Thursday's Live Show 7/19

I think it is interesting that once again CBS censored Dick's verbal attack on Kail. It was longer and worse than that, and he came in and did it twice, and his own daughter had to ask him twice to stop. But I'm sure CBS has its reasons.

I agree with you, Gingersnaps. I would be bored out of my mind if all of the hated houseguests left. That's what happened in season one, when America voted. We voted out all of the interesting people!! I also appreciate the houseguests for their entertainment value, first and foremost.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Xal... I remember you taking issue with people making judgements based on the things Jen has said and done. But, in your post, you are passing judgement on what you feel Dick *may or may not* do. Don't you feel that is just a tad bit more questionable? You're creating a persona for him that he may not possess. You're posting that he is about to physically hurt someone, you just know it, mark your words, etc. You're giving him a label he may never earn! I find that to be much more irresponsible and reprehensible than simply having an opinion on things that have actually taken place.

Predicting that someone who has PROVEN anger issues (Dick has said it himself and it has shown in the house) can or will snap is irresponsible and reprehensible? I think you need to look up both those words. Dick has told someone in the house he can't wait to feel their windpipe crush under his fingers. You don't think that's violent?

I'm only going to say this once. I made a prediction in this thread, one that is NOT against forum rules. If people continue to attack ME personally over this, I'm not going to continue to bite my tongue.

Keep on topic, the live show, and stop directing your ire at me please.

Cat, that is a big problem with CBS and I guess any other channel that airs shows such as these. They can manipulate the show any way they want. Also, who knows how many actual votes there are for each on line poll. Also, I always make note of the way they strategically air the live votes...they sorta, kinda know who is voting for who and always leave a chance of change for the end.

..but it's ok to call people whores, question their intelligence and other things as long as you don't like them even though you don't know them?

I'm not going to argue with you tonight Fizzle.

Dick said he wanted to crush Jen's throat during the veto. It is fact that Dick has admitted he has major anger issues. He has shown that in the house.

Anger issues can lead to violence, especially when pushed to the limit.

Thus, it is perfectly all right to see something like that happening, especially when Dick is surrounded by a few people he seriously hates.

Do you not see him shaking and his voice wavering when he gets angry and starts talking in that low voice? That's not normal.

uhhh i have never ever called anyone a whore. i dont use that word. i find it disgusting. so for you to insinuate that i said that kinda upsets me.

an while i will admit that i think dick does voice his opinions a little too much and his choice of words are not for the faint of hearts, i have not witnessed him get physical or raise his hand to anyone. like i said before, i have heard worse over sunday dinner. and there has never been any violence at any sunday dinner in our family.. just poor choices of words and lots of screaming.

so yes, i do think there is a difference between calling someone dumb and saying someone is going to be violent. they are on opposite ends of the scale.

edited: to add that i posted this in response to Xal's post to mine on the previous page and not to continue anything. i am done.

Someone in your house during Sunday dinner has threatened to murder another person at the table?

Look, nothing you will ever say will change my mind about Dick and nothing I ever say to you will change your mind, so why are we discussing this? We just had a big talk about fighting on the OOC forums. I'm not about to go back to the way things were so why don't we agree to disagree on this topic?

I guess in a way I should be happy that they showed him verbally attack anyone at all, though. And if they showed all of it, it would take many, many minutes of show time that they didn't have. But I suspect they leave it out so that they won't get a bunch of letters demanding he leave the house (from people who only watch the show and not the feeds).

Yes, exactly like Brittney, Babyblues! We tend to want to take out the liars, and that unfortunately takes out the great BB players.

Did anyone else notice how composed and non-twitchy Eric was during his message to Joe?? He seemed very confident!

That why if I have a favorite, it is Eric. I think he is probably a very secure, intelligent peron, playing an odd character.

I'm only going to say this once. I made a prediction in this thread, one that is NOT against forum rules. If people continue to attack ME personally over this, I'm not going to continue to bite my tongue.

Keep on topic, the live show, and stop directing your ire at me please.

:animated_shocking: Whoa! I am not in the least bit angry, not one bit. I stated an opinion, just as you did. In my world, an opposing opinion does not equal attacking. :animated_shocking:

Yes, exactly like Brittney, Babyblues! We tend to want to take out the liars, and that unfortunately takes out the great BB players.

Did anyone else notice how composed and non-twitchy Eric was during his message to Joe?? He seemed very confident!

Yayyyyy!!! A Britt luver!! :animated_bouncy:

I noticed that about Eric, too. He probably felt great to finally be able to "tell" someone about it.

Fizzle...I really like your ferrets. Have you ever seen the calendars with ferrets? I LOVE the picture of the one playing the drums!

LMAO Fizzle! I woulda loved hearing that story. :animated_scratchchin:

Joking aside, I think the same sort of discussion took place with Ivette's word usage. I don't think for a second that Dick really wanted to crush the girl's throat. I think that's just his way of expressing his anger. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just how he is. I believe on Tuesday's show Daniele said something along the lines of those same words to Nick. I also didn't think she meant it literally.

I will say that personally, I have a strong temper & I can/have/will verbally slice someone to pieces because I have a sharp toungue and can read people to know their weak points (although I try not to do this even when very angry)...but I have been in some situations where physical violence was almost called for & still didn't take it there. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong about whether Evil has the capability...I'm just saying what I'm saying.

I also watched him calmly talking with her about how her unitard looked best...

He was mad and said dumb stuff. I've done it too.

Its not like he threw a chair or had to be restrained by other houseguests or anything *cough-cough*

throwing punches over bb is so lame. i rather discuss :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

Archived