"kids These Days.."

BBNut

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of youth I noticed that we have quite a few Morty's members of the younger crowd this season. They are the ones enjoying the direction the show has taken. I think it is some of the more mature (older) BB fans are not so happy.

hummmmmm :hammer:

I'll tell ya what boo!

As a member of the 2o years old I will VERIFY in my opinion how spoiled this age group is. People born a few years ago and such have darn near nothing to fear or respect anymore. Parents can't spank their kids because it's abuse now. If people yell at them it's negligence. Oh not my family though. I am 28 right now and when I messed up...oh yeah I got it. Today I am respectful, married to a lovely women, ad only minorly deviant :-p

But to get back on track I gotta say there is some truth. Not all of my age groups are whores, druggies, or whatever they want to over generalize with. People can be good but there ses to be so much spoiling. Parents are too lazy in some cases to discipline and want the rest of the world to do the work. Teachers are afraid to get close to students lest they be sued as statuatory rapists. In turn when the kids become as some do, the parents freak out and wonder who failed them. Well folks, it's been proven over and over in hundreds of sociological studies...look inside your own house.

So no boo don't be afraid, frankly I am ashamed out how people treat people at my age group and younger. Before anyone get's up in arms let me just say I was this way for quite a while until one day I got a reality boot-to-the-skull. It hurt...but then again, it healed me.

I still like the show for entertainment value and I still don't agree with generalizing but hey, that's just my opinion.

-Kyo

This may be a little OFF TOPIC but in response to some comments you just made ILoveDaniele. I think you are saying that if parents knocked their kids upside the head then we would see better behaved kids?

I never ONCE spanked or hit my daughter. She is a beautiful 31 years old now and was a joy as a teenager and a joy now. I think it is all about the time and effort you put into raising your children and not if you spanked or "disciplined" them as people like to call hitting.

I think these children on the show probably had parents that didn't invest much in parenting them but at a certain age I would say around 16 you make choices about what kind of an adult you want to be. JMO.

Parents can't spank their kids because it's abuse now. If people yell at them it's negligence. Oh not my family though. I am 28 right now and when I messed up...oh yeah I got it.

I was this way for quite a while until one day I got a reality boot-to-the-skull. It hurt...but then again, it healed me.

Sounds like physical discipline to me.

Anyway again if parents get involved and are a part of their children's everyday lives there would be far less messed up adults such as most of them in the Big Brother house this year.

OH!!! I get it

total total mis type....

that was all my fault...the boot-to-the-skull I received was because I was a spoiled jerk as a youngen until some girl I liked told me off and reality hit me hard

and the 'oh yeah I got it part' was just a mere spanking

so sorry :-p

wow that was totally my fault

-Kyo

I don't happen to believe in spankings either. I know I am the minority here but I think there are so many better ways to discipline.

anyway...... kids these days!

As a 23 year old, I have to say, these HG's behaviours are gross. In no way, shape, or form have I ever acted like this. I find it appaling. And I agree, sometimes kids do need a good swat, and not sent to their room for punishment where nowadays they have access to a computer or a TV or anything else you can imagine. But that's just IMO.

yeah.. i know what you are talking about.. do you know how draining it is to empty out a room fully stocked with excitement for a teen??

not only draining, but i hurt myself in the process too... by the time i was done.. i had bruises all over my legs and arms from knocking into the door frame each time i passed it with an arm full of video game consoles or a box of game controllers... and forget what happened when i lifted the TV by myself...

:glare: after that great learning lesson (more for me than him) i decided that future punishment would now take place in the kitchen... and thru haircuts. :ninja:

Never send a kid to their room for punishment!! Too much enjoyment in their bedrooms these days.

Lots of chores is the best way to go and take away any allowance they get for a week.

I don't happen to believe in spankings either. I know I am the minority here but I think there are so many better ways to discipline.

Absolutely! Like cutting bits n pieces off of em.

I believe in both, bein a baby boomer the rod was never spared, my kids all 4 of them are grown now with the oldest at 40 and the youngest at 30. They think I had the right combo of both, I beat some ass, and I also stripped their worlds a few times of the material goodies they so enjoyed, let us just say i never played around i meant business and I do think that the biggest problem nowadays is the fact that the family unit is all but gone, noone sits down to a dinner together, and the kids are raising themselves, there way too much audio and video stimulation and the fact that that stimulation is the parents of the kids growing up now, not a parent talking and putting down ideas and morals and values, these kids have far too much time on their hands and are recieving too much stimulious from the wrong sources, just saying, and by the way Ilovedaniele I totally heard what you were sayin.

