House Calls / Town Hall / Marcellas and Gretchen

bdr

OMG I can not believe this thread. First of all if your child is watching housecalls and knows what it means to "do" someone, then they are probably old enough to handle it and laugh it off. If you read these threads how can you be offened that someone said he would do someone . No matter what the sexual orientation is. Second of all I personally would rather see someone like Marcellas be a parent than half of the parents out there. Just pick up a paper any given day to see the cruelty some kids go through. If a surrogate was used it would just as much the other persons child as it is the surrogates. Atleast it is done out of love. What about all the parents who just abandon there kids because ofshelfish reasons and go have more kids to do it to them. I hope one day you do have kids Marcellas. I truely think you could show them what being loved unconditionally is all about. You will never please everyone so way bother trying. Just as long as you like who you are is all that really matters. The bonus is how many other people really enjoy your personality.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched housecalls for the first time last week and you gained a fan...now after reading this thread you have gained an admirer as well. It's a shame that some people just dont' get it....I hope when your clock starts ticking you have an angel out there for you as well...

I just hope for every fan I lose I gain 100.  I try very hard to do a good job and be amusing!  Not everyone is going to get it but I hope most do!

Respect and love y'all!

This is my first season watching Housecalls and I am now a Marcellas groupie. I just watched Friday's housecalls and was impressed the way Marcellas kept pushing Eric for the truth. I was expecting Eric to jump out of his chair and shout, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH".

Keep up the good work :D

OMG - just opened this thread for the first time to check out what all the fuss was about . . .

HI MARCELLAS!!!!!! Thought you did a fantastic job in keeping your cool with Cappy Crappy. You also did an amazing job of putting him in his place. This was the first time I've ever watched housecalls, and loved it so much I'm going to watch it from now on.

Please add me to the plus column of fans you've gained :)

PS Say hi to AMY for me!!!!!

And LISA!!!!!

I just got finished watching the interview with Mr Integrity ( meant in complete sarcasim lol) and I wanted to say BRAVO..excellent job. I can only imagine how difficult it was to interview this man...A man who only lives by his morals and integregity when it is convient for him.  I think you guys did an awesome job. I dont think I could've personally handled myself as well as you guys did. lol Marcellas you could tell at times you wanted to lose your cool but I think overall you did very well getting your point across and you didnt stoop to his level..I applaud that.  I am however curious exactly how difficult was that interview? was it something you dreaded or looked forward to?  Also I'm curious who from the last season was the worse one to interview and the best/must fun? Who are you looking forward to interviewing from this season? 

Again a great job to both of you for talking to a difficult man and handling yourselves so great.

BamaDess!  Good questions.  It was hard to interview Eric.  I did not like how he played the game.  It's also hard because we have to be courteous and fair to each HG no matter what we think about their game.  I liked Eric when I interviewed him before he went into the BB6 House.  I have no doubt he's a great person, loving father and husband and great firefighter.

My fave interview last season was Jase.  I know he wasn't well liked in the BB5 house but I loved the fun and craziness he brought to the game.  I also liked Holly.  I love the HG's that are fun and don't take themselves too seriously. I wasn't all that excited to interview the twins last year.  I didn't like their game.  I did however like them once I met them.  They were sweet girls who I think over-played.  I hope I helped get out their side of the story.

As far as interviews I see them as a place to let the HG tell their side and to act as an advocate for the fans.  Remember I'm a huge fan of BB the series.

I agree you guys did a great job with the interview (it would have been nice if you could have grilled him longer to really call him out though)

You guys did a superb job with the calls in the second half and how you broke down Eric and his stay in the house.

Absolutely loved it.

I love how you knew what he said better than he did. :lol:
Eric was broken down to "well I'd have to review the tapes" on there.  Funny stuff, for sure.  Good job by Marcellas to be prepped to put Eric on the spot with the lies that he told...

i think that the outrage regarding the "i'd do him comment" is because it was man on man action. gretchen called eric an a-hole today, why no outrage about this?

i love house calls i love both gretchen and marcellas. personally i'd do either one of them.

marcellas, your personality (including when you lose your composure) is so appealing to me and physically you are a gorgeous man. keep doing what you are doing because it is magic.

tell gretchen she's a doll and i love her humor and personality.

as for a six year old watching house calls, i personally wouldn't let my child watch it. no offense but it's i don't think it's appropriate for young children.

as for the whole discussion about gay parenting.... i'm at a loss for words. straights don't have the corner on the market of good parenting skills.

