Speculations

Guest Nicky277

The game was 6 degrees of seperation from kevin bacon .. and the reason i remember this is there use to be a networking site similiar to friendster called six degrees that i belonged to. :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So maybe they all have a common friend(ster)s somewhere along the line.

I was surprised when Janelle was so accurately describing the neighborhood Kaysar and Michael live in, in California. She also knows Florida really well.......

Janelle was just talking about the cityscape with Beau and she said then that is the way to Kaysar's house... Beau said yeah I guess...

I just watched the interviews today and bo th Howie and James sounded like they were really living in the Miami FL area which would put the FL people up to 6, and if Howie is, then is RAchel and if James is, how about Kaysar?? I like this thread, it does really seem as if they are all connected in some way, like the puzzle that is on the walls of the house?

Sarah was the only one that said she lied about living in Florida, not James. She said it's the only thing she could lie about. That was before she lied to K about just getting out of a relationship.

Somehow I don't think Sarah's lie is really a lie. Given how she is with James .. the insecurity, etc ..and how jealous/upset she got about his mild flirting .. I think Sarah really was in a relationship like that before she was with James .. it would also explain why he wanted Jennifer out, because she kept touching him all the time. He has to flirt to pretend he's single but I think he really cares for sarah (in his own self centered way) and doesn't want her upset with him, or thinking he's going to cheat on her.

This is a famous theory by which broadway plays and movies have been made and named after.

"Six degrees of separation is the theory that anyone on the planet can be connected to any other person on the planet through a chain of acquaintances that has no more than five intermediaries. The theory was first proposed in 1929 by the Hungarian writer Frigyes Karinthy in a short story called "Chains". " (nationmaster encyclopedia)

FYI.

Guest Shockalot

The slightly older people in here will remember Six Degrees of Bacon.

Very popular around the late 90's.

The idea was that Kevin Bacon can be linked to any other working actor or actress by 6 or less degrees.

To the best of my knowledge.. nobody ever defeated the Bacon Principle.

This doesnt explain why Kevin Bacon never ages though.. he still looks 16 years old!?

Guest SWFloridaGirl

James has definitely lived in Florida. My guess is he went to the University of Miami. When they showed his house, he had a UM banner over his bed. In his bio all of his favorite teams are from Miami. I was really surprised when Ivette spoke of being born and raised in Miami and got no response from James. Here in Florida we take our sports teams very seriously, especially college football. I am surprised he didn't make a comment about "go hurricanes" etc.

I think Miami has something to do with a twist. Maybe they all went on spring break together at South Beach! :lol:

Another quick tidbit I found ...it was mentioned that it sounded like Howie lived in Florida too.. It is stated that he is a meterology student. There are only three colleges in Florida where you can study that. FSU in Tallahasee, FIT in Melbourne and The University of Miami. His favorite sports teams the broncos and Hurricanes (U of Miami). I wonder where Maggie got her nurses training? There is a big fireman school in Jacksonville. This is too much of a coincidence.

Okay so we already know that Maggie and Eric are a pair right well what if Maggie and Howie are also a pair but Eric doesn't know it, then Howie and Rachal and so forth and so on... Someone said earlier like a ring or something.

Ok, I think this sounds like a really kewl conspiracy but here's why I don't think it's what is going on. They have been in the house for over a week now and we hear them on the live feeds talking privately about "pairs"... if indeed the people that have figured all the pairs out are smart enough to catch on to that within a week... they are smart enough to realize they all have TWO people to be "paired" up with but, we are not seeing that on the live feeds... they are sticking "with" the only pairs that are already figured out.

However, with that said... I wouldn't be surprised if there is a circle that loops them all together. But, it's a person not in the house. For example if eric and maggie are a "pair" and maggie has another "pair" she's not aware of yet... there's someone in the house that knows someone that she knows. Eric maybe knows someone that knows April... and so on... does this make sense? And that would be true for all of them. But, as I'm typing this it seems it would be an awful lot of work for CBS to give them all a pair and a "hidden" pair and it all equal to be only two pairs for each houseguest so... now, I'm thinking this is a silly thought... LOL

http://www.myspace.com/thejamesrhine

James is from Florida - he goes to school in Georgia.

Morty's idea of a sequester-v-house scenario is a hell of a lot more interesting since it would last a lot longer than just a twist of them figuring each other out and finding a "hidden" room. Maybe the CBS producers will read this thread and get a clue of how to salvage this season. Of course, if they read Morty's ideas last year, they missed a prime opportunity to spice things up with more twins or bringing Holly back as Molly.

