Why Do The Obvious Threats Make-it So Far?

ThatGuy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what is with the "america is stupid" comments?

when people say that, they are basically saying anyone here that doesnt vote a certain way... is stupid. and what is worse... the majority is voting that certain way.. so the majority is stupid hu?

give me a break already!

It's a plurality, not a majority.

Funny, visit the political threads on this board and "America" is called stupid many a time for voting Bush in.

I was part of that "America" and who cares what people think about how I vote in polls that actually count for something or in polls related to hg on a "reality" tv show.

Amen to that. The problem is, in America it's perfectly acceptable to say voting Bush in for a second term was stupid because it's politically correct. It's sad, but true.

've think they've made it this far because they are just that damn good and AP saved Dick's ass one week and has forced Eric to kind of join. But in the earlier weeks, Dick/Dani played a wonderful game.

Umm, in the early weeks D/D didn't play any game. Dick was just verbally abusing half the houseguests, that was his game, and Dani was in bed with Nick all the time. It AMAZES me how much people say Dani is the best player even though for the first month at least she did absolutely nothing in the game but sit in bed with Nick. Her first HoH was given to her by Kail. Her FATHER, I repeat, her FATHER kept her in the game by giving her veto so THAT had nothing to do with her game.

Drink the D/D kool aid if you want but at least get the facts straight. Dani was saved by her father, otherwise she'd be gone. It had nothing to do with Dani's game. Dick was saved by Eric, who was saved by the producers.

D/D are still here due to blind luck, Dick's devotion to Dani and the AP.

They are OK players but they are nothing special. Will and Boogie would have DESTROYED them.

i dont do politics. and i certainly dont go into political threads. bush? who is that? sAni_monkey3.gif

i dont believe there is anyone in the BB house named "bush".... so it has nothing to do with what we are talking about here in the BB forum.

kail didnt give daniele that HOH comp... kail said she was gonna drop and that she couldnt even hear daniele.... so she was trying to make any kind of deal to save herself. Daniele was also struggling, but she outlasted everyone that night hanging upside down... i do believe she could have outlasted kail had they kept hanging. kail was going to drop any second.

dick has played this game the whole time he has been in the house. daniele... not so much, not until Nick left. but since then, she has played and played hard. that i have to give her. if only she could have done it without being a snotty whining brat. :glare:

all it would take is one different move in the game at any point and the rest of the game could have played out so differently. going all the way back to week 1 or 2.... if amber was out week 1, who is to say the rest would have gone in that order? heck, it could have been dustin week 2 and Joe could still be here.

I stand by my opinion that Dick and Daniele are playing the BEST game this season. I have to give Zach his creds too. I think his silent and then attack at the end worked for him. It is so important now to keep your head in the game. It seems that D, D and Z have their game face on.

Not all the HG are doing that.

See, the difference between D/D and Chill Town is that CT never once got close to going home. They really didn't. D/D came close numerous times but had their fat pulled out of the fire by something that wasn't their personal doing (ie. Dick giving Dani veto or Eric getting Dick to stay). Chill Town were very good at strategy and making deals with SMARTS whereas Dick does it with threats and intimidation. Dick is like a bull in a china shop who gets his way by crashing into things and causing chaos.

Is it good game play or just blind luck that he is in a house full of simps?

Kaysar wouldn't have taken this. Mike wouldn't have taken this. Cappy wouldn't have taken this. Will wouldn't have taken this.

If Dick and Dani were in season 6 or all stars I believe at least one of them would have been gone the first month because as obnoxious as some of them were, or as much as some of them were hated, they were good players. Maggie would have had Dick out by the ear. Cappy would have slugged him and gotten them both evicted. Ivette would have gotten in his face a thousand times by now. Howie would have manned up as would Kaysar. James would have outthought him tenfold.

I won't bash D/D fans anymore, I can see Dick's rough charms...but I do not believe, nor will I ever believe, he was a good player. This season was a perfect storm of moronic houseguests, the AP and blind luck for D/D, mixed with some strategic gameplay.

After all, Appalachian state just beat Michigan.

i remember in Season 6 we were calling everyone in that house idiots too.

it happens every year. no matter how smart people are, they become dumb when they go into the BB house. the do stupid things and make stupid choices. they allow themselves to be seen in ways that normally they would never ever be caught dead doing.

