Kathy - Week 3 (Nominee)

CeCiMom

Kathy is a waste of space in the BB house. She can't do comps, she floats like she's on a space station, but because she's got a sad story everyone in the house gives her a pass. We need more EDs in the house that can see through all that crap.

Yeppers!! He'd be on her like stink on doo doo!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, in my opinion, smoking has everything to do with her game play. She is USING her cancer for a sympathy pass to stay in the game and probably will try to use it to get to the end and win. Smoking causes cancer, which she is recovering from, so to me it's relevant, and I'll talk about it if I see fit. Plus, who said she was dirt under anyone's feet?

It just amazes me that people will keep smoking even when facing potential death from cancer, lung disease etc. There are so many tools out there now to help people quit, that I have a hard time with the "I just can't" excuse. Reality is if you don't quit it's probably because you don't really want to. JMHO of course.

Well, in my opinion, smoking has everything to do with her game play. She is USING her cancer for a sympathy pass to stay in the game and probably will try to use it to get to the end and win. Smoking causes cancer, which she is recovering from, so to me it's relevant, and I'll talk about it if I see fit. Plus, who said she was dirt under anyone's feet?

It just amazes me that people will keep smoking even when facing potential death from cancer, lung disease etc. There are so many tools out there now to help people quit, that I have a hard time with the "I just can't" excuse. Reality is if you don't quit it's probably because you don't really want to. JMHO of course.

ditto what Sugar said. Just plain "toopid".

Concerning Kathy's illness and smoking;

I just read the warning on a co-workers pack of cigarettes and I quote .....

"MADE IN THE USA"

"SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking By Pregnant Women May Result in Fetal Injury, Premature Birth, And Low Birth Weight."

"UNDERAGE SALE PROHIBITED"

I don't see any warning on the pack of cigarette pack that says smoking causes cancer. And, I'm looking all over it because I think it's a law to post warnings.

I neither endorse or condone cigarette smoking. It's a personal choice.

If Kathy wants to play the cancer card I don't care, because her illness was/is the truth.

If Matt wants to play the wife's cancer card I find it appalling, because it's a lie.

Sometimes laying around, staying under the radar, and looking as if you are unable to win anything, IS gameplay. Just saying, and not that I totally agree, she really hasn't done anything to say she is a strong player, but, maybe this is her way of doing just that. Others have made it a long way in this manner.

I like her ok, I think her smoking is her business, even though it's not smart, especially in her case, however, nothing to really do with this game.

Here, again, we have the stories about her, playing on sympathy maybe, I guess it's gameplay.

I like Kathy, I think there are more important fish to fry than her, at the moment.

Someone posted here that seemed to know Kathy that her cancer was 9 years ago. If that is true then she has passed the 5 year considered cancer free mark. The only thing is cancer would like to come back in a different form. The different form could be lung cancer..... :disappointed: People preaching and the disdain for smokers was a factor that helped me quit. They alternate the messages on the cigarette packs. Some say smoking can cause cancer and some say other slogans.

Whatever on the cigs...as long she doesn't smoke near me I have no issues

with that said she is lazy and doesn't do much. That is my reason for disliking her though she is clearly not at the top of my dislike list like some HG's I know

-Kyo

agreed Sugar, it amazes me that she talks about the illness, then puffs like a smokestack, yes she does some laundry, but that is not a BB game strategy, I also have a really hard time with the " I just cant quit" oh yes you can, smoking makes you lazy, lazy and sucks the life right out of you. I got nothing for Kathy, except I hope she hits the door on thurs, I am not sure I think she should even be in the BB house this season

Sometimes laying around, staying under the radar, and looking as if you are unable to win anything, IS gameplay. Just saying, and not that I totally agree, she really hasn't done anything to say she is a strong player, but, maybe this is her way of doing just that. Others have made it a long way in this manner.

I like her ok, I think her smoking is her business, even though it's not smart, especially in her case, however, nothing to really do with this game.

Here, again, we have the stories about her, playing on sympathy maybe, I guess it's gameplay.

I like Kathy, I think there are more important fish to fry than her, at the moment.

well ppl can like her, I dont dislike her, smoking is her business and choice, but when she is on national telly doing not a darn thing puffing away and talking about cancer, I really take issue with it. This floating thing has been talked about over and over, yes it could be considered game play, but I dont think it is any great game strategy, just plain laziness, and thru every season of BB the floaters have not been a great bunch and a lot of us really dislike them and floating as a game playng strategy. I think she is worthless in this game and needs to go by by, for sure. I think the smoking just adds to the laziness, and I know for a fact that smoking is not conducive to pulling yourself through a river of molasses, or carmel.

In my opinion, Kathy is the perfect BB pawn. And, any opinion I have of Kathy's ability in the game came to focus when she was barely able to even move her ass from the caramel. That was embarrassing.

Like I said, she might come out slugging at any time. I'm waiting.

Smoking and laziness...... I believe I read somewhere that nicotine is a stimulant, not a depressant.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think it is both and I think that both are short-lived, hence the addiction process. I'm no expert on the subject.

well ppl can like her, I dont dislike her, smoking is her business and choice, but when she is on national telly doing not a darn thing puffing away and talking about cancer, I really take issue with it. This floating thing has been talked about over and over, yes it could be considered game play, but I dont think it is any great game strategy, just plain laziness, and thru every season of BB the floaters have not been a great bunch and a lot of us really dislike them and floating as a game playng strategy. I think the smoking just adds to the laziness, and I know for a fact that smoking is not conducive to pulling yourself through a river of molasses, or carmel.

