Are you upset over the HOH redo?

margreek

Are you upset over the HOH redo?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Are you upset over the HOH redo?

• Yes
    • No

Why does everyone forget that BEFORE Howies malfunctioning buzzer, Boogies malfuntioned. It did not light up at all and Julie Chen didnt even notice. So basically Boogie was still playing after not even submitting an answer (which could have been wrong). They had no choice but to redo the comp and everyone had the same chance to win. There is nothing to be upset about.

Mikes buzzer didn't work but I dont think it was a big deal.He would have never have went on the block anyways.I do not blame Howie for being upset.If erika won hoh Janie and howie would have went up forsure.And Howie would have probably left the house this week.

So instead it's better for Janie and Howie to be in power, and ERIKA to be nominated, so Erika can go home.

Yah, that's fair.

:rolleyes:

To answer this thread poll, yes I am upset by it. Although the word 'upset' doesn't really cover it .. because this little fiasco has proven to me that this game IS rigged, (and no I do not care if you agree with me, I am entitled to my opinion so do not try to debate the point with me) where as before I had thought the producers maybe were just EXTRA selective of which comps they chose to favor certain houseguests.

Now I know they can and will be willing to take a MUCH heavier hand in things than I think is right, or ethical, to get the outcome they want.

At this point how I feel is no longer upset. I am seriously disillusioned by a game that I once loved. I can no longer view it with innocent eyes .. and a LOT of the draw, or emotional investment I may have made on my own to the show that I have devoted the last 5 summers of my life to watching, recording, and talking about kind of went out of me.

A part of me honestly felt, for the first time .. what's the point? It's rigged anyway.

And that's kind of sad. Because I am not just some fly-by-fan who started watching last season. I'm someone who has been loyal, and in good times AND bad stuck with this show.

And now a part of me really doesn't want to.

And yes, I would feel this way had the situations been reversed and the producers had decided that janie and howie had been in power too long and they should throw the floaters, or CT a bone. It's not about WHO won this week, so much as they took action they shouldn't have to change the out-come of this game, and not allow it to run it's course.

Maybe it's me .. but I don't believe life should have 'do-overs'. Especially when the HOH had been officially given to Erika. At that point it was too late to stop, go back and re-do the whole comp.

The point to stop would have been while they were on air the first time.

Or to have said something prior to Julie having said 'congratulations Erika, you're the new HOH.'

^^nice post^^

it seems like, during this season, we're seeing more and more shady dealings going on behind the scenes. and it all started with the contestant selections...

america votes for some and BB puts whoever else they choose in the house. some of the HG's were going to be in there whether we voted for them or not. also, I don't remember BB saying that "america will pick some and we'll do the rest". I just remember the commercials saying to be sure to vote for the Hg"s.

so, we go from there to a whole bunch of comps where we aren't EXACTLY sure who wins. The graveyard comp where the home viewers can't see the scores until it ends. besides that... how do we know who rang in first and how they voted in THAT comp? we were only allowed to see one person at a time and sometimes not even THEIR score. looking back, BB could have given those prizes to whoever they wanted to and NOBODY would have known. Coup power??? come back to the diary room, give your answer in private and we'll let everyone know who won later... please... "uh, Chicken George, we'd think it would make for good ratings if you were HOH this week. Please look into the camera and say 'You are the next head of household'. thank you!". what other comps could have easily been rigged? the ones where one person (or a group) competed in the backyard by themselves?

i always gave BB the benefit of the doubt before, but this season has been a different story. little stuff like the diary room. why does chilltown get to go in there together? i haven't seen other HG's go in there with partners. even if they weren't receiving info from BB, it at least gave them a chance to talk without interruption or any eavesdropping. definately an advantage over other HG's...

or do I just need to switch to decaf???

At this point how I feel is no longer upset. I am seriously disillusioned by a game that I once loved. I can no longer view it with innocent eyes .. and a LOT of the draw, or emotional investment I may have made on my own to the show that I have devoted the last 5 summers of my life to watching, recording, and talking about kind of went out of me.

And that's kind of sad.

Yes, that is kind of sad. Not the part about the show, the part about you not realizing it's just an entertainment show.

I dont understand how you people can honestly say the game is rigged... IF anything it's rigged to go AGAINST the SOV's... Like the 4th week HOH where when people got an answer correctly they could knock someone out... I bet the producers were banking on the fact that everyone would eliminate the SOV's because they know they are good at the Comp's like that ESPECIALLY Janelle... But what happened....

Marcellas eliminated Boogie

Erika eliminates George

Those are TWO chances they had to get rid of her in that game and they didn't... So how was that rigged??

And if you can honestly say that the first HOH was rigged, i feel sorry for you...

Janelle is awesome at the questions comp because she studies for it all the time, why cant that just be the end of it instead of saying its rigged for her to win?? In season 5 drew won 4 HOH's, I dont think anyone was crying about the game being rigged... Give credit where credit is due, just because you don't like someone doesn't mean its rigged.

I'm not upset that it was redone - just at how they redid it. Of all the houseguests, Howie is the one I can't stand, but he did get screwed out of a chance @ hoh and the competiton needed to be replayed - FROM THE POINT OF THE MALFUNCTION!

Letting players who were eliminated BEFORE the malfunction play again is just as unfair as not redoing the competition at all. I'm a big CG fan, but he shouldn't have been able to compete again.

Hopefully we will get some answers on tonights show....

Letting players who were eliminated BEFORE the malfunction play again is just as unfair as not redoing the competition at all. I'm a big CG fan, but he shouldn't have been able to compete again.

Boogies malfunctioned too, so we don't really know yet to what extint the malfunction was really

Why is there such a big to do over CBS redoing the comp? When something malfunctions ..the only fair thing to do is start over with everyone having an equal shot..think logically....Erika had not "won" anything...we have no way of knowing who won because the equipment wasn't working properly...why is that so hard to understand?? :blink:

I am really glad they replayed HOH...I had not checked the boards since Thursday night when Erika had won HOH. I saw that Howie's response had malfuncitoned but I did not catch Boogies. I just thought this game is going to get really boring with Erika HOH and they would be unlikely to review the game since they announced HOH on live television. So yes I am glad they replayed and someone else is HOH because HGs like Dr. Will and Janelle keep the game interesting and ramped up. I don't care if they win, I just like the game to be entertaining.

exit thread <_<

I'm not in the least upset. The original competition was fatally flawed. It was the fair thing to do.

It was also interesting that when BB apologized to Eriks, she said, "that's ok-----I want it to be fair." and didn't start complaining about how unfair it was until her butt was sitting in the nomination chair.

I think they did right if the buzzers failed but the people who were out because of incorrect answers should not have been allowed to play the 2nd time. I just think they wanted Janelle to stay in the game and it gave her a second chance over the other houseguests.

Archived