See, the difference between D/D and Chill Town is that CT never once got close to going home.

You are only thinking of All Stars. Remember that was their second time in the house. The first time Boogie got sent home 4th. All Stars is completely different because you know what works, and what doesn't since you've been there before.

Chill Town were very good at strategy and making deals with SMARTS

Absolutely disagree.

I said this throughout last season, and I'll say it now: Chilltown succeeded in being the puppet masters only because the other HG's allowed themselves to be puppets.

I was totally incredulous last year, watching the HG's get played like that. Some were reasonably smart in many ways, but when it came to Chilltown, and particularly Will, they were really dumb.

So, no, I don't believe that CT's success had anything to do with their "strategy" or "smarts", and everything to do with lack of same from the other HG's.

Drink the D/D kool aid if you want but at least get the facts straight. Dani was saved by her father, otherwise she'd be gone. It had nothing to do with Dani's game. Dick was saved by Eric, who was saved by the producers.

D/D are still here due to blind luck, Dick's devotion to Dani and the AP.

See that there is just opinion. I can see your view point but frankly I see it another way. I don't feel I have drank the 'kool-aid'. I am simply of a different viewpoint. The whole calling America stupid may seem like nothing to some and maybe it isn't. Perhaps he meant it as EVERYONE. However, if you look in the context of this and the several other time's it's been said, it always seems like it is meant for D/D fans. Point is, I ill never waive my opinion as you won't either, but the fact is D/D fans sure do take a beating from alot of sides.

-Kyo

i remember in Season 6 we were calling everyone in that house idiots too.

it happens every year. no matter how smart people are, they become dumb when they go into the BB house. the do stupid things and make stupid choices. they allow themselves to be seen in ways that normally they would never ever be caught dead doing.

I wasn't. I said how much I hated the Nerd Herd but I didn't say they played a horrible game. SOME of them did like Busto and Jen, but by far I think season 6 had better players overall. The only good players this season are Eric, Dick and Dani. Jen was good at challenges and ignoring Dick but that doesn't maker her a good player, just makes her good at challenges.

Everyone else has been crap, including Zach (because even though he THINKS he's doing well, he's being played three ways from Sunday).

Anyway, it wasn't just that I think Season 6 had better players but it was the MIX of players that I don't think would have kept D/D past the first month, ESPECIALLY not Dick. Kaysar and company wouldn't have it because they had testicles. Don't forget there was almost a fight the first two weeks because of all the testosterone in the house and the things Dick has said and done were ten times worse than what Mike did.

See that there is just opinion. I can see your view point but frankly I see it another way. I don't feel I have drank the 'kool-aid'. I am simply of a different viewpoint. The whole calling America stupid may seem like nothing to some and maybe it isn't. Perhaps he meant it as EVERYONE. However, if you look in the context of this and the several other time's it's been said, it always seems like it is meant for D/D fans. Point is, I ill never waive my opinion as you won't either, but the fact is D/D fans sure do take a beating from alot of sides.

It is not my opinion that Dick giving Dani the veto saved Dani because that is EXACTLY what happened. She was 99.999999999% gone had Dick not won that veto and gave it to her, or do you not forget how every single person in the house except Dick had every intention of voting her out. Then of course Dick stayed on the block and stupid Dustin out of ego opened his mouth and said he wanted to go up against dick because he didn't like him.

It is my OPINION Dick and Danielle are good but not great players.

It is FACT Dick taking off Danielle with the veto, the ONLY person who would have done that in the house, is what saved Dani, NOT Dani herself.

How you can say that is opinion even though it was documented in writing, on the feeds and on television is beyond me.

Danielle has won veto after veto, HoH after HoH. THAT is why she is here (and also because of Dick's veto). Not because she is mentally some phenomenal player. She's a great physical player but mentally she sucks in my opinion. She has had her father in the house all year taking care of her. If anything Dick is ten times the player she is. She got by leeching herself to Nick for just over a month, winning comp after comp, and lucking into her father vetoing her.

Her miserable, snotty attitude towards almost everyone in the house PROVES she doesn't play this game well mentally. Dick...DICK is not as mean as she is. He ACTED meaner than his daughter, but it was an ACT (I still didn't like it). Dani, on the other hand, is genuinely mean spirited and nasty. Her father, not so much.

Archived