Guest Shockalot
as for the whole discussion about gay parenting.... i'm at a loss for words.  straights don't have the corner on the market of good parenting skills.

Actually, yes they do.

Thats where all babies come from - One Man and One Woman.

Cornering the market is an understatement .. Straights OWN the market outright including the ground the market is built on!

Speaking of cornering the market... I just realised what could possibly explain some things.

Anyone (Cheshire) who can tell me how much they pay for the baby?

Seriously.. how much.

Round off to the nearest thousand is fine.

Im just curious?

I thought Morty's Big Brother board was a place to discuss Big Brother and not spout political views or debates on Homosexuality and gays with childern. I very disappointed that this discussion is allowed to continue in the Big Brother Forum, Mods you could move it to an appropriate Forum.

Guest Shockalot
I thought Morty's Big Brother board was a place to discuss Big Brother and not spout political views or debates on Homosexuality and gays with childern.  I very disappointed that this discussion is allowed to continue in the Big Brother Forum, Mods you could move it to an appropriate Forum.

I know that whenever I read something I dont like it is deemed 'Spouting' or 'Spewing'.

Then I accuse them of being full of hatred.

(Because Im right and good so if its contrary to me then it must be 'Spewing Hate).

Listen, Im with you to a certain extent Anne but even after I pulled out and asked for PM's if anyone wanted to discuss my side - people still felt the petty self-righteous need to come and post insult comments at me.

I dont even reply to a third of them anyway but they still keep it up.

The good news - this topic was going to blow open sooner or later as a certain crowd on here will gang together to chastise anyone who happens to use an incorrect term as an aside in a post.

This particular thread became like a rocket-arena and so far everyone is loading it up HERE instead of all over the boards.

But thanks for requesting it be removed because its confusing you.

Nice.

It's not confusing me, I just think it's in the wrong forum. I want to read about Big Brother not your views on homosexuality or anybody elses for that matter.

One more thing, Shock you are not right, and I will leave it at that.

Guest cdmon

well dont read it. just that simple. i dont click on any topic that i dont want to read. i just ignore it.

well dont read it. just that simple. i dont click on any topic that i dont want to read. i just ignore it.

Well when I click the topic I thought it was about Marcellas and Housecalls which is about Big Brother, but when I started to read it I realized it was not, so I stopped reading and posted what I posted.

All I can say is WOW!

Shockalot, I have always enjoyed your posts, but this time, you just went past beingfunny and having a dark sense of humor, to flat out being a hate monger. I really cannot believe that you went to that place. I am disappointed and feel sorry for you. While I believe you have the right to express your opinions, I, as a gay male, also have the right to say that you are a bigot, and from what you have said in your posts, a dangerous person. The hate that you have spewed forth in this thread is unlike anything I would have ever imagined coming from you.. I am actually so upset right now, I can barely type. And not becuase of what you said, I have heard that kind of bullshit all my life. It is the fact that for 2 seasons now, you have been friendly to me, played friendly with me, hell, you even joked about sending me pics of your big ole horse penis in another thread. I knew you had conservative values, but I never thought you would actually preach hate.

You have lost a fan and friend on this site. And do not think it is because of your views, I have many friends with oppsing views to mine and we get along fine. It is the hate that you obviosly feel towards homosexuals.

May God judge you appropriately

A very saddened farewell

Dep

Guest powder_keg
I'm a reality star. . . Does it take away from "The Marcellas Mystique"? Maybe' date=' but I don't care . . . You helped make me one of if not the most famous BB alumni! Thank you!

And to the poster who thinks my long responses could hurt my career: thanks for your concern. But I have 5 model agents, 2 commercial agents, 2 acting agents, 1 hosting agent, 1 very impatient manager, 2 public appearance agents, 2 publicists and 1 business manager who are paid to worry about that.

[b']And such a modest man! Please! Spare me your delusional ego! For a man who 'claims' not to care, you sure are doing an extreme amount of protesting and grandstanding. If my career was as busy as you 'claim' yours to be, I wouldn't have time to list my entourage . . . or do you have someone to worry about that for you too?

