Libra - Week 3

CeCiMom

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Len, PB&J was much better regarding getting them to eat anything at all because at least you can do more with it and it has a better taste. Also, you can use bread, which as a carb, would give them more energy. I think it was better, because even if they didn't like the PB, they could eat bread and jelly, so they ate something. They had the energy to plot and have more game talk and strategy.

Even though slop has everything nutritionally, it's bad tasting and according to all of the HGs that have been on it, nothing helps it go down. Plus, it gives them diarreha. I don't think that Slop agreed with Libra's stomach. Some people can't tolerate some foods digestionally. It made Dick in Season 8 have gas and the runs. It gave Libra gas and the runs. It severly constipated Keesha. A lot of foods that are good nutritionally, don't always agree with my stomach either, so I can understand them not wanting to eat when they are on Slop, because it upsets their stomach. Upset stomach, coupled with bad taste is enough to make a person want to starve first.

I liked it when it was PB&J! Yeah, there was the occasional yuck by a contestant but generally I think they would all like it.

One of the reasons I think they got rid of it was the "peanut" allergy thing. A kid from our neighborhood was in Cabo last week for his grad trip with his parents and died the first night in the hotel room because something on the menu had peanut/peanut oil in it. I don't think BB could handle that type of situation on the show.

all I met by the age card is people sayin that Libra was right and that having both fogies on your team was not fair etc, I think Jerry is past the point of being able to do an endurance and I am not sure Renny has it in her if she is the type, it is just that all people with age are not the same, I am older then Renny and could run circles around her. It is funny because my brother is 4 yrs younger than me and acts like he is 10 yrs older, it's is crazy and then he always plays that "I am an old maannn card" whatever, I do not let age get in my way for anything,lol

Is Libra on slop again?? I did know if they had a food comp.

One of the reasons I think they got rid of it was the "peanut" allergy thing.

Good point. Foods such as peanuts and shellfish may cause acute allergic reactions in people that have never had an allergic reaction before.

The way I look at it, slop is part of the game and those who apply know it is, so if they don't want to run the risk of ever having to eat it then don't apply. If you get stuck eating it...don't complain either.

They were the two oldest and their need to have been a balance a split. She had been on slop for a week already and seeing these two on her team, she knew she was on slop again and that made her even more cranky. Grandma and Grandpa against highschoolers. And Lying and being 2 faced that is part of playing BB.

Sparklet, I love ya hon but, I am going to have to say that I find the two bold statements above a contradiction of terms... How is lying and being two faced fair and balanced?

Ginger, you make it sound like Moses himself went to the top of some mountain and God himself carved out these rules with lightning onto a stone slab. Rules are made to be modified, changed and or broken. If someone has a food allergy then give them something with more protein. I'm sure a lot of people are allergic to the ingredients in slop, many young people often have no idea what they're allergic to. If some HG got sick from slop, I mean really sick, that would be one huge lawsuit. JMO.

FatCat...I need to do Amazing Race with you. We could sign up as the older "bowling ladies" that they had and show up in the top of our form. I, too, am almost at my "half" life but can run, swim, play sports with those much younger. I think it has something to do with competing all your life and staying active.

Ginger, you make it sound like Moses himself went to the top of some mountain and God himself carved out these rules with lightning onto a stone slab. Rules are made to be modified, changed and or broken. If someone has a food allergy then give them something with more protein. I'm sure a lot of people are allergic to the ingredients in slop, many young people often have no idea what they're allergic to. If some HG got sick from slop, I mean really sick, that would be one huge lawsuit. JMO.

I guess it might have been the part about if they don't want slop then don't sign up that got ya----well, it is what it is and I don't make the bb rules.

The thing is there have many before her and many after her that have and will eat slop. And I was just adding to what the other poster said.

And please, do you really think Grodner is worried about lawsuits?

RE: Slop... I have a friend that has had the Roux en Y or Stomach Stapling surgery, and she eats the same thing in another brand to get her vitimans... The surgery causes you not to be able to retain the vitamins as well, so she has to eat this vitamin rich protein rich gruel she calls it... She has no problem with energy, but she is able to eat other things as well...

I see what you're saying, Ginger. And I adhere to that. For instance, I need a steady supply of protein to be at my best so I would never go where I might have to eat slop. But they do give them protein powder, so I guess that would help. Maybe some dairy products would help.

