJL

If I hear another person on BB7 use incorrect English, Im going to scream. Now, Im from the south and I say aint, yall, fixing to and so on. I dont use correct punctuation when I type and I dont always proofread. Im just too lazy to fix it sometimes. So please dont come back and flame me because I didnt type or spell something right. But these people try to be so proper and they screw it up all the time. Its funny too because the main one who does it it Will. Im not saying Im perfect but I know when to say you and I or you and me. Will said tonight, "She will nominate Boogie and I." Diane said on her interview for the first show to introduce the top 20 when she was talking about something Drew did to her and she said, ......."like Drew did with I." Dont they know when you are speaking about yourself and someone else, to make the sentence make sense, you drop the other person and then you'll know if you say me or I. For instance, Will saying I know she will nominate I would have been wrong. He should have said I know she will nominate Boogie and me. (I know she will nominate me). OMG!!! This gets on my last nerve. This is a proper statement......If you and I are nominated..... You would say If I am nominated not if me is nominated. If you and me are nominated would be wrong although that is commonly what most people say. Sometime its ME people!

Did that make any sense??

I cant stand James.........UGH!!!!!!! I wish he wasnt even on here. Sorry all you James lovers but I just dont like him.

Will is lying soooo much. He doesnt want to go home. If he really did, hed walk his butt right on out the door. Nothings stopping him. I think they are playing Janie. I hope she doesnt fall for it. But if they are going to stand by their word, Ill be first to admit I was wrong.

:) I love BB though. No matter what they do!!!

Hi LadieJL,

Welcome to Morty's. Wow, I had no idea someone was paying that much attention to the way the hgs are speaking. LOL :)

I also wanted to say that let's assume Will and Boogie are taking Janey for a ride with their deal. But let's also assume that as a result of this deal, she's able to backdoor Danielle and Danielle gets evicted this week. Wouldn't that be just as good as eliminating Boogie? Either one would go after Janelle in a flash, and Danielle might be even better to take out now since she's working it so hard with James. Also, I suspect that Danielle will win an HOH competition before Boogie will, so I think it's very smart of Janelle to target Danielle (if that really is what she has in mind).

Thanks Carmen! Ive actually been on Mortys for the past three years . I just didnt post here any last year and I forgot my password and all thst so I just created a new account!

I noticed it because it just a big pet peeve I have in general.

but you start a thread with bad english also. where is the noun?

btw :lol:

"I dont use correct punctuation when I type and I dont always proofread. Im just too lazy to fix it sometimes. So please dont come back and flame me because I didnt type or spell something right."

This comment was only about the use of I or me. Not correct punctuation, bad spelling, adverbs, nouns, run on sentences, objects of the preposition, prepositional phrases, subjects, verbs...........

I said I wasn't perfect!

:rolleyes:

flaming is against the rules. i dont break rules :rolleyes:

^lol

I know how you feel I have alot of friends that are ESL (English as second Language) That Im just happy when I understand what they are saying and half the time they mess up he and she which makes things really hard to follow sometimes!!! So following incorrect english (I or Me) is no problem for me or should I say I :blink: ? lol!! :)

I had an aunt that corrected everything i said it drove me nuts! so to spite her i flunked english which is not good for (me or I lol ) cause now i'm really bad at english.

I have to side w/the original poster -- I always notice, & it drives me crazy, when people misuse I vs. me. You explained it wonderfully -- drop the other person out of the sentance & you're left w/the correct useage. For all those who wanna talk smack about 'no one uses proper grammar anymore' --- that's a great point to bring up while you're in the unemployment line!! I'm not that old, but always read & took great pride in doing well in English. I now own an entertainment company doing booking/management in the music industry & can't tell you how often I disregard someone's intelligence when they can't form a readable sentence or bother to use spellcheck. Don't even get me started on how we're a Country that not only can't speak multiple languages, but fails to have a minimal grasp on our own native tongue!! It just boils down to how much pride you take in your education & how much it bothers you when people act like they're so intelligent. 'Nuff said, I'm done.

Susan.

The world is full of uneducated or rude or ruthless people who have a "successful business" and "lots of money".All the worse for their family, friends, customers and all the people they touch and degrade in their life. Just being in the same room with them makes others dirty... like Will and Boogie.

That was my point. They TRY to be articulate and appear to be so intelligent only to mess it up and sound foolish. Like I said I notice it every time someone does it because it is a pet peeve of mine. A BIGGGG one!

Archived