Tuesday, July 22nd

Misha

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guessing" what is it" game is kinda funny. Don't you think? Michelle is going out of her mind!hehehe

Here's what I found on tacking hair...

Hair Extensions: Yours for the Tacking

By Korin Miller

Washington Post Staff Writer

Monday, December 4, 2006; Page C05

Remember those Rapunzel Barbies whose hair you could make longer by giving it a good pull? They've come alive and walk among us.

Take Britney Spears. After announcing her split from hubby Kevin Federline, the pop star sported a blunt chin-length cut. What better way to express her singledom than to redo her do?

Extensions Go Mainstream

Once Hollywood's dirty little secret and a mainstay with ethnic communities, hair extensions are now wildly popular with women across the country in search of a little je ne sais quoi for their tresses.

But wait. Two weeks later, her hair was cascading down her back.

Guess what, ladies? Britney has fake hair. And though we know we shouldn't care, on some level we do, tangled up as we are in a society obsessed with hair and what it represents: beauty, power, sexuality, vitality. Men try to keep theirs, and women, well, that's a long story -- and one we enter (cue sound of blow-dryer whrrrrr). on a recent Friday afternoon, as University of Maryland sophomore Giulia DiMarzo is seated at David's Hair and Day Spa in Bethesda. Svetlana Sintukovska is stationed in an identical chair just a few feet away. They're not going anywhere for a while.

"Last time I was here for six hours," Sintukovska, 25, says with a slight grimace. This time she's hoping to be out in an hour.

Once a Hollywood trade secret -- though common in some ethnic communities -- pricey hair extensions are a growing phenomenon.

"It's everywhere in magazines," Sintukovska says while stylist Massimo Quartararo painstakingly glues golden locks in a tidy row near her scalp. Her hair is expanding -- in length and volume -- by the minute. "Different celebrities . . . they have short hair and then you see them with long hair. They obviously have extensions," she says.

Quartararo has been extending his clients' hair for more than a decade but says business has really picked up within the past few years. "People come in with pictures of Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera and ask, 'Is that extensions? I want this look.' "

David P. Marshall, author of "The Celebrity Culture Reader" and "Celebrity and Power: Fame in Contemporary Culture," isn't surprised. "Celebrity culture is tightly connected to consumer culture," he explains. "They provide patterns for us to consume and tell us what to consume. We say: If they can do it, why can't we?"

"I think extensions are fascinating in and of themselves," he notes, as "sort of an accessible version of what would be declasse, which is wigs. Celebrities wouldn't normally wear them unless they're hiding."

Hair extensions can be natural or synthetic, glued (or "bonded") into existing hair, woven in strips or simply clipped in for those special nights on the town.

Shedding does occur. (Tina Fey recently bashed Paris Hilton on "The Howard Stern Show" for leaving "nasty wads of Barbie hair on the floor" when she taped an episode of "Saturday Night Live.") And a special brush, shampoo and conditioner should be used to keep the extensions in place. The high-maintenance fake head of hair may entice with that silken sexiness, but it's pretty much a look-but-don't-touch proposition. Plus, the little blobs of glue feel like grains of rice deposited on the scalp.

BB told them they were getting a suprise... That means we don't get to see, because they want us to see if for the first time on the show, but I am guessing we will hear about it...

thanks Yana. I hope they are able to talk about it but a few times last year, they weren't.

Did I read earlier that the hgs saw aliens in the windows last night...(or did I dream it?) I'm wondering if this surprise and the alien sightings are somehow related...

I kept hearing them talking about aliens and ghosts... I was only half listening, because I was posting video's at the time, and looking for video's to post also, I should add... So yeah could be what's going on now has something to do with what they saw last night...

It could have something to do with them seeing aliens and ghost's last night... The girls were freaked out about it, and some of the guys were making fun of them... I will see if I can find something on it...

If I had to speculate... its going to be announcing to them that there will be a series of clues being offered with a special prize, much like they did with the coup de'ta (I don't know how to spell it... whatever). The special prize might be the directions to a secret room or something like that (since they said in earlier interviews that a secret room might be in play this season).

No, I am in NO position whatsoever to KNOW anything. I know nothing. I merely speculate. :P

Maybe we're going to get the fish so that all of us posters/updaters/mods can get a nap??? :animated_scratchchin:;)

I've missed a lot of the feeds the last couple days. Is Steven or Dan going home tomorrow? Any talk of switcheroo?

In this clip you can hear them talking about hearing a purple light, but they are making fun of BB because they are calling Steven, Memphis...

here

ETA: I forgot to say that the footage is thanks to DreamersVids...

Archived