You don't like me' date=' don't watch. You don't like the format, get your own web show. But be truthful about what your problem is.

[b']Okay, here's some truth. I don't like you, I don't watch. Problem solved.

I hope you are just saying this to shock and because you have nothing better to do. Administrators: Please take my name off this thread. I'm sickened by the hate that has been spewn here. Julie4evert I hope you are happy for opening this ugliness up.

Marcellas, I cannot believe you're going to blame me personally for other people's way of thinking. All I did was bring attention to your show House Calls and feel it should have an age verification on it because of what YOU personally have brought to the show. Don't blame me, blame your own actions Marcellas. You have seem to conveniently ignore the fact that I have said in many of my posts that I really liked you and that you were my favorite houseguest, even then I knew you were gay, duh. But since I disagreed with your actions on HouseCalls you have rallied your Fans to believe I am Homophobic. How dare you!! If Gretchen had gone on about her sexual needs on the show I would feel EXACTLY the same way, but since you are Gay you are using that to your benefit withing your own fan base and withing the Gay Community. Shame on you Marellas! Wow, when someone disagrees with you, you come out fighting dirty don't do? I have completly lost all respect for you. This really sux, I hope your proud of yourself.

You could of totally just listened to my advice and said you would take it under consideration, but you got yourself all riled up with your fans and joined them in attacking me. They call that being a Sheeple incase you didn't know. You can have all the Managers, Model Agents, acting Agents and Publicists in the world at your beck and call, it won't matter Marcllas if you attack your Fans the way have. Please come back to Reality. (No pun intended there.)

The TVGuide channel seems like a good choice for airing Housecalls. They deal mostly with reality tv shows, and they have had a show specifically dealing with American Idol. It seems as though a network like that would possibly air the show.

Edited to add: I just watched the show (both parts) and I have to say that you guys were brilliant! It's good to know that what is obvious to me about Eric is also obvious to both Marcellas and Gretchen. I loved it when she called Eric a little pipsqueak!!!! Eric is the worst type of hypocrite to me, because he feels he is the most moral person around, and yet doesn't stick to the moral boundaries to which he holds others. I also can't stand a person who will sit and lie when faced with the truth. Either he is lying, or he is insane. Thank you for calling him on the staring thing, especially! I was outraged that he had the nerve to try to attack Michael for glancing at him a few times, and also call him out a couple of times before that during the day for looking at him, then proceeded to stare down the other houseguests all night long. He is such a liar, even though he knows that everything is on tape, and he told his sheep that he was going to stare them down and intimidate them, yet he refuses to admit it. And by the way, Eric (in case you are reading this), Kaysar is more of a man than you will ever be, because even though you stared at him and his team all evening long, he didn't throw his chair, curse at you or treat you with anything but respect. You could learn a lot from Kaysar, Eric.

"Lot" I thought this was an interesting article for u to read

marcellus after doing James , Do me (i'm cute) :oops:

Central Park Zoo's gay penguins ignite debate

- Dinitia Smith, New York Times

Saturday, February 7, 2004

New York -- Roy and Silo, two chinstrap penguins at the Central Park Zoo in Manhattan, are completely devoted to each other. For nearly six years now, they have been inseparable. They exhibit what in penguin parlance is called "ecstatic behavior": That is, they entwine their necks, they vocalize to each other, they have sex. Silo and Roy are, to anthropomorphize a bit, gay penguins.

When offered female companionship, they have adamantly refused it. And the females aren't interested in them, either.

At one time, the two seemed so desperate to incubate an egg together that they put a rock in their nest and sat on it, keeping it warm in the folds of their abdomens, said their chief keeper, Rob Gramzay. Finally, he gave them a fertile egg that needed care to hatch. Things went perfectly, and a chick, Tango, was born.

For the next 2 1/2 months they raised Tango, keeping her warm and feeding her food from their beaks until she could go out into the world on her own. Gramzay is full of praise. "They did a great job," he said.

Roy and Silo are hardly unusual. Indeed, scientists have found homosexual behavior throughout the animal world.

This growing body of science has been increasingly drawn into charged debates about homosexuality in American society, on subjects from gay marriage to sodomy laws, despite reluctance from experts in the field to extrapolate from animals to humans. Gay groups argue that if homosexual behavior occurs in animals, it is natural, and therefore the rights of homosexuals should be protected. On the other hand, some conservative religious groups have condemned the same practices in the past, calling them "animalistic."

