Britney - Week 4 (PoV)

CeCiMom

Just to be CLEAR....my COMMENT was not directed to any particular poster. If any poster took it personally then perhaps they have some rethinking to do about racial slurs.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in a rural community outside of Houston. I wouldn't say I'm bombarded with racism but, most of the people I came across in the beginning were small minded, red-neck racists and it took me years to find the group of people I consider my friends now for that very reason. And, it wasn't only racism that I witnessed... homophobia is rampant here too and so, I'm very grateful that I have a small but, diverse group of friends now.

Well, that's good, I'm glad you found better friends. I lived in Houston for 4 years. I'm curious to know what rural town you live in. PM me if you get a chance.

Brit said nothing about domestics and housekeepers and black people. She made no reference whatsoever to black people. In fact, nobody on BB said anything at all about black people. CeCiMom did when she connected what Brit said about Kathy being Rachel's housekeeper, before she said what Kathy looked like during Rachel's HOH and Brit being a racist.

But after thinking about it, I see how CeCi could take it that Brit was making a racist remark, i.e. that Kathy was Rachel's housekeeper during her HOH and after putting on the mud that Brit said this is what Kathy looked like during your HOH. I could see how you could connect it, but I'm going to give Brit the benefit of the doubt on this one and tend to think she was referring to her being a brown noser.

Yes, it was because all of this was said/done within a 3 or 4 minute period. If Britney had made a housekeeping comment hours/days earlier OR if she made a brown nosing comment just before... I wouldn't have reacted or gotten offended by Britney's comments.

I'm not sure why everybody is associating the word "housekeeper" with black people. My mother was a housekeeper for years and the last time I checked she was white. If we associate a housekeeper with black people would that not make us racists too?

With all due respect I did not find Britney's remarks racial at all.

Another thought: Why is it when someone stereotype someone else it's automatically called racism. If a white person stereotypes a white person are they racist? Watch The Last Comic Standing and see how many times they stereotype people. ALL NIGHT LONG. Yet we sit back and laugh our butts off. (I know I do)

Great comment! What's funny is....I'm a black female, my great-grandmother was a cook for a white family in La. before I was born. Our families became very close and when I was a little girl their grand-daughter became our once a week housekeeper. My family likes to tell a story about when I saw The Jeffersons for the first time I asked "why do they have a black maid". It appears in my young mind I thought your maid had to be the opposite color of you! :rolleyes:

Back to BB...I did not see the comments, were they during after dark, don't have the feeds. From what I read, it doesn't feel that it was racist, but I didn't see or hear it with my own eyes. Also, since Ceci seems to be trying to make things peaceful on other boards, I don't think he was trying to "instigate" like some people enjoy doing. It will probably have to go down as "agreeing to disagree".

Ok, I just watched it and don't think it was meant to be racist or have anything to do with the housekeeper remark. I watched Brit close and as she's finishing the mask and put the last touches on her nose, she steps back, looks at herself and says "we look like Kathy did last time you were HOH". I really think she thought she looked like she had Sh*t on her face. NOW, how Rachel took it I'm not sure!?! She's either reacting to hearing Brit be so blatant about how she feels for Kathy or she thinks she said a racial joke and is shocked, can't get a read on it. Also, Brit put an exclamation on her statement by saying "Owwwww", like "Yeah, I said it". She just told the guys how close she watched the feeds and how aware she is of the cameras, just think she's smarter than that. I may be totally wrong, but this black female didn't see it that way...and I'm not afraid to call it when I see it! Just my opinion.

P.S. When you read this board Brit (and I'm sure you will...we all would) let me know if I'm wrong or right will ya? :animated_wave:

Yes, it was because all of this was said/done within a 3 or 4 minute period. If Britney had made a housekeeping comment hours/days earlier OR if she made a brown nosing comment just before... I wouldn't have reacted or gotten offended by Britney's comments.

Yes, I can see it now. I just didn't connect it at first. But, I'm still going to give Brit the benefit of the doubt. Only because I don't think she's that way having never displayed any characteristic of racism on the show, and I don't think she's that stupid to do it knowing she's on national TV.

I don't associate being a housekeeper with black people. It was Britney that had a "black face" on and referred to herself as Kathy after having said Kathy was Rachel's housekeeper week 2. She made the connection and imo, it's was a racial remark.

I just saw face paint on not black face ;) Now if Britany had referred to Monet rather then Kathy in that manner you would have a entirely different situation of it being construed as black face.

Too bad Bitchney is liked so much, otherwise this thread would really be interesting because we all damn well know every post would be have the word "racist" associated with her name.

HG get jumped on for saying less around here, so why should she be exempt?

Too bad Bitchney is liked so much, otherwise this thread would really be interesting because we all damn well know every post would be have the word "racist" associated with her name.

HG get jumped on for saying less around here, so why should she be exempt?

Even if it was a racist statement that does not make one a racist but Britany did neither.