Joy, that is what I meant when I said I stripped their worlds a few times, I even took off the bedroom dooors a few times thru the yrs, I damn well was gonna know just what they were doin or tryin to do,lol. I also cut them off financially, and in extream instances, I beat some ass, yep I sure did

You know, these younger HG's are, in part, a reflection of their parents. Personally, I love to be around the twenty-somethings in my life - they are pretty well grounded, like to have fun, but are not offensive. Hell, even though I am 42 - I feel and probably act at times much younger. LOL I have known plenty of 'older more mature" people that act as bad or worse than some of these young 'uns.

Why not just give them all a spanking, blame their parents for being lazy in their rearing and let's move on to the topic of 'grown-ups these days' (mind you I will be the first to point out my flaws!)

I am with you betsnow, the youg ones I work with are awesome, they really keep me grounded and young at heart and I am way older thatn 40,lol

I'm all for respecting kids and showing them love and affection but i think they have to kinda fear you a bit and the consequences you bring in order to stay in check. I'm not talking about hitting or anything but just instill that fear that you might hit them. LOL

when I said I beat some ass, that was definately an exaggeration, in a few extreme cases they did get some corporal punishment, but also I took the tough love way, a combo of both worked well, we talk about is at times and they all say they were hell on wheels and I did what I had to do at the time, it was never easy and sometimes harsh a battle of the fittest,lol, I will give respect where respect is due, but I am not ever going to pussy foot around something that I see as Bull you know what, we are all pretty much "Tell it like it is " in our family.

i hope i never implied that about kids these days ...i have one(19) and he and his friends are AMAZING! i know they'll do a whole lot better than we've done for them. i think it's more a reality tv people thing, honestly. i mean, look at sheila, she's older than me...and i think she's acting nutty; though hopefully she's more stable in real life, around her son.

eta...we never hit our kids...and they're great. reason for not hitting? i was never hit...we were really good kids...but my husband was hit BAD and really hated it...had massive rage at the beatings of "the old country". before we got married he said he could never hit a child of his because he thought it would bring his rage back and he'd never stop hitting. this is what we do: we say no as little as possible...for example they don't have to match their clothes...but when we say no it's absolute...and the consequence...eg." no computer for a week" is absolute and non-negotiable, no backsies. so far it's worked well. nobody's perfect, of course...especially not me...and everyone is different.

Glad to hear it. Frankly, I was worried about this generation. Here's hoping that everyone in their 20s doesn't have to curse every other word. Kind of shows a limited vocabulary, doesn't it?

Oh, and maybe and "excuse me" after burping. I wondered how they were going to get on in the workplace with manners like these?

It's a wonder more kids don't grow up like the example we're watching.

2 parents working to pay house and car payments, latch key kids, TV bombarding them with promiscuity

even on daytime TV, Music videos and Rap music that leaves nothing to the imagination.... etc., etc.

Not to mention the generation before that started the Sexual Revolution and easy access to drugs.

BUT... the parents that were able to stick to their guns thru all this have a lot to be commended for.

and, sad, but true... I've seen some kids that were sooo head strong... even the best parent couldn't control them.

Again - I find myself lucky to work and be around the 20 somethings that seem to have turned out to be

really neat individuals.

I send out positive VIBS to all the Moms and Dads that are raising kids today... You need all the help you can get :2thumbsup:

"Sure, she's a skank but kids today have a different perception (I think) then people in their 30's, 40's, etc. "

That is just one example. There are plenty more on the boards.

The big brother house guests are NOT representative of people in their 20s. I'm tired of people insulting anyone in their 20s by lumping us all in a big group saying that my generation is all like them.

Since it is my quote that started this thread, I would like to clarify what I meant by the quote. By no means did I want to disrespect anyone in their 20's or imply that all 20 year olds act like the HG's. What I was trying to say is that, and again it's my opinion, that young adults today are more liberal minded--things probably don't shock them as say I was shocked when I was their age. For example, I have a 19 year old son and he talks freely to me about his sex life and is more accepting of alternative behaviors. He talks about his penis and other things. I would NEVER talk to my mother about sex, nor she to me. 20 years ago, I had never seen two women (or two men) kiss on TV. Within the last 5 years it has become more main stream. The internet makes it so that the younger generation has more accessibility to things that I did not. So, I was not implying that all 20 year olds are wild and crazy and show their breasts on national TV or do stripteases but rather that it

Big MD girl...

I totally agree that that age group is not one bit surprised or shocked about anything that is on the feeds

or on this show.

Jerry Springer has stuff on most of the time that's as raunchy as what's been shown on BB this 'go round'.

BUT.... I hope BB isn't heading slowly down that road.

Archived