But if homosexuality occurs among animals, does that necessarily mean it is natural for humans? And that raises a familiar question: If homosexuality is not a choice, but a result of natural forces that cannot be controlled, can it be immoral?

The open discussion of homosexual behavior in animals is relatively new.

"There has been a certain cultural shyness about admitting it," said Frans de Waal, whose 1997 book, "Bonobo: The Forgotten Ape" (University of California Press), unleashed a torrent of discussion about animal sexuality.

Bonobos, apes closely related to humans, are wildly energetic sexually. Studies show that whether observed in the wild or in captivity, nearly all are bisexual and nearly half their sexual interactions are with the same sex. Females have been observed to engage in homosexual activity almost hourly.

Before his own book, "American scientists who investigated bonobos never discussed sex at all," said de Waal, director of the Living Links Center of the Yerkes Primate Center at Emory University in Atlanta. "Or they sometimes would show two females having sex together, and would say, 'The females are very affectionate.' "

Then in 1999, Bruce Bagemihl published "Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity" (St. Martin's Press), one of the first books of its kind to provide an overview of scholarly studies of same-sex behavior in animals. Bagemihl said homosexual behavior had been documented in some 450 species.

Last summer, the book was cited by the American Psychiatric Association and other groups in a "friend of the court" brief submitted to the Supreme Court in Lawrence vs. Texas, a case challenging a Texas anti-sodomy law. The court struck down the law.

In his book, Bagemihl describes homosexual activity in a broad spectrum of animals. He asserts that while same-sex behavior is sometimes found in captivity, it is actually seen more frequently in studies of animals in the wild.

Among birds, for instance, studies show that 10 to 15 percent of female western gulls in some populations in the wild are homosexual. Among mammals, male and female bottlenose dolphins frequently engage in homosexual activity, both in captivity and in the wild. Homosexuality is particularly common among young male dolphin calves. One male may protect another that is resting or healing from wounds inflicted by a predator. When one partner dies, the other may search for a new male mate.

Male and female rhesus macaques, a type of monkey, also exhibit homosexuality in captivity and in the wild. Males are affectionate to each other, touching, holding and embracing. Females smack their lips at each other and play games like hide-and-seek, peekaboo and follow the leader. And both sexes mount members of their own sex.

Some scientists say homosexual behavior in animals is not necessarily about sex. Marlene Zuk, a professor of biology at UC Riverside and author of "Sexual Selections: What We Can and Can't Learn About Sex From Animals" (University of California Press, 2002), notes that scientists have speculated that homosexuality may have an evolutionary purpose, ensuring the survival of the species. By not producing their own offspring, homosexuals may help support or nurture their relatives' young. "That is a contribution to the gene pool," she said.

Janet Mann, a professor of biology and psychology at Georgetown University who has studied same-sex behavior in dolphin calves, says their homosexuality "is about bond formation, not about being sexual for life."

She said studies show that adult male dolphins form long-term alliances, sometimes in large groups. As adults, they cooperate to entice a single female and keep other males from her. Sometimes they share the female, or they may cooperate to help one male.

"Male-male cooperation is extremely important," Mann said. The homosexual behavior of the young calves "could be practicing" for that later, crucial adult period, she added.

Scientists warn about drawing conclusions about humans. "For some people, what animals do is a yardstick of what is and isn't natural," Vasey said. "They make a leap from saying if it's natural, it's morally and ethically desirable."

But he added: "Infanticide is widespread in the animal kingdom. To jump from that to say it is desirable makes no sense. We shouldn't be using animals to craft moral and social policies for the kinds of human societies we want to live in. Animals don't take care of the elderly. I don't particularly think that should be a platform for closing down nursing homes."

What the animal studies do show, Zuk observed, is that "sexuality is a lot broader term than people want to think."

"You have this idea that the animal kingdom is strict, old-fashioned Roman Catholic," she said, "that they have sex just to procreate."

In bonobos, she noted: "you see expressions of sex outside the period when females are fertile. Suddenly, you are beginning to see that sex is not necessarily about reproduction."

