Annie - Week 1

CeCiMom

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a bi-sexual wouldn't like a transgender?

In the technical definition of what bisexual is...yes that is correct. Bi is from the latin root of 2. Generally speaking there are 2 'main' genders; male and female

I quoted main because I am using societal terms here. I do not judge any gender any different

I mean it's silly if you ask me to even have a term such as alternative sexuality. That to me imposes that me being hetero is somehow better than my friend being homosexual. Huh...funny cuz last I checked we're all humans...but that's a whole other discussion :-p

Yes, bi would be into the two 'main' genders if you want strict definition

-Kyo

Instead of replying to individual posts, I'm going to just comment in general on the whole bi/pan thing. I know this is getting a bit off-topic, so if anyone wants to send me a PM or whatever to ask further, I'm cool with that.

Generally, you know, we as a society only recognize two genders: male, female. But not everybody fits into those gender roles. Some people feel that they are androgynous (meaning neither male nor female), some people feel that they are genderqueer (meaning not strictly male or female, but a combination of both).

Also, generally, we only recognize two sexes: male, female. But not everybody fits neatly into those categories either. (The difference between gender and sex being that sex is is the physical traits you have and gender is the more the social/mental/emotional aspects). Some people are born intersex, which means they have physical characteristics of both sexes. Some people who are trans gendered or trans sexual might have physical characteristics of both sexes either because they are currently in the process of transitioning from one gender to the other, or because they have only physically transitioned certain characteristics and don't intend to transition in other ways (for example, someone might be taking hormones to change some of their outer appearances but not have an operation to change their genitals).

So, there are a lot of people for whom either gender, sex, or both, do not clearly fit into the neat little boxes of male or female.

A person who calls themselves pansexual recognizes this and can find people of all genders/sexes attractive sexually and/or romantically. For instance, I often call myself bi just to avoid having to go into these long explanations, but I am actually pansexual and will often be attracted to genderqueer and gender ambiguous folks, as well as people who may be transitioning or already partially transitioned.

ILoveDaniele - I'd be careful about calling transgender a separate gender such as male and female. Most trans gender people are actually one gender or another - it's just that they were born with bodies that don't match that gender. And the trans gender people who don't feel they are one gender or another would probably call their gender presentation "genderqueer", but certainly they would not call their gender or their sex trans. Usually a trans gender or trans sexual person will actually just be referred to be the gender that they know they are - so someone who was born into a "male" body but is actually "female" would just be called "female".

Many bisexual, straight, or gay people will still be attracted to trans gender people as the gender they really are. For example, a straight woman might be attracted to a trans man because what she sees when she looks at him is: "male."

There are a lot of different reasons why both hetero and homosexual people might have issues with bi/pansexual people. I won't get into them all here, but vannatc1, you are correct in thinking that some homosexual people believe that bisexuality isn't real, that we're just indecisive, that we're fence sitting, that we're lessening their experiences of having to come out as gay because we can easily "pass" for straight if we want to, etc.

Queer is a term that used to be used as a slur against people of different sexual orientations and presentations, but it's now a reclaimed word - meaning we can use it ourselves to describe ourselves. Since there is now a large number of categories that are considered to be non-normative (as you can see from my descriptions above - and that's not even nearly a full list), we often just make it easier on ourselves and call the whole community "queer." So, yes, as a straight, cis (meaning you are not trans gendered), gender-conforming person - you should probably be careful about using the word yourself, at least until you are really educated about it and are comfortable with many of the different concepts. But it's not generally considered offensive if someone who is queer, like myself, to use it to describe myself or people like me. As with any word usage, *some* people in the "queer" community might dislike the word - and if they told me that, then I would be careful about my using the word around them specifically, and certainly would not use it to describe them ever.

Does anyone know what caused Annie to start to cry at approx. 10:34 this morning? She was in the kitchen talking, I think with Lane, then started to cry. I missed it because I was working! Darn work! Anyway, she almost ran to the bathroom and Kathy followed after her. Then we got bubble of the house.

She was talking with Kathy and Andrew about pizza...said her family used to own a pizza place and she ate pizza every day...then BB kept going to bubbles because Annie's family did not sign the release to talk about them. Feeds came back on and Andrew asked her something about living in Detroit...then she broke down and ran to the bathroom crying. I'm sure it has to do with some of the issues she currently has with her family...didn't seem like anyone said anything out of line to her.

Thanks sophb for the insight. I guess it goes a lot deeper than most of us knew as does most things in life. Very interesting.

Thanks for the detailed information! :)

ILoveDaniele - I'd be careful about calling transgender a separate gender such as male and female. Most trans gender people are actually one gender or another - it's just that they were born with bodies that don't match that gender. And the trans gender people who don't feel they are one gender or another would probably call their gender presentation "genderqueer", but certainly they would not call their gender or their sex trans. Usually a trans gender or trans sexual person will actually just be referred to be the gender that they know they are - so someone who was born into a "male" body but is actually "female" would just be called "female".

Many bisexual, straight, or gay people will still be attracted to trans gender people as the gender they really are. For example, a straight woman might be attracted to a trans man because what she sees when she looks at him is: "male."

