Big Brother 7: What changes would you make?

Brekkie Boy

"Amy won't be back... She has been married less than a month... She won't do it... Sorry..."

Plus I read in an interview with Marcellas that they "didn't make it" outside of the house. The "where are they now" segment the next year showed Marcellas and Lisa hanging out together. And another thread on here has proposed Will (from BB5) as a potential replacement for Marcellas on Housecalls should Marcellas get picked to go back into the house.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the premiere of Big Brother is in only 8 days and we're all trying to guess what certain twists are going to be. What twists do you think Big Brother might come up with?

I think big brother might come up with a twist that makes it impossible to backdoor someone with the veto. In this scenario, the only replacement nominee the HOH could put up would be one of the people who played in the veto competition. Whoever did not play in the veto competition would be guaranteed safety for next week. How does that sound?

a twist to cut down on the backdooring i would like. a twist that those who dont get put on the block that week has to eat pb and jelly that week.

Re: the backdoor strategy. It's great as a one-off, but shouldn't be the main way of evicting people. The HoH should be encouraged to nominate who they really want out.

I've posted this before, but it's worth repeating here:

One way of eliminating this (but still leaving the option open) is linking the Veto to the jackpot.

Simply, the Jackpot begins at $1,000,000 but everytime the Veto is used, $100,000 is knocked off the jackpot.

That would discourage the backdoor strategy - though it could still be used if they really wanted someone out and were willing to sacrifice $100,000 of the jackpot.

It would also really test alliances - would HGs be as willing to save an allie knowing the jackpot will decrease as a result?

I can also imagine all the pressure on a nominee not to save themselves when they win the Veto, with other HGs promising they won't vote them out if they don't use the Veto.

As for other changes - well, it's all too predictable. With BBUSA you can guarantee every week there will be a HoH comp, nominations, the Veto and an eviction. It never changes!

The thing that has really improved BBUK in recent years is even the nominations and evictions can not be guaranteed. HMs can't even be certain that once a HM is evicted, they really have been evicted.

This Friday there will be a fake eviction with the "evictee" moving to a secret house "next door" where they will be joined by five new housemates.

Definately want to see the food competitions last the whole season this year, not just the first five weeks, while it be good to have more than a couple of luxury competitions. They should be at least every other week.

Agree with the comments about the HoH room to some extent - though I think it's up to the HoH to decide who can go in there room, and last year the fact the Friendship wouldn't trust an allie to be left alone for five minutes revealed alot about them.

I'd split the HoH in two so the HoH gets a private bedroom/bathroom, but the rest of the HoH suite is more open planned.

As for twists, in intrigues me the constant references to the viewers having more say than ever before.

Obviously back in BB1 you could vote to evict and determine the winner, but all info so far has suggested the HGs will continue to do the voting themselves, so no idea what it could be.

Perhaps there will be weeks when the viewers choose the HoH or the Veto winner.

Just to add the "drama" to the season. I think America will pick it's "favorites" then the producers will pick a nemisis for each of americas picks. i.e. Kasar for america vs Dr Will for the producers or Janelle for america and Ivette for the producers pick. Just my thoughts any takers?

Heck yeah.... They will be masterminding the whole thing after tonights voting ends.. each person will probably have their counterpart named by midnight tonight!

We, the loyal fans, get to wait a whole week to find out who it is.

Life is so fair!! :angry:

Re: Veto holder naming the replacement.

Everyone likes this idea, but I do agree with what the producers have said in the past in that it takes away too much power from the HoH.

Already it's arguable the Veto has become more important than HoH in the last couple of years!

I do think as a one off twist at some point mid-season though it would be great - or back to the idea of money being knocked off the jackpot, it could be different amounts are knocked off depending on how you use the Veto:

e.g.

$50,000 to save ANOTHER HG

$100,000 to save YOURSELF

$150,000 to save a nominee AND name a replacement

$250,000 to save a nominee AND nominate the HoH as a replacement

I'd love to see a twist one week where the HoH is at risk of eviction, probably through some kind of secret mission.

For example, at the beginning of the week the HoH is told he must make fake nominations and nominate two people he doesn't want evicted. If the HGs figure out the nominees are fake, the HoH will be evicted at the end of the week. If the HoH keeps his secret, they can vote out a houseguest of their choice.

Or on a similar line, a secret HoH (perhaps chosen by the viewers). Somehow they would nominate in secret and have to keep their position of HoH a secret throughout the week. At the end of the week the HGs are asked to identify the HoH, and if they do so correctly, the HoH is evicted. If the HoH remains a secret, they get the sole vote to evict one of the nominees.

Or an even simpler twist - just make America HoH for a week. Let them pick the nominees, and if neccessary pick the replacement nominee.

keep america choice outta the game twist. :lol:

Archived