Everyone here is getting off my original post or turning it inot something it's not. All I ever wanted to get across was the show House Calls has become adult oriented because of Marcellas's continual sexual comments. I am positive that most people could care less who Marcellas or Gretchen want to have sex with. Let me ask Marcellas a question. What would happen if I called your show and wanted to discuss how my husband and I had sex last night while watching Big Brother. I'm sure you'd hang up on me or tell me it's not relevant to discussion, so why is it any different for you Marcellas? Double standard? Marcellas alone has turned this debate into a Gay Bashing party. On Marcellas's website he hasn't eve bothered to discourage his fans to stop bashing me. I'm really shocked and dissapointed. If Marcellas continues to slander my name then he will leave me no choice to take it up with CBS. I demand an Apology from him.

Guest Shockalot

Congratulations.

Nothing will bring this thread to a screeching halt like the 'Gay Penguins' JunkScience Propaganda Crapola.

Duly noted that Penguins being held in captivity might very well exhibit behavior almost exactly like that of human males who have best friends and/or brothers.

Duly noted that Penguins and other animals 'Play Fight' and 'Play escape' and 'Play attack' as well as 'Play Mount' each other in obviously training exercises for the real animal world.

Duly noted that so far nobody has observed a male Penguin penetrating anothers rectum and/or fellating it.

Duly noted.

Thanks for that. I think that officially ends the whole thread.

Unless you are planning to copy and paste a huge article on 'The Gay Gene' now too?

p.s. A Hyperlink works too. Just a tip for ya.

You know I don't get the original topic for this thread....HC needs to have a age limit..I don't see anything on HC that isn't worse than what you see or hear about on the news. I mean come on you hear about murders and ppl throwing their babies in trash cans and sick horrible things and no one complains and says we need to put a rating on those such things...HC is supposed to be funny and it is. It is ppl like you that have that cause problems over nothing...If you don't want to hear who M wants to DO from the bb cast or G then I suggest maybe you take things a little bit too seriously...I also have been shocked on this thread that some ppl have turned against gays so much and then having kids.. I would much rather have a gay family have kids than what some ppl do to their own kids it doesn't matter what sex you are or if you are gay or straight you have a right to have children.....some ppl just shock my by their attuitude and make my wonder what kind of person they really are.. and I am going to leave at that.....

I wasn't paid for being a surrogate. I became a surrogate because my friend (who were partners for longer than most people's marriages last) could not adopt by law in their state.

It made me so angry that two loving people, who were kind to the core, were not "allowed" to adopt a child. There are so many children who need homes, and they weren't allowed to adopt because of their "lifestyle".

When I presented the idea to my husband, he thought it would be a wonderful thing to do. My husband was so supportive of me helping our friends.

They paid for the RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) to create the child. They went that route because they both wanted to be a part of thier child. I offered my egg to make it easier, but one of the partners sister donated the egg.

I gave birth in my state so that the juridiction of the childs parentage could proceed in my state. The state in which I live is thank goodness not a "conservative" state. Therefore they were able to be "Parent 1" and "Parent 2".

Therefore even though by law in their state they were not allowed to adopt, because the child was a product of a surrogacy and born in my state the laws regarding the child and his/her parentage had to take place in my more liberal state.

They paid for the medications, creation of the embryo, and the transfer of the embryo. They paid me with love and attention, but no monetary gifts. Where I live you can become a surrogate, but monetary gifts are forbidden. Besides, if I had to put a price on the actual part of being pregnant, it would be priceless. I don't think that any amount of money would make someone want to carry a child for people they don't truly care about.

When you become a woman "lots" let me know the price you would put on being pregnant. For a selfish person like you, I can imagine you would make someone pay "thousands" for the gift of carring a child.

And with that said, I am not answering anymore of the horrible comments spewing from "LOTs" mouth.

BTW ... I still LOVE HC's, Gretchen and Marcellas, and hope that everyone will support and watch that great show!!!!

JULIE4EVERT -

Just take it up with CBS and stop bothering people on the Big Brother forums. Why are you here anyway? None of us on the online boards can do anything about your complaint - only CBS can. So PLEASE take your complaints there.

Thank you.

Guest ranster627

with that it seems this topic has exhausted itself and has veered from the intent of the author ... should House Calls be rated PG and just how do you do that on the Internet? Discuss ...