Big Brother 7 Ratings

Depeche221

Well, it looks like last weeks premiere episode (July 5th) did pretty good.

The top show for the week was "America's Got Talent" with 12 million viewers. "Big Brother" came in with 7.5 million. While not in the top 5 shows for the week, it looks like it did make the top 10. Shows in the top 5 were in the 7.7 million - 9.2 million range, so BB is not too far off. Also of note is that July 5th was the day after a long holiday weekend for many, so viewership of all shows may have been down slightly.

Will be interesting to see if this weeks numbers were hurt at all by the weeklong break before the new episode aired last night.

Let's hope BB keeps chugging it's way up the ratings ladder :)

I will keep you posted!

Dep

last year BB was in the top 10, so I imagine this year BB may gets its first number one slot. Especially with all the promoting I am doing with it on MySpace. I designed my layout of Janelle in her bikini to get my straight male friends watching and I have some pics of a shirtless Kayser for my straight female friends (and gay guy friends)

• 4 weeks later...

i dont think good. sundays rating i bet is poor

I saw on Jokers, or somewhere, that it has been in the top 20 every single week. Last year particular episodes had higher ratings, but there were several weeks that didnt even make it in the top 20....so basically ratings are overall pretty strong this year.

No, each week only one episode has been in the top 20 (sometimes it's tues and sometimes thurs), but we have yet to see a week where 2 or all 3 episodes have cracked the top 20.

Here are the Nielsons for last week: (the first number under the name of each show tells the position it had the previous week, so in BB case, it moved up from 26th to 20th)

TV Chart

Week of July 24-30, 2006

Top TV Shows

Last Week

Viewers

in Millions

WITHOUT A TRACE

How accurate are neilson rating these days anyway? Now we have DVR's, CBS's posting of every episode, and torrent DL's, so do they really get a accurate number? And if not, do they really put that much stock into accuracy from the Neilson ratings?

Yeah Mikede, you hit it on the head. But unfortunately the Nielsons are still the standard and what advertisers use to choose which shows they want to advertise during.

I know Nielson has said they are going to start tracking DVR recordings (dunno how they are planning to do it), but I don't think that has started yet.

As for torrents and episodes that are downloaded or watched on the websites, it would be up to the websites to post those results.

Would be awesome if there was one list that included all of the above, but at this point, the Nielson ratings are all we have.

Dep

Not even 1 episode in the new top 20. This is for July 31st - Aug 6 :(

Prime-Time Nielsen Ratings

AP

Prime-time viewership numbers compiled by Nielsen Media Research for July 31-Aug. 06. Top 20 listings include the week's ranking, with viewership for the week and season-to-date rankings in parentheses. An "X" in parentheses denotes a one-time-only presentation.

1. (7) "CSI: Miami," CBS, 11.22 million viewers.

2. (6) "Without a Trace," CBS, 10.66 million viewers.

3. (X) NFL Exhibition: Oakland vs. Philadelphia (Sunday), NBC, 10.56 million viewers.

4. (43) "America's Got Talent," NBC, 10.53 million viewers.

5. (16) "Two and a Half Men," CBS, 10.08 million viewers.

6. (X) "NFL Pregame Show" (Sunday) NBC, 9.88 million viewers.

7. (3) "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," CBS, 9.79 million viewers.

8. (56) "So You Think You Can Dance" (Wednesday), Fox, 9.39 million viewers.

9. (6) "Without a Trace," (Sunday), CBS, 9.23 million viewers.

10. (24) "60 Minutes," CBS, 8.98 million viewers.

11. (21) "Law & Order: SVU," NBC, 8.92 million viewers.

12. (22) "Cold Case," CBS, 8.73 million viewers.

13. (59) "So You Think You Can Dance" (Thursday), Fox, 8.35 million viewers.

14. (29) "Criminal Minds," CBS, 8.07 million viewers.

15. (62) "How I Met Your Mother," CBS, 8.01 million viewers.

16. (98) "America's Got Talent" (Thursday), NBC, 7.94 million viewers.

17. (20) "CSI: NY," CBS, 7.85 million viewers.

