Twist Shmist

bbstyle

Ok, I have an issue with the "twist"

First off, knowing someone in the house is an advantage. PERIOD. Enemies or not, if you know someone, you will feel more comfortable. On the surface it seems as though this is a way that BB can control certain aspects of the game.

Secondly, it says they won't know until they move in, they already know their enemy, unless they are kept out of the public starting today...

Which goes along with my question... "When do the houseguest enter the house?"

From what I remember when Howie was talking last year, he had mentioned how long they had been in the house, and just before the first eviction he said they had been there 13 days. Which would have put them in the house, the thursday before.

Ok, so the twist is a bust, just like every attempt prior to this season to introduce a twist. Ok, the twin twist was classic, only because Jase made it so.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They went into sequester on June 25th... That means they have no idea what is going on outside of that hotel room they are in... If things go according to the way they did in the past, they will be in the house Sunday or so...

Excellent Yana... You are very knowledgeable. At least it will be kept a surprise until they enter the house in which we will see it live.

It's such a bummer, that we can't see the first few hours in the house live un-edited that is such a crucial time, it would be great to see how they interact without the "editing" that will be done.

Well thanks yana you are such a great help.

I hate this enemies twist - it's the fifth year in a row they've used the twist of HGs having connections in the house. Virtually every comment I've seen on various forums wanted the show to go back to being about strangers this year.

I think the America's Player twist though sounds more interesting.

Well, it will if that player doesn't get evicted early on in the game... I can see BB manipulating things so that player stays in though :(

that is a good point the america twist does have appeal. However I have a feeling it too will fall short of the expectations.

I mean, think about it, yes, it would be cool for america to decide on things, but it will be a list of things we can choose from, and not somthing random we can come up with. So again, it will be all within BB control, and that always seems to be more fluff, than substance.

I'm not a hater, I love BB, everything about it and will love anything everything about this season. I just think they should re-consider using people who know each other, because if my worst enemy showed up in the house, the first thing I would do is make a deal, keep my enemey close, until I no longer needed him/her.

they did something like this with australia's bb last year i think it was.. not the viewers.. but they gave a player different tasks to perform and if that person passed, then the house would receive a great prize.. OR that person would be exempt from eviction.

but some of the tasks were really really cool. it took some b*lls to pull a lot of it off. so i am excited to see what our insider gets to do... lets make em do sneaky things.

lets make this person steal all the spoons in the house, one at a time.. then out of the blue... they have no spoons. where are all the spoons!!??? hey? who stole the spoons????? HEY!!!!

I'm thinking that while the America's Player twist has got potential, I doubt it's going to live up to it's expectations.

Remember the Coup d'etat? Mike Boogie had the choice to use it or not to use it, and he ended up not using it. That could have shook up the game, but he never used it so it was a wasted twist. The America's Player has the opportunity to win extra sums of cash, if he does what America says. That means that we could vote to have him vote out his best ally, and America's Player could refuse.

Plus, I'm thinking that it's going to be a tad unfair for certain HouseGuests. For instance, if it's the same person all year, then they are at a disadvantage - do what America says & get the money, or do what I think would be better. Plus, if other HouseGuests find out that they are America's Player (which we all know could easily happen), then they are put at a serious disadvantage.

On the other hand, it wouldn't be much fun if all the HouseGuests knew there was an America's Player, so rotating wouldn't be that great. It would still be interesting, yes, but not nearly as fun. And if they start rotating America's Player, then all the HouseGuests will go, "hmm, I wonder who the AP is this week?" which goes back to that person being at a disadvantage.

Im not loving the "twist" or the houseguests!!

Why cant we have a little diversity in the group? not only in color/background but in age??? Iknow that 20 y/os can sit around all day and do nothing but sunbath....thats no feat!! :sleepy:

toss in a few older people and they can fart all day.. whoohooo now THERE is some entertainment! well.. sorta... but us older people know more than just how to lay out by the pool. i can always find something to do.... what can the two idiots from kansas do?

wait a minute.. i have family from kansas... i should say such things like that. that might be my relative.... oops.

ok.. what can that idiot from the bar do? wait a minute.. i worked in a bar before...

ok.. what can that idot.. from hooters do? boobs.. right.. i forgot. well there is only so much she can do with those!!!

see where i am going here????..................... where exactly am i going? i hate when that happens. darn memory!

I am in agreance with Nun, lets hope they all think they are America's Player and it has a way of rotating..could really spice it up.

The enemy twist is like BB said, keep you enemies closer...till you don't need them.

Still not excited about the cast no matter how many times I watch the tape, but will be optimistic. As usual my glass is always half full. :giggle:

Also agree with the general concencous that though I like the idea, I fear the America's Player twist won't reach it's full potential.

How should "America's Player" be decided - two possible routes IMO. Either during the first week viewers vote for their choice, or perhaps a good twist would be for it to be the first HoH - and then America would decide the first nominees, but they'd have to pass them off as their own.

Fizzle, I'm confused . . .

Did I understand you to say that you were farting all day when you worked at the Hooters in Kansas?

And where was the pool where all the old people were lying around farting? At least they were not IN the pool making bubbles, right?

Archived