Hgs That Know Each Other

Relevart

I am inclined to think that part of the reason this "soulmates" idea came about was because of Jess and Eric. I think they are trying to set it up so that couples are forced to do what J&E did. Unlike previous showmances, where one half of the couple was really becoming emotionally attached while the other person was just using them to get to the finals J&E really did form a mutual connection and fought like hell to be the final two. I know that a lot of people werent necessarily fans of either one individually, but as a pair I think they drew a lot of people in. I think BB is hoping for the same "magic" to happen again. I doubt it will though, since the pairings are being forced.

BTW, rumor has it that one pair already hates each other (initals S & A, according to RBBQ) and is trying to get each other evicted is in danger of getting evicted because all they do is complain about each other. I'm wondering if they know they might get kicked out together? (Sheila or Sharon and Adam or Alex, hmm)

glad i dont live on west coast

they have the added 3 hours wait laugh.gif

:(

You must send me sympathy cookies or something then b/c I have to wait 4 hrs where I live for it to come on.

danggit :death:

I don't know if this is considered spoiler since it's info from a vid in media section....but warning just in case!

In this vid ....Julie's house tour I didn't hear her say that any of them know each other....just that they compete together, sleep together, get nominated together and evicted together. I wonder if any know each other from before (hope not)...or if it's like blind dates...like from a dating service where they get matched to a person they'd be most compatible with...hoping for a love connection. That would be more fun. I don't want to see a repeat of last season's rival/enemy twist....or want any to have a prior relationships or baggage...that's been done.

With the pairs eliminations...seems like it will be a quick season. If 1 pair is already eliminated during this past week...that leaves 7 couples remaining...7 weeks or so for the series to last? Quick. Anyone know if the finale date has been established...I'm curious especially with regards to feeds?

(edit...oops...see from post above that Adam and Sheila do know each other...dang!)

What I got was they filled out compatibility profiles as part of the audition process. People are speculating that everyone knows someone because Jen and Ryan are on each other's myspace pages.

As for the length, I can see them evicting them together at first then possibly evicting one at a time. Depending on how long they want the season. That still hasn't been figured out yet. I've heard 90 days but you never know.

that's 2 then at least....probably more then :sadwalk: I think it stinks when some have an advantage over the others...I'd prefer every one starts off even.

(edit...oops...see from post above that Adam and Sheila do know each other...dang!)

If you are referring to my post above, I dont think they knew each other before entering. It sounded to me like they got paired and didnt like each other, so they started complaining about each other.

I am positive that Jen and Ryan know each other because they are all over each others myspace pages.

I think maybe Jacob and Sharon do too, since they are both 23 and his bio mentions that he is "trying to move on from his last relationship, although he still has feelings for the woman who was his childhood sweetheart" and her bio mentions a "12-year on/off relationship with a guy who followed her home in the 8th grade".

But, my guess is that, in order to keep things interesting, BB wont pair them with each other.

The warm feel of the residence fits in with a twist Grodner has concocted. The 16 guests, including a public relations professional from Delray Beach named Adam, will be paired off as couples. They will compete as couples, strategize as couples and, at least in the beginning, be voted off as couples.

from: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertainment/...,4176445.column

Thanks DreamAngel...that article answered a lot of my questions.

"Big Brother consulted with a match-making service to arrange the couples, although there is a possibility some incompatibles will be paired for the sake of theater."

"If the elimination-by-couples blueprint is adhered to until the end, Big Brother could have an uncommonly brief run of six or seven weeks, about half the usual...edit ...One possible explanation for the potential quick ending is CBS is leaving its options open, in case ratings that have been solid for summer outings don't measure up during the regular Nielsen season. On the other hand, if things go well, the dual eliminations could be scrapped and the run could be extended almost to the end of the season in May."

Seems logical that CBS is keeping their options open on how long the run will be because of the writer's strike or the ratings.

thanks also jeepgirl for clarifying :)

L O L ... sooo much speculation... as always.

There are so many ways this could play out.

I'm thinking that the PTB only had a short time to throw this unexpected season

together - that's scary ... cripes... they're working on the summer one as we type

(that's even scarier).

We've been given Twists, Themes and HG's that some of us loved or hated - - -

BUT, we all tuned in. We'll all tune in again and spend waaaay too much time in front

of our TV's and internet Live Feeds.

HANG ON... it'll probably be a bumpy ride

lol for me that decrease anticipation

As for the length, I can see them evicting them together at first then possibly evicting one at a time. Depending on how long they want the season. That still hasn't been figured out yet. I've heard 90 days but you never know.

With the pairs eliminations...seems like it will be a quick season. If 1 pair is already eliminated during this past week...that leaves 7 couples remaining...7 weeks or so for the series to last? Quick. Anyone know if the finale date has been established...I'm curious especially with regards to feeds?

I wonder if the writers strike were to end anytime soon if that would have anything to do with how fast CBS would want BB9 to end or how long it would stay on, durring the summer its no problem to take up 3 nights week for a reality show while everything else is in re-runs & same now while no writers to make new shows but when/if they were to all of a sudden come back would CBS want to keep 3 nights a week tied up for this when there are a lot of other shows they may want back on the air???

No matter how much I LOVE BB & wish it could be on year round I don't think the people over at CBS feel the same.

1. I think there are probably three "couples" or 6 people in the house that had/have a relationship outside the house -- Jen/Ryan, Jacob/Sharon and Amanda/Someone. In the "spoilers" we have gotten it says that Jen, Sharon and Amanda bonded very quickly .... I think that may be because they have someone in the house that they knew prior to coming in and that they had some sort of relationship with that person.

2. I think that CBS is keeping its options open regarding BB and isn't willing to set any specific time-frame for the show ending in stone. First, they dont' know if a winter BB will compete in the ratings and secondly, how soon they can get their regular programs back on the air once the Writers' Strike is over (which is scheduled to be over by tomorrow). By eliminating pairs ... they could just have a six to eight week BB and not have to worry about speeding things up too much, but they could also slow it down by uncoupling them at a later date so that they start competing individually.

3. I can't wait for tonight!!!!

I'm with Relevart, who started this thread.

I don't think outside-the-house couples are necessarily together inside the house. Way too boring, and too easy to dominate the shifts in the game. I'm hoping BB has learned that lesson.

amj already said it, but it bares repeating. The writers strike is over. They are officailly back to work tomorrow (2/13/08). The issue is that anything that is written now wont be onscreen until late April and May. While some shows do still have a handful of new episodes that havent been aired yet, there is still a lot of empty space in the TV lineup over the next two months. My guess is that the BB PTB will reevaluate in early April and make a decision then about how many more weeks to push it. But to me it looks like we will get a full season (BB ending in late April or early May). The BB8 hgs were in the house what, 81 days? 81 days from last Thursday (when this group supposedly entered the house) is April 29th.

bbbb9ut7.gif

My guess is that they already know exactly what they will be doing, and have from the beginning.

Only 14 picture frames? So what! They might only use 8 of them, sticking one pair in each.

Maybe they already know that the first 3 evictions will be couples, and after that it's all individual.

Or maybe they are counting on Veto wins to get one of the people in the couple saved.

There's just too many ways this can go, so we'll have to wait to hear it from Julie Chen.

(I wish I knew already though, because it's making running the Prediction Challenge near impossible!)

lol but then its really a true prediction

ryan and jen

jacob and sharon

Results:

Sheila & Adam

Ryan & Alison

Parker & Jen

Neil & Joshua

James & Chelsia

Matt & Natalie

Alex & Amanda

Sharon & Jacob