I know! I mean cancer is a monster. Don't get me wrong. But trying to get sympathy from the other guests while simultaneously smoking is almost as bad as lying to someone's face. It seems like Kathy wants to ride the sympathy train to get her through the show. NOT smoking would help her better do that, imo.

So um, like you know, I ummmm, think that like, I ummm, you know, want Kathy to ummmm, like, go this week. Because ummm, like you know, ummm, like if I have to ummm, like you know, listen to her ummm, like you know, talk any longer, ummmm, I might ummmm, like you know SCREAM!!!!!! GAWD say what the frick you are going to say and stop say ummm, like, you know!!!

Could you imagine being interrogated by her. I'd crack in umm like you know, a second.

She may always be a poor BB player, and she may choose a truly bad habit or two along the way but she is one of the kindest people I have ever seen this up close and personal without meeting. I would be honored to call her my friend as I know she would honor me. I do not want to shut out one good person in my life simply because I did not agree with every choice she makes. As judgemental as many of you are you will miss many of the gifts God sends your way.

All that is very nice of you to not judge but this IS a reality show and that is kinda what we do in these forums. I don't think anyone has said anything mean and nasty about Kathy. I think this season we have all been pretty nice ... so far. :inquisitive:

and I think God loves me too and I don't think I am going to miss those "gifts" because I said I think Kathy should not smoke. :dontgetit:

She may always be a poor BB player, and she may choose a truly bad habit or two along the way but she is one of the kindest people I have ever seen this up close and personal without meeting. I would be honored to call her my friend as I know she would honor me. I do not want to shut out one good person in my life simply because I did not agree with every choice she makes. As judgemental as many of you are you will miss many of the gifts God sends your way.[/font]

No doubt, Kathy does seem VERY nice, and I would love to be friends with her in real life, too. I would never shut out a person like her and I doubt many others would. What you said above sounded kind of judgemental, though, too. God's blessing are, imo, up to God and once He promises them - He delivers. I don't claim to be GOd so I'm not going to say someone is going to miss out on something because they state their opinion about something. I would tell them, "What comes around goes around." If you are prepared to say something about someone else and judge them, be prepared to be judged. If you can't handle it, don't say anything at all. Losing your blessings has to do often times with not being thankful for what you have or have been given, I think.

ladycop.jpg

:animated_rotfl: Love it! Where did you get the cartoon, Slim?

Smoking and laziness...... I believe I read somewhere that nicotine is a stimulant, not a depressant.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

OMG, well it sucks the very oxygen that you breath out of you and it does make it hard to move around when short of oxygen, I know it made me lazy as hell when I was a smoker, no matter how it is put out there smoking is very bad for anyone cancer survivor or not

All that is very nice of you to not judge but this IS a reality show and that is kinda what we do in these forums. I don't think anyone has said anything mean and nasty about Kathy. I think this season we have all been pretty nice ... so far. :inquisitive:

and I think God loves me too and I don't think I am going to miss those "gifts" because I said I think Kathy should not smoke. :dontgetit:

couldn't have said it better, why is everyone taking the fact that some of us do not appreciate the smoking and acting like we have committed a major like faux pas, its just an opinion of someone on a reality show, this fourm is where we come to say what we think good and bad about our favorite or least favorite houseguests.

Marty, we all see these HG's in a certain light based on our value system. I must disagree regarding no mean or rude comments not being made. I was taken back by many of the judgemental and hateful statements made about Kathy. IMHO, I think the statements we make about the people in this crazy house truly says more about us and less about them.

listen mean and jusdgemental comments about these houseguests is allowed here, and yet somehow it keeps getting off topic about why we should not feel the way we do, lets keep it aout the houseguests not whether you think our opinions are not right, or agree with yours, to each his own, this is BB, my comments were absolutely meant to be judgemental on the smoking, that is my opinion

Marty, we all see these HG's in a certain light based on our value system. I must disagree regarding no mean or rude comments not being made. I was taken back by many of the judgemental and hateful statements made about Kathy. IMHO, I think the statements we make about the people in this crazy house truly says more about us and less about them.

OK again.... this is a forum where we do BASH the HG and say mean things and nice things.If you think this is a place to only say nice things you are on the wrong forum. I am tired of you attacking me and others. And.... I think I have a very good value system.

just sayin

Hey, I'm an equal opportunity judgmental beotch -- there's so much to work with in the BB house -- Kathy's smoking while simultaneously whining about cancer; Matt making up his wife having a serious medical condition; Kristin and Rachel for being bimbos.....

You know, I guess it's just what we do, and I'll bet you do it too. This just happens to be about someone you like on the show or someone touched a nerve about the whole smoking issue. Whatever, I don't really care. This is fun and recreational for many of us, and frankly, it's pretty harmless. It's not like we are stalking these folks and telling them they are bad people. They put themselves in a situation where they are watched 24/7, and they act like assclowns, so I'm thinking they pretty much are opening the door for anyone to say just about anything they want. But of course that is JUST my humble opinion.

PS - hope Kathy goes home this week too. Andrew has the potential to be much more entertaining (ridiculous at times, but potentially entertaining).

Archived