Even if it was a racist statement that does not make one a racist but Britany did neither.

I didn't call her a racist, nor did I say it was a racist comment. I'm just commenting on how people didn't jump all over this one like they usually do, but I guess because it's Bitchney who is liked and not a hg who is disliked.

I remember the outrage of words like "retard" and how hgs should be kicked off the show for saying it. So, my point is that there was no initial "knee-jerk" reaction to the original post as usual.

I didn't call her a racist, nor did I say it was a racist comment. I'm just commenting on how people didn't jump all over this one like they usually do, but I guess because it's Bitchney who is liked and not a hg who is disliked.

I remember the outrage of words like "retard" and how hgs should be kicked off the show for saying it. So, my point is that there was no initial "knee-jerk" reaction to the original post as usual.

Maybe people did not jump on it because in their mind they did not make the huge leap in logic required to arrive at a conclusion that Britany made a racist comment ;)

Which is a fallacy of course since Britany did not make a racist statement.

Maybe people did not jump on it because in their mind they did not make the huge leap in logic required to arrive at a conclusion that Britany make a racist comment ;)

I don't believe Ceci, who made the original post, made a "huge leap in logic." Ceci is the one who is alway cleaning up our, the posters, spilled milk. I seriously doubt she would start something she didn't belive to be the truth.

I for one think Brit is a spoiled bratty chatty racist. It was obvious. But, as usual, cute little blonde girls don't get called out, I reckon.

I don't believe Ceci, who made the original post, made a "huge leap in logic." Ceci is the one who is alway cleaning up our, the posters, spilled milk. I seriously doubt she would start something she didn't belive to be the truth.

I for one think Brit is a spoiled bratty chatty racist. It was obvious. But, as usual, cute little blonde girls don't get called out, I reckon.

It can be said anybody who thinks Britany made a racist comment is making a leap in logic that is not valid when you have black forum members that say it was not racist .

Another one who makes insensitive remarks is that red dog hag. Every other word out of her mouth is retarded. Her and Brit make a great pair.

Yep retarted is not PC and other HG have said that as well.Bet Sarah Palin is gonna be all over them ,surprised she has not tweeted it yet. :animated_rotfl:

It can be said anybody who thinks Britany made a racist comment is making a leap in logic that is not valid when you have black forum members that say it was not racist .

Perhaps those posters are more tolerant then others of racial slurs. I'm not.

I personally don't think she made a racist comment. I agree with the poster who said it was her making fun of Kathy being a brown noser.

Moving on, I think she's sitting pretty this week. I'd love to see her win it and put Rach-hell and Brenda up, the look on their faces would be priceless. :animated_bouncy:

Yep retarted is not PC and other HG have said that as well.Bet Sarah Palin is gonna be all over them ,surprised she has not tweeted it yet. :animated_rotfl:

Retarded is not PC, racial slurs are disgusting. What the hell does Palin have to do with anything BB?

She's always sitting pretty, by the cee-ment pond, chewing on her fingers, eating junk, and talking crap. Even Enzo said he wishes she would STFU.

Retarded is not PC, racial slurs are disgusting. What the hell does Palin have to do with anything BB?

She's always sitting pretty, by the cee-ment pond, chewing on her fingers, eating junk, and talking crap. Even Enzo said he wishes she would STFU.

Rahm Emanuel,Obama's Chief of Staff said the word retarded and Palin jumped all over him because she has a downs syndrome baby and has since pounced on all who say that word .

I personally don't think she made a racist comment. I agree with the poster who said it was her making fun of Kathy being a brown noser.

Moving on, I think she's sitting pretty this week. I'd love to see her win it and put Rach-hell and Brenda up, the look on their faces would be priceless. :animated_bouncy:

I don't know if Brit would have the nerve to put them up. I'm betting she throws it. If she by some chance does win and puts them up, I'll bet she'll be wishing she had kept Kristin there to defend her. It would definitely be interesting.

I'm forecasting a continuously boring season. I think the brigade is going to run the house from here on out. It will be a snoozefest.

re the racist thing, since none of us know what was in Britney's mind or if in fact she has any racist tendencies at all, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. I think it's totally unfair to assume she's racist because she's a cute little white girl who made a sarcastic remark about Kathy, who was brown-nosing the last time Rachel was hoh. That's kind of presumptuous to think that about her. I'm white and I've never associated housekeeping with black people at all. As a matter of fact, every housekeeper I've ever known has been white. The whole accusation just seemed bizarre to me because I didn't even understand it at first.

Rahm Emanuel,Obama's Chief of Staff said the word retartd and Palin jumped all over him because she has a downs syndrome baby and has since pounced on all who say that word .

I repeat, what the hell does that have to do with BB? You are making a stretch to bring politics into this discussion.

who would have guess pretty blonde would end up most popular hg

not me not me not me :animated_rotfl:

:animated_bouncy:

Archived