I still hope Jesse goes on slop soon. The way that kid eats and eats and eats... I've heard HGs mention this week that they're running out of food. I doubt if Jesse's big appetite helps! He must be a naturally thin person who really needs that food to keep his muscles pumped up!

There have been many hgs on slop who managed to rise from bed and win comps. Not sure why all of a sudden slop is a huge issue, anyway nor why we can't discuss it freely without it being related to certain hgs.

I see what you're saying, Ginger. And I adhere to that. For instance, I need a steady supply of protein to be at my best so I would never go where I might have to eat slop. But they do give them protein powder, so I guess that would help. Maybe some dairy products would help.

I see what you're saying too...so in that case you might think twice about applying for the show, if you have specific nutrition requirements.

I'm a fan of the show and would like to apply but

1) I don't like sharing bathrooms with total strangers

2) I don't want total strangers in my bed

3) I can't stand being around people that constantly yap, yap, yap about nonsensical things

4) I think one week of slop might all I can take.

So, I probably wouldn't apply because all the things above mentioned are part of the game.

I'll repeat it again...if they don't want to eat slop they shouldn't apply/complain about it.

Isn't that BB trying to be fair?? If someone had an allergy to peanuts then they can eat jelly sandwiches. Don't like jelly sandwiches? Too bad, next time you should win.

I believe the reason they got rid of PB&J was because there are people like me that can eat it everyday. I LOVE the stuff.

How is lying and being two faced fair and balanced?

I don't think they were meant to be the same. The producers should at least try to make teams somewhat balanced; but the players do what they have to do to get farther in the game.

Here's an example of the producers picking the teams: The beer pong challenge on BB8. On one team you had all of the HGs who played pong EVERY NIGHT (Eric, Jess, Zach and Dick). On the other team you had the HGs who NEVER played pong (Amber, Jen and Jameka) + the HoH (Danielle) who had a pass. That comps was over before it began. It was completely unfair, because it was a challenge designed after HGs were in the house. The producers knew who had played the game and who had not.

I don't see slop as a big issue. They can have all the protein shakes they want and they can eat all kinds of condiments. Other seasons have made soup from condiments. I think these HG are just a bunch of baby criers.

Chatter, there shouldn't be a problem if someone is allergic to peanuts because there's still the bread and Jelly and the protein shakes and other condiments. So, they don't have to eat the peanut butter at all.

Also, yes Slop is a part of game, and they all sign up for it. But, since they've never had it before, they don't know what it tastes like and nor, more importantly, how it's going to effect them digestionally.

I think there's a misconception on this board that protein provides energy. It doesn't. It's the carbohydrates that provide energy and if they don't eat the slop, which has some carbs in it, they do not have any energy.

And, I think we are relating slop to a certain HG because we are in her thread and it was brought up about her being in a better mood when she's not on it.

And, I think we are relating slop to a certain HG because we are in her thread and it was brought up about her being in a better mood when she's not on it.

Weren't the same things said about BB8 Danielle, when it came to slop. Posters railed on her for sleeping and whining all day. Those that liked Danielle, said, "the slop zapped so much out of her" and that wasn't how she really was.

Put "behavior change due to slop intake" into the category with backstabbing, gossiping and lying.

If you like the HG (as a player and/or a person) all the above are OK and it's apart of Big Brother. If you do not like the HG (as a player and/or a person) none of the above are acceptable for someone who signed up to play Big Brother.

That one chick passed out from low blood sugar last season and she was on slop. I don't think it's a perfect food and it CAN effect certain individuals differently than others.

Seriously. The Libra hate in here has been pretty intense since before the show started.

If you like the HG (as a player and/or a person) all the above are OK and it's apart of Big Brother. If you do not like the HG (as a player and/or a person) none of the above are acceptable for someone who signed up to play Big Brother.

Actually Frances, I could sympathize with someone on slop regardless of whether I liked them or not. It's a horrible thing to eat.

Seriously. The Libra hate in here has been pretty intense since before the show started.

Totally agree with you Brandi. If it's not the slop, it's argument with Jerry and Renny and whether she said "old people" or not. For instance, Memphis called him a MF, and said other horrible things about him behind his back, as did Jesse and Michelle. Michelle was screaming at him louder than Libra and the other three came to her defense against an old man. Memphis went toward Jerry to hit him, but Libra is the worst because she said "old people". :lol:

Archived