I'm Bored --- How Many Days Until Bb9???

surfgranny

I walked around the house bored stupid with Big Brother gone. No Housecalls, no live feeds, not even much to talk about on this board and I live here in the summer!

The first Thursday after ED won, instead of screaming @ the screen during the vote or the HOH comp as I had become accustomed to, I watched Survivor. Ho-hum. It seemed downright dead compared to BB which is why I started thinking sarcastic thoughts like Would it be harder for this season's cast to survive China or each other?

Some of you may remember that my Yorkie has kidney failure because of melamine tainted wheat germ from China. Thankfully I still have her with me (along with a shitload of vet bills) but it made me wonder if this Survivor cast will be as lucky. Because I have a bone to pick with Chinese manufacturers, I eased my boredom by making a tongue in cheek video slamming recalled Chinese goods. It's called Survivor China, Total Recall.

If you're as bored as I am, click

and let me know what you think. I just posted it a couple of hours ago and now I'm bored again - sitting here trying to think of another lame-assed topic to spoof on video. Any ideas or feedback you can give me surely should help me make a better one this time.

That was really cute! ;)

I love the snark.

I am very sorry to hear about your pup, surfgranny, that is a real tragedy. I am glad that she is still with you though.

i enjoyed watching dick this summer.... but i dont want to watch him again.... too much extras came with him. i prefer my BB w/o the extras!

i am ready for all new people and hopefully people that dont know each other.

I enjoyed your video, funny and sad at the same time because it is truthful about the products being foisted on all of us. It makes me angry that American business is being very short-sighted in pursuit of profits. Innocent children, pets and consumers are the ones paying the price for their greed.

Good Job Surfgranny and my heart goes out to you and your pup.

The last thing I want to do right now is watch another season of BB. I need more than a month to ... what's the term I'm looking for... IDK... but if someone has a good word I can use, let me know, but you know what I mean... hopefully lol. Plus, it's almost been a month and people are still talking about BB and having huge discussions, debates, and even arguments. Is this forum ever going to die down?

Is the word you're looking for "decompress," CB? ;)

LOL, CB... this season certainly has seemed to spark some really fierce discussions! I think we probably all need a little decompression time before we get back into our favorite summer pastime!

This season has been the worst by far for the opinions and things... Most seasons this forum would've been dead way before now... I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

This is my first season of bb at Morty's so I wouldn't know what the previous years posting was like.

I had a blast this year watching BB 8 and only hope next year can be half as entertaining.

Well the difference for me this year is that fellow posters have judged me for who I like in the game.

If I liked someone they thought was trash then I was trash too.

Really sad. I have always respected who people like and don't like. As long as they don't malign me getting their point across.

Trash, Marty???? I surely hope not!!! Doesn't make it right, but people have been judged here for whom they liked since I can remember. I was a lurker seasons 4 and 5, but I seem to remember people who liked Nakomis being called freaks, etc. Season Six is when I started posting and the two camps - Fiendsheep and SOVs - went at it all summer. (Guess which side I was...) People who liked the sheep were lumped in with their faves and called brainless mind-controlled followers while the SOV lovers were taunted for being gullible and sore losers.

This summer's board didn't seem as divided as in Season 6 - mostly because there were people who didn't like what Dick did but still wanted to keep him in the house for the drama, wanted him to win because he had the most game, etc. Season 6 was black and white here - you were either a SOV or a Sheep, whereas this year there were defininte shades of grey. To be sure there were all-out Dick lovers who loved everything he did and wanted more, and Dick haters who wanted him DOR, but there also was a strong contingent of folks who spanned the spectrum from dark grey to off-white when it came to Dick. I was one of them -

• I hated what he did but watched the feeds as if I were glued to my screen when he went off that Saturday morning.
  • I thought based on what Scott was sent DOR for, Dick probably should have been gone as well - except I didn't want him to go because I wanted high ratings so there'd be a BB9
  • I wanted Jameka to go against Zach in the final two, but I also wanted Dick and Dani to go against each other. When it was Dick and Dani, I wanted Dick to win.

Even after he won, because of how Dick was humbled by America's putting him in the position so he could win rather than saying "America's Player had nothing to do with it - Dani and I were the best ever at strategy" I knew then that the right guy had won.

Oh, and thanks everyone for the positive words about the Survivor China Total Recall video. It took a long time to make but it was fun. My dog is doing better, btw. Still has the kidney damage, but she's gained over a pound back (and not from eating Chinese food either). Whoohoo!

I still have the feeds rolling. I love watching Dick all over again. I don't watch as much as I did the first time, but still great stuff.

Well the difference for me this year is that fellow posters have judged me for who I like in the game.

That is a reflection of them, not you. I find it extremely strange that people get so personally involved in BB more that any other show. It become the Hatfield's vs The McCoys and it got pretty nasty in BB8 forum almost nightly. People truly hated Dick on a personal level. In my mind, it's just a game, and HGs need do what they need to do to win (playing within the rules). It is not like every season the player who play like Dick wins. Dick won this season, it truly no big deal, or shouldn't be.

Archived