House Calls / Town Hall / Marcellas and Gretchen

bdr

OK folks, I really have a problem with the Marcellas bashing.

As some will remind me whenever possible, Marcellas and I had a disagreement last year. So for the record ( And Marcellas, I hope you see this) and to end the the rumors:

Marcellas, I would like to publicly apologize to you for our disagreement last year. I think we both overreacted, but i do think I was at fault (after what you said to me then and things I have heard you say since). So please accept my apology and hopefully no hard feelings. I am willing to admit when I am wrong, and I crossed a line last year without knowing it, but I apologize.

Ok, now onto the topic. While I don;t agree with Marcellas on everything he says or does on HC's, I am still a huge fan and think he does a great job. What people don;t seem to understand is that, Gratchen and Marcellas are the hosts of a show that is about opinions. Whose opinions? Well, the viewers, yes, but everyone tunes in to see what Gretchen and Marcellas have to say. Most of the questions are things we all have thought or wondered about, and it is the reactions from the hosts that we are looking for. You have Marcellas, who has been in the house, and Gratchen who hasn't, so you get differing views, and alot of laughs, and a cringe or 2.

As for the interviews? Although I would be the first one that would vote to have harsher interviews, I think they have done a great job. With the first 4 evicted, they had to censor a bit becuase they were being sequestered and they couldn;t taint the game. With the 2nd interview with Kaysar, everything was up for discussion and they did a great job (not to mention, Kaysar was able to show a realy relaxed side of himself that we hadn;t seen and he was damn funnny)

As for evil Jen, Gretchen and Marcellas had to go easy so as not to taint the jury. Would I have liked to see them really dig into her? YES, but only if it was a week earlier. I actually give them a great deal of credit for tactfully handling the interview, butu definately letting their opinions be known without compromising the game. That takes talent and restraint.

In closing, Marcellas, I hope you accept my apology and their are no hard feelings, but if not, that's ok too. I still support you and HC's. You and Gretchen really do make the show more fun.

For fans of HC's, rmember, although Gretchen and Marcellas are fans like us, they also have to be professional and not taint the game. We all know that the first time they do, Arnold will be getting petitions, hate mail and phone calls and he has asked for that not to happen :) It is a job for them people, they have to play by the rules to kep the game pure. Don;t hate them for that, just look forward to the finale interviews.

And finally, anyone calling into HC's, NO SHOUT OUTS TO MORTYS< JOKERS OR ANY OTHER SITE. I didn;t put 2 and 2 together when marcellas first asked nicely that people not do this. Then it continued to happen and he finally explained and it makes sense.

All of those sites are not official BB sites. The only official BB site is CBS.com. CBS.com has chat, message boards etc. They do not want unofficial sites stealing their traffic and that makes sense. So forbidding "shout outs" is not being rude, it is what CBS wants and Marcellas has to abide by that. Don;t hate him for it. Hell, I actually go into the CBS boards and find different opinions than you find here. So it is all good, but respect the fact that BB is a CBS show and they want the traffic. Don't hate Marcellas or Gretchen because they are the messengers. It is their job.

Dep

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shockalot

Depeche.. Its ok buddy. I got into some sort of argument with Marcellus earlier this season.

The difference being I was right and he was wrong so I can't really apologise with all the intensity you are going for.

Still, just calm down and give Marcellus credit - he is not some fragile little Faberge Egg who needs such careful attention here.

Mind you, I never seen anyone get so upset over the term 'Manwife' but whatever.

Its not like I called him 'Marcy' which I may or may not have done repeatedly (but endearingly) during BB3's entire season.

Then again, I am happy to admit that Marcellus appearance on 'Yes, Dear' was one of the funniest things seen on Sitcom TV in recent years.

Never seen Housecalls.

I heard its pretty good?

is anybody a fan of big brother house calls? i love marcellus and gretchen and their bashing and flaming of the sheeps. lol. but thats probably just because i'm rooting for the other team. if i actually liked the friendship, then i probably hate housecalls. they should make some 24/7 big brother channel or radio station or like some late night show about bb. Something similar to sportscenter or something haha.

I love Housecalls. Gretchen is the best player in Big Brother history because she didn't even have to play the game to get her own talk show. (everyone who calls in always worships Marcellas. Though I love him too, I feel bad that she is left out sometimes.)

They do rag on the friendship alliance, but they also show respect to callers who disagree with them. Usually. Until the hang up and can no longer fight back. :P The bias is what makes Housecalls fun. But then again, if Janelle and Howie leave, I'll watch Housecalls instead of the show until the finale. So I might be a biased sample.

