Britney - Week 4 (PoV)

CeCiMom

Perhaps those posters are more tolerant then others of racial slurs. I'm not.

I think I was the "black poster" that was being referred to....

I'm a 36 yr old southern female, raised in the Biblebelt..my mother left the South in the early 70's to escape blatant racism. I was raised by my grandmother in La., went to a predominately white ALL girl Catholic school...I've dealt with many racist catty blondes (brunettes and redheads). I am FAR from close to "tolerant" of any racial remarks and am known to stick up for what's right. I didn't see it as racist and hoping it isn't, not that I can't be wrong. However, I am very careful of who I actually call "racist", because I'm not in their head. As a black person, I can almost say there are comments I hear daily that can be considered racist and I get very angry when it's ignored. However, you can't just call someone racist when you don't know their intention. If Brit was black and said that, no one would think otherwise. I also find it kind of racist/prejudice/ignorant to assume she was being racist because she was referring to a maid...WTF!?!?! I'm not a blind follower, if Brit meant it to be racist then karma will deal with her, my opinion was just that I didn't take it that way. I'm not a fan of any type of ignorance, prejudice or racism...just like how I commented when they made fun of Andrew and his culture and faith. I would not have been able to sit around quietly and not make a comment when Annie was complaining about his eating habbits, the prayer jokes, etc. Didn't hear too many comments when that was going on. In closing, please don't assume that I am less tolerant of racism because I didn't see it the same way, if it was a clear cut comment I would have been all over Brit, BB and CBS's a**. Just know that some people will have different opinions and that's OK.

Anyway....I have love for every peace loving person here, so can we please get back to the game and I'll save the social commentaries for CNN and FOX.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enzo confirmed that Britney is his next target after Rachel and Brendon. You Brit lovers better get ready for a meltdown because if Brendon doesn't win tonight, she's gone in 3 weeks. Brendon winning is the only way to keep her safe long term.

Might as well get the mop and broom ready for Ceci, cause this thread is going downhill fast.

Now, as for Brit Brit, I can't say I LIKE her, but she makes me laugh most of the time (I didn't hear the racial thing or I would have called her out on it) and I DISLIKE her LESS than many of the others in that house. I guess that makes me kind of a half-a$$ed fan..... :food-smiley-005:

Archived