Religion In The Game

I thought it was distasteful of Jameka to compare her troubles on BB to Jesus!!! This is just a game. I am getting very annoyed with people on reality shows praying to God to win--as if God had nothing better to do than ensure some

game contestant they would win the money.

When Keysar was on, I believed he prayed but if he asked God for the money he didn't do it so we could all be witness.

AMEN

jameka i dont know if bb is pushing the god thing or what but i also get annoy by it

In no way does religion belong in a game that encourages lying and backstabbing. I'm not saying that people that are religious can't play the game. I liked how the guy from BB3 played. (can't remember his name) I hate how Jameka/Amber/Kail use it to justify certain things. I don't think god gives a crap about Big Brother... Praying to win a contest while there are others that pray to save their children or relatives from dying...you can't compare that!!

I am a strong Christian who doesn't hide my faith but going into BB I don't believe I would let it be a major thing. Yes its a part of me but I feel as if alot of them for one push their views onto people & I also feel its not a place for it. I think God has WAY bigger things to deal then to hear me about a POV contest. Also it bothers me when one minute they are reading the bible and talking God & the next minute cussing like truckers....Amber is VERY bad about that & I have heard Jameka do the same thing. I don't remember Kaysar or anyone else bringing his religion into play on EVERYTHING in the game... in BB3 I think it was , Jason< who was also a christian and it was mentioned but never as much as it has been played out on this season. They are using God for EVERYTHING.. almost as an excuse....that bothers me alot.

Bama, I totally agree with you! What also bugs me is that one minute Jam is reading her bible and the next shes talking about karma. Corrrect me if Im wrong but isnt karma part of Buddhism? Last I checked the only reward offered for living a righteous life was heaven and good things happen to "bad" people as often as bad things happen to "good" people. Do I believe that God wanted Jameka in the game for some reason? Yes. Do I believe the outcome of BB8 is preordained? NO!

I have no problem with people leveraging or practicing their religious/spiritual beliefs during the game. Beliefs can be a great tool to help indivdual players get through a game as stressful as this. One of the reasons I liked Kaysar...he kept practicing his religious principles in spite of the game. Other players need to be careful about interpreting/predicting/projecting how other people's beliefs might affect their gameplay because beliefs are so individual, personal and often evolving. Also, individual beliefs are really only good for that indivdual.

With all that said...I did find it distasteful (or perhaps it was igonorance) when our good Christian players (Amber/Jameka) had a long discussion in the hammock about Eric being jewish. They played into several different (ugly) sterotypes about pushy, manipulative New York, liars that would do/say most anything for money. (it was mainly Amber as Jameka mainly said mmmmhummm and cautioned Amber to watch what she was saying because the Internet people were listening).

Jeep I completely agree. I believe that yes God does things for a reason & yes my faith has given me strength & helped me within myself during troubled times..but I don't think God is sitting up there directing BB like some chess game. You can have your faith but I just don't feel it belongs as part of the game...it may be what gets you through. And the Karma thing... *MAJOR EYEROLL* Then they ALL have some major Karma heading their way... especially Amber..she better look out. lol

Jeep I completely agree. I believe that yes God does things for a reason & yes my faith has given me strength & helped me within myself during troubled times..but I don't think God is sitting up there directing BB like some chess game

I agree just like God could care less who wins a football game !

Archived