Guest Pranayama

Do you think that many of the players do know each other but can only collaborate with one other partner as a team? As you have all mentioned, something else is brewing with the twist CBS has posed. Maybe the twist will be a realignment of the teams.

I think if they were aware they were directly connected to more than one person in the house they would either talk about it with their partner or talk about it in a way on the live feeds (at least one of the people!). I love the all linked together "chain theory" but I think CiCi is right, it's most likely (if at all) to be a chain where there is a link they don't know about. Howie and Rachel could be linked to (randomely pick another pair like James and Sarah) but only if you add in an unknown person to us, that is known to at least one of the members of each pair (i.e. mutual ex girlfriend of Howie and James).

O.K. I picked a bad pair (Howie and James having the same ex, ha!), but the idea works. We hear about exes, sometimes, but don't know them usually.....

Tonights the night...can't wait to see if we got the pairs right!!!!!!!

Guest Tareq's No1 Fan

Here's an idea.

What if the HGs had to pick a name out of a hat and whoever's name came up was their new secret parter

BUT

here's the rub

Whoever's name the HG picked needs to be with them in the Final 2 for them to collect 1 million dollars, but each HG has a different name so they can't really reveal the secret.

For example - Howie picks Kaysar, and Kaysar picks Maggie. Howie needs to protect Kaysar and align himself so that if they're final 2, he has a chance at the million. At the same time Kaysar needs to keep Maggie safe for his purpose.

In the end, it's all about who keeps their secret partner safe that counts and no one can reveal it.

So the backstabbing factor makes things juicier because suddenly you have Howie campaigning to evict Rachel in favor of someone that he barely knows.

TIGHT!!!

LOL Jazzy that maybe it... I have always heard 5 but you know how that goes too... LOL
Could this be the 5 person rule you think? You know the one about everyone is connected to everyone else by 5 people...
I think they are talking about 5 degrees of separation, like the Kevin Bacon game.

SIX degrees of Seperation. The game was that you could connect every actor/actress ever to Kevin Bacon in six degrees or less.

Okay so what I want to know is what do you all think will happen from here:

The King and Queen (Eric & Ivette) of the Kingdom Ervette succeed over the next three weeks of getting rid of the outcasts (Michael, Kaysar & Janelle) in their beautiful kingdom. Then what? Do they think that they are all going to win at that point? That BB will say ohhh look they all stuck together so we'll just end the show so they can be a happy little kingdom. Give me a break, they are going to end up turning on each other like a pack of hungry piranhas worse then what the outcasts could have ever done to them

Honestly I would like to see a triple eviction this week, lets get the outcasts out and get to the real violence and watch as they devour themselves.

IMO I think that Eric and Ivette believe that people will line up to be chosen to be evicted, like okay I have deemed you will go this week, no hard feelings and nothing personal, think of it as an honor that you have been chosen, and they will be like okay thank you oh captain my captain.

I liken it to the little purple or blue aliens in Toy Story the movie, at the arcade, when they are awaiting to be chosen by the claw and they all rejoice when someone has be LUCKY enough to be chosen.

After the outcasts, I see the king and queen dictating it something like Jennifer, April, Rachel, James, Howie, & Sarah with Beau, Ivette, Maggie and Eric all final 4.

Although What I suspect will happen is eric and ivette will start to self destruct when ivette dictates that she wants maggie out and Eric refuses, Anarchy will reign in the Kingdom of Ervette. I give Eric and Ivette 3 to 4 weeks in the house after the final outcast leaves. That is provided that a Outcast (Kaysar or Janelle doesn't win HOH in the next 2 weeks and prematurely causes Anarchy in the Kingdom of Ervette sooner)

What are your predictions?

All I can say is I can't waitb for the sheep to see the final tapes and realize what asses they were. The real fireworks will be at the reunion show. And I hope that certain people are dignified enough to NOT show up and show the sheep for exactly what they are

Dep

Guest MickeysMom

I think the kingdom is finally beginning to crumble. Eric found out the Mike hitting the wall incident did NOT happen.

He is not a happy camper now. Couple with the fact that he is allowing Ivette to lead him around by the nose.

Just yesterday morning....less than 8 hours after the incident, Ivette was whining about how 'mean' Kayser was to her......yadda yadda yadda.

Eric better start waking up and smelling the coffee....getting rid of Ivette and April may be the only way he makes it to the final four.