Britney - Week 4 (PoV)

CeCiMom

Well, yes... If I just took the quote of "We look like what Kathy looked like your last HoH." it would have been out of context.

Imo, it was as blatant a comment as a person could make without actually saying the "n" word. (1st Britney refers to Kathy being Rachel's house keeper and then a couple mintues later Britney is standing in front of a mirror with brown mudd all over her face and says... "We look like what Kathy looked like your last HoH.")

Even the person standing right there when she said it was shocked. That's why I included Rachel's reaction of not wanting to be blamed for it. (Even though she was laughing her head off.)

I got it.... (brown mud mask) black face = housekeeper. Disgusting.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost didn't bring this up because I knew it would be turned around to be something on me instead of Britney. But, I know who I am and I know what I heard and no one is going to convince me it was anything less than it was... even if it can be justified as just "poop" on her face and brown-nosing.

Anyone that actually watched it and saw it differently than me, I'll respectfully disagree.

I'm not sure why everybody is associating the word "housekeeper" with black people. My mother was a housekeeper for years and the last time I checked she was white. If we associate a housekeeper with black people would that not make us racists too?

With all due respect I did not find Britney's remarks racial at all.

Another thought: Why is it when someone stereotype someone else it's automatically called racism. If a white person stereotypes a white person are they racist? Watch The Last Comic Standing and see how many times they stereotype people. ALL NIGHT LONG. Yet we sit back and laugh our butts off. (I know I do)

I don't associate being a housekeeper with black people. It was Britney that had a "black face" on and referred to herself as Kathy after having said Kathy was Rachel's housekeeper week 2. She made the connection and imo, it's was a racial remark.

I see NO relationship between the remarks and racism either, it a HUGE stretch to make it one...maybe you need re-access YOUR racism issues! :eek:

That was not at all called for to make a post on CeCiMom's character. Not at all. People percieve things in different manners depending on experiences in their own personal lives. I didn't see it as racist but others may have. No need for bashing here... I think an apology is in order.

I think its all about the interpration of the statement. That is why we will always have Racial Issues in out Country.

I do think it is fair for this too be taken both ways. Even though she meant it in a joking matter, it was in bad taste regardless if she was referring to Kathy or a black person.

Anyone that actually watched it and saw it differently than me, I'll respectfully disagree.

Exactly!

Honestly, I can see how you made the connection...it is open to interpretation.

It's okay, no one needs to apologize... I'm not offended by that persons comment because I know he/she doesn't know me and is way off base.

You're right, we all have different life experiences and so, my perception can be different than others.

I know I was surrounded by racist remarks, jokes, innuendo, etc. for most of my childhood (and even as a child had to stand up against my own family members when I heard such things) as a young adult I had the choice of not surrounding myself with people that would talk/act like that. However, when I moved to Texas 10 years ago it's almost impossible to not be bombarded with racism. (That's part of the reason I spend so much time on this board because I'm not like most of the people I live close to and it's a place where I can interact with all different kinds of people and appreciate all of our varying points of view.)

My perception is that Britney made a racially motivated remark. It's okay if someone doesn't agree with me.

Britney and Rachel go up to the HoH room to put on their bikini's to do a bubble bath together. Britney needs a wash cloth to clean her face before applying a face mask. Rachel goes to get her one and Britney makes a snide remark about telling Kathy to get it for them Britney then asks where her housekeeper is this week. Rachel says, she didn't show up this week she's too busy attending to the "dying" (Kristen)

As soon as Britney is finished putting the mudd mask all over her face she looks in the mirror and says, "We look like what Kathy looked like your last HoH." They both laugh their heads off and Rachel even said while laughing, whoa Britney I can't believe you said that... she looks up at the BB cameras and says, that came out of Britney's mouth.