I was so turned off by this guy. When Marcellas asked him why they edited the show in such a way that America never got to see Ivette's racist comments he said that they weren't important to the story. What a load. Revealing this aspect of her character is core to the story.

He seemed very put off by Marcellas even questioning his editing decisions. And considering he was a guest on Marcellas' show seemed to not give Marcellas basic respect - called him stupid. Marcellas said he felt like he was with his parent.

This guy gave me some insight into why the show is so poorly edited. Power tripping, egomaniac with little talent. Thank goodness for the live feeds.

I did not care for him at all. If he didn't want to be there, don't be there.

If he had explained why he was so defensive, I think I could have understood it. But that episode was surreal in its awkwardness, with Marcellas trying to please, Gretchen trying to soothe and co-ordinate, and Don just sulking.

Give me Arnold openly rallying against insane fans over this passive-aggressive Wollman weirdness anyday.

Yeah I didn't like that guy at all either.

He automatically went on the defensive for every single question that was asked.

And just his whole attititude sucked.

AND who the hell cares about his freaking baseball shirt.. I can't even remember what the hell he was talking about... I just know it took up way too much time!

Wish they would've had Arnold back on there.. least he seemed to have had a better personality than that guy.

I wish the whole production staff would be fired. This season has been a dud production-wise, and they sure seem to be phoning it in. Shapiro was more charismatic, but he lied just as much as Wollman did. All this talk about the integrity of storytelling is a load of nonsense. We all know they edit the story to their liking whether they want to admit it or not. I sure would like the HG's to sweat more over the BB gods than they have been this year. It's almost like production is their b!tch this year. It's sad.... but I'm hoping for a new team.

I just watched that episode of housecalls and i must say the guy irritated me. He seems annoyed to be there and very put off. He never really answered anything directly. Kinda just talked and said alot of words without REALLY saying anything.

I feel though that the racists comments and other things they leave out are in fact part of the game play and are very importatn to the game. It shows their true characters and it shows what they think and how they feel ..which in turn will come out in how they play the game and what plans and pacts they make.

I think that had to be the worse guest on housecalls.. but none the less Gretchen and Marcellus were still entertaining ...especially for what they had to work with.

I think that had to be the worse guest on housecalls.. but none the less Gretchen and Marcellus were still entertaining ...especially for what they had to work with.

Naw, the psychologist who was promoting her book was by far the worst HC guest of all time. That was a total waste of time.

What a boring gimp. I especially didn't care for the patronizing way he addressed Marcellas and the callers. Listening to this man was about as thrilling as watching flies f*ck & gave new insight into why the "Summer of Secrets" has been so *cough* exciting thus far.

America never got to see Ivette's racist comments he said that they weren't important to the story.  What a load.  Revealing this aspect of her character is core to the story. 

Amen. And how exactly did the Beau's chocolate pee pee shower peep-show episode push the story along??? They sure devoted A LOT of time to that.

Fire this man.

Credit where credit is due though and it's good to see there is no bigger critic of Big Brother than Housecalls.

I was quite surprised when I first watched it that the major issues were raised - I expected them to be completly in the pocket of the producers!

A question though - last week did they discuss the issue of the live feeds being suspended for a whole day?

If anyone out there has not watched today's Housecalls, you have got to go to CBS.com and watch it ..... Marcellas and Gretchen were all over the Friendsheep and their "lying ways" ..... Evilette's crying jag and just how horrible they all are. It has to be one of the best ones so far!!!!!! :D

If anyone out there has not watched today's Housecalls, you have got to go to CBS.com and watch it ..... Marcellas and Gretchen were all over the Friendsheep and their "lying ways" ..... Evilette's crying jag and just how horrible they all are.  It has to be one of the best ones so far!!!!!! :D

Wasn't it great? I loved it!!!!

Oh my gosh I love Marcellas and Gretchen!!!!!!!

08/31/2005 HC shows was so incredibly funny! I loved his laughing and I always enjoy his candor. I swear, he ALWAYS says what I am thinking. He hits it on the nail with his comments.

If you haven't watched HC, you all should watch it!...

I agree with Marc ... Barely 40 is calling Busto!

Guest just for fun
What a boring gimp.  I especially didn't care for the patronizing way he addressed Marcellas and the callers.  Listening to this man was about as thrilling as watching flies f*ck & gave new insight into why the "Summer of Secrets" has been so *cough* exciting thus far.

Amen.  And how exactly did the Beau's chocolate pee pee shower peep-show episode push the story along???  They sure devoted A LOT of time to that.

Fire this man.

and what exactly did aprils smoking have to do with the story line yet they devoted a whole segment to her being "not a smoker"