Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Celebrity Big Brother 2008

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

bb11addict

bb11addict

• LFU
  • 421 posts
everyone sounds excited about a possible celebrity edition

but, there is one big problem that not everyone realizes

if anyone else has looked over the celebrity editions in the UK

there is one thing that is different from the normal edition of the show

the celebrity editions of the show last between 8 days and 26 days

celebrity UK 2001 - 8 days
celebrity UK 2002 - 10 days
celebrity UK 2005 - 18 days
celebrity UK 2006 - 23 days
celebrity UK 2007 - 26 days

which is not very much time at all. where would CBS start? 1 week? 4 weeks?

so a celebrity edition wouldn't be filling much of a gap

but a month long celebrity edition in january, february, or march might be exciting

which for me would be nice to hold me over until JULY when BB9 airs

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
BB8Addict makes a very valid point.

The longer they want to keep celebrities in the house, the shorter the list gets of quality people. Who wants to watch a bunch of washed up TV actors who all have been on the Love boat and Murder She Wrote (countless times). animated_bouncy.gif

TCS

TCS

• Pip
  • 3,571 posts
Uhhhh....Isn't there a show called "The Surreal Life" were has-been Celebs live together in a house???? I think Celeb BB would be too much like it. animated_rotfl.gif Just sayin!

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
TCS wrote:
Uhhhh....Isn't there a show called "The Surreal Life" were has-been Celebs live together in a house???? I think Celeb BB would be too much like it. animated_rotfl.gif Just sayin!

Damn..... I should have thought of that. That's pretty much what it would be. For some reason, I have never seen that show. Is it as good as Dancing with the Stars? smile.gif

LenLen702

LenLen702

• Pip
  • 146 posts
It's bad enough that BB likes to put 'semi-celebrities-wannabe' on the show....pls don't let this happen...

TCS

TCS

• Pip
  • 3,571 posts
QUOTE(echo)
Damn..... I should have thought of that. That's pretty much what it would be. For some reason, I have never seen that show. Is it as good as Dancing with the Stars? smile.gif

I have only watched bits and pieces of "The Surreal Life".....it was too horrible to watch! I watch Talk Soup on E' sometimes and they would sometimes show a silly clip from that show. Anyways......CelebBB would be a mess to watch......pleeeeese no Celebs....... pray2.gif JMHO pixiedust.gif
As popular as BB is.....I just don't think that they could get really good Celebs.

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Bleg, no celebrities.... that would suck....

bb9hopeful

bb9hopeful

• Pip
  • 33 posts
As popular as BB is.....I just don't think that they could get really good Celebs.

Exactly. They would get the no-name wanna-be celebrities who would be more involved with furthering their acting careers than actually playing the game. It would be no strategy, just a bunch of drama for no reason other than popularity. NO THANKS.

Just go back to casting 14 strangers and let them work it out.

Better yet, just pick me! naughty.gif

A_BB_Aholic

A_BB_Aholic

• Pip
  • 994 posts
I'd be cool with them doing a celebrity BB in the winter....then I wouldn't have to be sad about missing it. lol
BTW, I enjoyed some of the surreal lifes...thought it was hilarious to see former 'stars' and their drama and all...but it would be crap for BB

Francis_3

Francis_3

• Pip
  • 4,399 posts
If Danny D, Screetch and Johnny Fairplay were locked in the house together, I'd watch. Talk about your trainwreck.

Catniptoy

Catniptoy

• Pip
  • 3,518 posts
But would they have auditions for everyday people if they were going to have a celebrity edition?

I still say a child star BB would be great, though. Imagine the Brady's and the Partridge family, all together in the house. Jan stabbing Marcia in the back by teaming up with Danny. That would be reality t.v. gold.

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Sure hope not.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
no celebs!

TCS

TCS

• Pip
  • 3,571 posts
Oh lord....no Screetch....that AH ruined Celeb Fit Club for me. Now Celeb Fit Club is a show I enjoy. (before Screetch).
If Screetch....was ever on BB.....I'd never ever watch it!!!!!! JMHO pixiedust.gif

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Francis wrote:
If Danny D, Screetch and Johnny Fairplay were locked in the house together, I'd watch. Talk about your trainwreck.

Not sure who is "Danny D" unless you are meant Danny Bonaduce. The idea of Screetch on any TV show gives me the shivers. animated_bouncy.gif

ericsturrock

ericsturrock

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,208 posts
BUT.......... isnt already CLEAR as day we not gonna have no Celeb BB, with the commericals, and audtions sooner then ever aint it as clear as seeing thru the clear window

bb11addict

bb11addict

• LFU
  • 421 posts
well, even if they were going to have a celebrity edition

do you think that they want us to know?

absolutely not.

so they have those commercials so we don't think about it

or at least, that's what i would do if i were them

make people think that its going to be big brother 9

while actually working on celebrity big brother

wouldn't you do the same?

TCS

TCS

• Pip
  • 3,571 posts
I'd think if they really were going to do a celebBB they would be all over the TV hawking it. JMHO pixiedust.gif

Joah

Joah

• Pip
  • 1,514 posts
I agree. If they were going to do a celebrity version which I would personally love.... I think it would have come out by now.

GingerSnaps

GingerSnaps

• Pip
  • 18,329 posts
Yeah, a celebrity BB might just be the ticket for summer fun. They could put Rosie O, Britney and Lindsey in the house. Give them weapons...I'd watch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users