She meant brown-noser. Brown as in MUD. I don't think she would be that seriously stupid to make some kind of racist comment that she would probably and should be kicked off the show for. I think you might be reading too much into it because you don't like Britney.

ok, I just flashbacked (yesterday cam 1, 9 pm BBT) to watch the scene again. There was about 5 minutes between the "where's your housekeeper" comment and the "we look like Kathy from your last Hoh" comment. They didn't even have the masks on when she made the house keeper comment. Now, I don't know what Britney truly meant...but I'm going back to my original assessment that she was joking about Kathy being an ass kisser. That's the way I originally took it anyway. I thought CeCi meant the 2 comments were right in line with each other....whatever...I think it's a bit of a stretch to automatically assume it was racial.

This.

I saw the exchange and Brit was definitely referring to butt kissing. I didn't see anything racist or racial in her comment. And, I didn't hear Rachel say "Brit made that comment", nor did I see her look up at the camera and say that.

The accusation against Brit is a stretch, in my opinion as well.

Well, yes... If I just took the quote of "We look like what Kathy looked like your last HoH." it would have been out of context.

Imo, it was as blatant a comment as a person could make without actually saying the "n" word. (1st Britney refers to Kathy being Rachel's house keeper and then a couple mintues later Britney is standing in front of a mirror with brown mudd all over her face and says... "We look like what Kathy looked like your last HoH.")

Even the person standing right there when she said it was shocked. That's why I included Rachel's reaction of not wanting to be blamed for it. (Even though she was laughing her head off.)

HUH???!!! :animated_rotfl: You're joking right? So, you see or hear the word "housekeeper" and immediately associate that word with black people? LOL

Exactly!

Honestly, I can see how you made the connection...it is open to interpretation.

Open to interpretation how? CeCi can have an opinion as to what she heard, but what Britney said and trying to make the connection to it being racist is a far stretch. First, you'd have to associate all black people with being domestics or housekeepers to make that connection.

It's okay, no one needs to apologize... I'm not offended by that persons comment because I know he/she doesn't know me and is way off base.

You're right, we all have different life experiences and so, my perception can be different than others.

I know I was surrounded by racist remarks, jokes, innuendo, etc. for most of my childhood (and even as a child had to stand up against my own family members when I heard such things) as a young adult I had the choice of not surrounding myself with people that would talk/act like that. However, when I moved to Texas 10 years ago it's almost impossible to not be bombarded with racism. (That's part of the reason I spend so much time on this board because I'm not like most of the people I live close to and it's a place where I can interact with all different kinds of people and appreciate all of our varying points of view.)

My perception is that Britney made a racially motivated remark. It's okay if someone doesn't agree with me.

I live in Texas and I experience discrimination on different levels for the mere fact that I'm black, but I'm not bombarded with racism. What part of Texas do you live in? I'm shocked that you say that you are "bombarded" with racism here. Maybe it's the people you associate with, because racism is not as overwhelming here in Texas as it is in places like Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama. Trust me, I've been there.

Well, her time in that dirty, dingy water was well-spent. Britney is rocking the information, using what the B&R bozos provided to motivate the guys to compete. Brendon had a reason for each guy why he could beat them in a competition and Britney is sharing it with them. You can tell the fuel is being fired. Awesome job, Britney!!! :)

I love it. When I was watching the bathroom scene in the feeds I was sure she would make the best spy and use all the information to decimate Branchel.

It wasn't me that made the connection to housekeepers and Kathy it was Britney that made that comment and then stood there with a "black face" on and repeated that she looked like Kathy. That's how I made the correlation.

If she just had some mudd on her nose then I can see the brown nosing innuendo but, both of them were standing there looking in the mirror with their faces covered in mudd.

And, I didn't make an interpretation of what I heard it was what I heard and SAW at the same time.

Sorry I am stumped here. I can't for the life of me figure out where the racism is.... I honestly don't get what you are trying to explain. How did Kathy look in the last HOH? confused here but that is normal for me with these people.

Open to interpretation how? CeCi can have an opinion as to what she heard, but what Britney said and trying to make the connection to it being racist is a far stretch. First, you'd have to associate all black people with being domestics or housekeepers to make that connection.

