Housecalls

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the direction (why didn't they just leave it like it was last year?) But I went and when the file tried to start I got an error. I have a feeling they don;t have the clip in there correctly.

Dep

Well, I finally got it to play, sort of.

I got a Cingular commercial, and then it just sat there, but I just waited and after about 4 minutes, the show started loading, and that took about another minute and a half, and then the first 8 minute clip started playing and about every 2 minutes, it would freeze and say "communicating 99%" and it would sit like that for about a minute and then resume.

I watched the first segment like that, then Gretchen said there would be a commercial. No cemmercial, but again, it just sat there with a black screen for about 3 minutes, then Gretchen was back with segment 2. But after 2 more stops, I had had enough. I still had 4 minutes left of segment 2 when I stopped.

I did try clicking on the "How I Met Your Mother" clip to see if that played and that one popped right up. So It has to be something with the HC clip.

I am using Real by the way and did notice that if you right click over the screen, you can choose to have it play in Real instead of on the site.

Dep

Ok so I finally broke down and installed Real Player. And of course now it works fine.

It's funny though, how Windows Media Player plays the first 9 mins then just stops. I'm sure they could fix it fast but they're just too lazy/don't know about it. Oh well. I guess real player is fine :)

yeah i am having the same problem.. and i just ended up Xing out of it all together. they arent saying anything different from what anyone here has said. hahaha

it wont get exciting till friday anyways.

That guy Joe is from Variety and he will be her guest host all week

Archived