...which is precisely why I put the quotes around it and said I was using the societal definition. Immediately after I said that I judge no gender any differently. I also said I was answering nothing but the strict definition of what vann was asking. Bi meaning 2 by STRICT definition allows for the two genders in attraction.

That is also why I said that much like everything in psychology there are numerous ways that ball can role

I am not saying you are doing this but there is no way I am gonna let people think I am not about equality; I was merely answering the strict definition of it

-Kyo

absolutely slim

and Svannah PLEASE understand I am not upset. I just really wanted to clarify that I was answering only the strict definition and nothing more

what I actually feel is off topic and extremely accepting of all people

-Kyo

Frankly, I think it's long overdue for Big Brother to include a transgender HG, ideally one who "passed" as the gender he/she chose. I figure live and let live. Wouldn't it be interesting if he/she made it through the entire game without his/her "secret?" If it's a male to female then please, BB, don't send a TG that's 6' 3" with wide shoulders, gargantuan Adam's Apple, etc.

absolutely slim

and Svannah PLEASE understand I am not upset. I just really wanted to clarify that I was answering only the strict definition and nothing more

what I actually feel is off topic and extremely accepting of all people

-Kyo

No problem, ILoveDaniele. I read what you wrote and totally understood exactly what you were saying. I didn't take it that you were upset in the least. I feel the same as you and Slim. Slim said it best...whatever floats people's boats.

So, what's Princess Britney up to now? LOL!

No problem, ILoveDaniele. I read what you wrote and totally understood exactly what you were saying. I didn't take it that you were upset in the least. I feel the same as you and Slim. Slim said it best...whatever floats people's boats.

So, what's Princess Britney up to now? LOL!

-swoons-

I love my princess :-p

but to get on topic...I just saw Annie shoveling a shake in her maw like a backho

-Kyo

Haven't been online much this week so I don't know if someone has already discussed this,forgive me if it has.

My question is; Did anyone with live feeds actually see Rachel do what Annie claimed she did? Was it true?

Haven't been online much this week so I don't know if someone has already discussed this,forgive me if it has.

My question is; Did anyone with live feeds actually see Rachel do what Annie claimed she did? Was it true?

Half true. Rachel did not talk in the voice Annie used to tell everyone her story. Rachel did smirk and stared Annie down as she walked away. She could have done the wave thing, but neither of the cameras could see Rachel at that point.

...which is precisely why I put the quotes around it and said I was using the societal definition. Immediately after I said that I judge no gender any differently. I also said I was answering nothing but the strict definition of what vann was asking. Bi meaning 2 by STRICT definition allows for the two genders in attraction.

That is also why I said that much like everything in psychology there are numerous ways that ball can role

I am not saying you are doing this but there is no way I am gonna let people think I am not about equality; I was merely answering the strict definition of it

-Kyo

Oh yea, sorry, I wasn't criticizing you or everything you had to say. I just wanted to point that out to make sure anyone else who came by and saw the thread would be clear on it. :)

Oh yea, sorry, I wasn't criticizing you or everything you had to say. I just wanted to point that out to make sure anyone else who came by and saw the thread would be clear on it. :)

no worries...it's the internet

Hard to tell context :-p

I promise all is good

-Kyo

You know, it's a shame. Annie got the opportunity of a lifetime and so she screwed up. So be it. Now if she wasn't wild-crazy-desperate-crying-whiney-paranoid-exaggeration girl, she could have had a really fun time and enjoyed the few days she had left in the house and by a hugh stroke of luck possibly managed to acquire the votes to stay.

She needed to take a page from Brian's book. He knew he was leaving but took the time to produce and showcase the infamous sock puppet show. Jeff was another one who was there to have fun and enjoy himself too.

Annie has not only alienated the HG but the viewing audience too. I really hope they don't bring her back in the house.

You know, it's a shame. Annie got the opportunity of a lifetime and so she screwed up. So be it. Now if she wasn't wild-crazy-desperate-crying-whiney-paranoid-exaggeration girl, she could have had a really fun time and enjoyed the few days she had left in the house and by a hugh stroke of luck possibly managed to acquire the votes to stay.

She needed to take a page from Brian's book. He knew he was leaving but took the time to produce and showcase the infamous sock puppet show. Jeff was another one who was there to have fun and enjoy himself too.

Annie has not only alienated the HG but the viewing audience too. I really hope they don't bring her back in the house.

I was really surprised to turn on the feeds today and see her socializing and not sitting in corners talking the game. She should have done this right after she was nom'd. She just acts so needy all the time and it's so annoying.

I don't really like her but at least with her in the house there is some sort of excitement. Rachel irritates me more than Annie ever could and it's stupid to not get rid of the boremance. Annie could be taken out next week.

Half true. Rachel did not talk in the voice Annie used to tell everyone her story. Rachel did smirk and stared Annie down as she walked away. She could have done the wave thing, but neither of the cameras could see Rachel at that point.

Thanks lala :popcorn2: It DID sound a bit much hearing Annie explain it, I was just curious.

Archived