Exactly, and that's how the connection was made. Obviously Brit does think black people are domestics and housekeepers. At least in Brit's privilaged Tiara Toddler brain. She meant what she said as a racist remark. But, I guess Brit gets a pass for being a racist, because she's cute as a button, just not as smart. Yet another HG gets slammed constantly for being a police officer and a smoker. Big difference between the two. What's interesting about BB is the real personality usually rears it ugly head eventually. Thanks Brit for showing your true colors.

I say it was a racist remark, and that's not a stretch.

Being privileged doesn't make you a racist. I just have never seen any signs of racism with anyone in the house. I think Britney defiantly has a little bit of a uppity personality but not at all racist. Just my take on her but I could be wrong.

I live in Texas and I experience discrimination on different levels for the mere fact that I'm black, but I'm not bombarded with racism. What part of Texas do you live in? I'm shocked that you say that you are "bombarded" with racism here. Maybe it's the people you associate with, because racism is not as overwhelming here in Texas as it is in places like Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama. Trust me, I've been there.

I live in a rural community outside of Houston. I wouldn't say I'm bombarded with racism but, most of the people I came across in the beginning were small minded, red-neck racists and it took me years to find the group of people I consider my friends now for that very reason. And, it wasn't only racism that I witnessed... homophobia is rampant here too and so, I'm very grateful that I have a small but, diverse group of friends now.

It has been mentioned by the houseguests that Kathy was kissing up to Brenchel when Rachel was HOH the first time. She would get them drinks, make the HOH bed, and offer to do their laundry. This is considered by some as brown nosing. I do believe Brit meant this as over the top brown nosing, "poop" covering the whole face, not just the nose, as it would be if one was SO into buttkissing that they would crawl up the a@@, not just kiss it. IMHO

Being privileged doesn't make you a racist. I just have never seen any signs of racism with anyone in the house. I think Britney defiantly has a little bit of a uppity personality but not at all racist. Just my take on her but I could be wrong.

I agree Marty... being privileged doesn't make you a racist and I never saw or heard anything racist from any of the house guests this season until last night. But, as you can see, not everyone is in agreement.

Comment - That's right, give the cute little blonde girl a break. Everyone was all over the place when someone stupidly posted that Enzo said I hate Jews, when he actually said "I hate yous". Another insident of stupidity is when someone posted Kathy didn't know who Julie Chen was. Boy did the bashers have a field they with that. But again, give the cute little blonde girl a break, and make excuses for her. My Aunt Fanny, SHE MADE A RACIST REMARK.

Comment - That's right, give the cute little blonde girl a break. Everyone was all over the place when someone stupidly posted that Enzo said I hate Jews, when he actually said "I hate yous". Another insident of stupidity is when someone posted Kathy didn't know who Julie Chen was. Boy did the bashers have a field they with that. But again, give the cute little blonde girl a break, and make excuses for her. My Aunt Fanny, SHE MADE A RACIST REMARK.

Just to be clear. I would NEVER give anyone that I thought was a racist a break. NEVER

Exactly, and that's how the connection was made. Obviously Brit does think black people are domestics and housekeepers. At least in Brit's privilaged Tiara Toddler brain. She meant what she said as a racist remark. But, I guess Brit gets a pass for being a racist, because she's cute as a button, just not as smart. Yet another HG gets slammed constantly for being a police officer and a smoker. Big difference between the two. What's interesting about BB is the real personality usually rears it ugly head eventually. Thanks Brit for showing your true colors.

I say it was a racist remark, and that's not a stretch.

Brit said nothing about domestics and housekeepers and black people. She made no reference whatsoever to black people. In fact, nobody on BB said anything at all about black people. CeCiMom did when she connected what Brit said about Kathy being Rachel's housekeeper, before she said what Kathy looked like during Rachel's HOH and Brit being a racist.

But after thinking about it, I see how CeCi could take it that Brit was making a racist remark, i.e. that Kathy was Rachel's housekeeper during her HOH and after putting on the mud that Brit said this is what Kathy looked like during your HOH. I could see how you could connect it, but I'm going to give Brit the benefit of the doubt on this one and tend to think she was referring to her being a brown noser.

Archived