Twist Shmist

bbstyle

Well, I won;t say that I am over the moon about the cast, but there seems to be some potential for interesting characters to emerge. At least this season doesn't seem like a bunch of wannabe actors. I get a pretty normal vibe from most of them. But, previous seasons casts have not always impressed me on first viewing either and I have usually ended up loving them. These folks are probably feeling a bit of overload right now and it was obvious some of them were not used to being on camera, so I am willing to give them a break.

But dammit, by week 3, I better be loving and hating them at the same time :)

I do like the Americas Player concept and think it could be quite fun to watch play out as long as BB comes up with good choices for us to vote on. I have a feeling they will start small and build to bigger things once the person is comfortable in their role.

I do with they had done something different with the twist though. Unless these folks really comitted some huge sins against the other, it won't pan out. Did anyone else notice the gay guy stating in the video that he was worried about them bringing in someone from his past who he hated or something to that effect. Almost sounded like he knew the twist already. But his "What's gay and has 2 thumbs" comment cracked us up.

Well, enough for now. Will see how I feel after getting to know them better once the little hampsters are released into their cage for my viewing pleasure.

Dep

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to put myself in the "wait and see" bucket before deciding on the cast members contributions to the gameplay.

I do like the Twist--but only because I see now that this is a younger crowd that are much more likely to hold immature grudges. I am pretty psyched also, that due to the age of the contestants, we'll see (hopefully) some serious debauchery and conflict on the live feeds.

I need more info about the America's Player.

Will it be just one person throughout, or will it alternate ppl? And how is the person (or people) chosen?

When during the season will it start?

Anyone know??

that due to the age of the contestants, we'll see (hopefully) some serious debauchery and conflict on the live feeds.

yeah, thats funny for a day or two.. but then it gets very annoying. think back to BB6 and the nerd herd... at first it was funny how Ivette was always crying about Janie winning everything.. but then it was like "OK ENOUGH" and then there was beau... it was funny he made no sense at all.. for a day, after that it was "OK ENOUGH" learn how to talk! and then we had April... who said she really wasnt a smoker.. but then puffed her brains out as she complained about every little thing. it was funny for 2 days, but then she too got "OK ENOUGH"

and even their ages were not that young as the cast for bb8.. so i can only imagine what a highschool flashback i am gonna get after watching this group. i would have like to see more people in their 30's at least.

i think it is too say this season is going to suck. i am not thrilled with the twist, i didn't like the twist in bb6 either. however, i think that bb6 is one of the best seasons the show has had. so i think it is too soon to say this will be a bad season. sure it could be a bust, but it could turn into a good season too.

I don't like the America's Player thing. I think it's going to clout strategy and make things a lot less interesting of a game. I would also absolutely hate for something to occur where America dislikes a houseguest so they force the America's Player vote to evict them. That would just be completely unfair and suck in terms of gameplay.

i really like the america's player thing, but i do hope they have a plan in place to tag the next person in case america's player is evicted first! that would take the helium out of the balloon.

Ok, I am having a slight issue with the enemy twist. I have read that they are NOT supposed to know that they will be in the house with someone they know (Dick vs Danielle). Yet, if you look at Dicks myspace it seems he logged on just yesterday. Could have been someone other then himself logging in, but makes me wonder if he knows. It would be easy to search since its all over the web right now and he had access to the internet. Am I way off here with my suspicion?

this twist if true is bb 4 and 6 all over again. can i say house divided

they're not supposed to have internet access..

I'm not sure how a father and daughter could be kept secret from each other. Even if they're estranged I think one would still find out they're parent/child was going on Big Brother.

Well, I am sorry to say this (really I am), but I can see how it could happen... I don't talk to my father... Not really estranged per si'... We just don't talk... If this were the two of us I would never know he was there until seeing him... I haven't talked to him in 8 years and the last time I tried to call and go by his old house he had moved and left no forwarding address... He doesn't even know he has two great grand children, how the hell would he find out about Big Brother?

Yeah Ginger the enemies thing is true... We already know one of the pairs for sure and have reason to believe in at least two more...

how is this twist different from the ex twist

They won't know until they get in the house that their enemies are there... We (posters on this and other boards) have already figured out at least one of the pairs...

Archived