18. (105) "Hell's Kitchen," Fox, 7.84 million viewers.

19. (36) "Law & Order," NBC, 7.68 million viewers.

20. (75) "48 Hours Mystery" (Tuesday), CBS, 7.65 million viewers.

You know what I thought is interesting? The shows before and after BB on Sunday both made the top 20.

I'm interested in internet metrics, too.

How many subscribers of live feeds?

How many subscribers of live feeds immediately shut it down when Marcellas comes on?

For those that are interested:

Prime-Time Nielsen Ratings

AP

Prime-time viewership numbers compiled by Nielsen Media Research for Aug. 7-13. Top 20 listings include the week's ranking, with viewership for the week and season-to-date rankings in parentheses. An "X" in parentheses denotes a one-time-only presentation.

1. (7) "CSI: Miami," CBS, 11.42 million viewers.

2. (16) "Two and a Half Men," CBS, 10.4 million viewers.

3. (53) "So You Think You Can Dance," (Wednesday), Fox, 10.11 million viewers.

4. (3) "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," CBS, 9.76 million viewers.

5. (43) "America's Got Talent," NBC, 9.67 million viewers.

6. (26) "60 Minutes," CBS, 9.34 million viewers.

7. (65) "Without a Trace," (Sunday), CBS, 9.11 million viewers.

8. (6) "Without a Trace," CBS, 9.01 million viewers.

9. (20) "CSI: NY," CBS, 8.83 million viewers.

10. (X) "NFL Exhibition: Washington at Cincinnati," NBC, 8.74 million viewers.

11. (93) "America's Got Talent," (Thursday), NBC, 8.53 million viewers.

12. (21) "Law & Order: SVU," NBC, 8.49 million viewers.

13. (87) "Primetime," ABC, 8.36 million viewers.

14. (68) "Two and a Half Men," (Monday, 8 p.m.) CBS, 8.25 million viewers.

15. (100) "Hell's Kitchen," Fox, 8.13 million viewers.

16. (22) "Cold Case," CBS, 8.12 million viewers.

17. (29) "Criminal Minds," CBS, 8.04 million viewers.

18. (32) "New Adventures of Old Christine," CBS, 7.95 million viewers.

19. (87) "Last Comic Standing 4," NBC, 7.75 million viewers.

20. (X) "Last Comic Standing 4," NBC, (Wednesday), 7.65 million viewers.

Reality Dominates Latest Nielsens

By DAVID BAUDER

AP

NEW YORK (AP) - Viewers were preoccupied by the angst and antics of would-be cooks, comics and other entertainers during another slow week on television.

Six shows in Nielsen Media Research's top-20 last week were competitions among people looking for a big break: "So You Think You Can Dance," "Hell's Kitchen" and two entries each of "America's Got Talent" and "Last Comic Standing 4."

Stretch it out to Nielsen's top 30, and you'll find three editions of "Big Brother 7," featuring aspiring, um, houseguests?

Next week I bet we see at least one or 2 episodes in the top 20.

Dep

bad ratings= no bb 8 :)

Great rating's for last night! It got 5.6/10 which mean's it had 8.4 million viewer's! Is this the best rating's it had all season because if it is then I think it show's the future rating's. Don't be surprised to see the rating's climb some more also since hit show's like So You think You Can Dance and America's Got Talent's audience need a new outlet. Go Big Brother All Stars!!!

Acoording to Arnold Shapiro today on Housecalls, they are cautiously optimistic about BB being renewed. CBS can inform them anytime before January. He also said that it was a flat-out lie that BB wasn't doing well in the ratings. As a matter of fact, it's done better every year it's been on. This year every Thursday episode has won it's timeslot, most Tuesday episodes have also, and the Sunday rankings are climbing each week. That's from the mouth of one of the producers, who, although he has an axe to grind, I don't think would lie about something that is so easy to check.

BB always looks like a stock report when it comes to ratings.. Starts off strong with the premiere, then drops as the flakes are tossed off and picks up again late August till the finale. I Hope and think the finale will do well.

We must have watched 2 different HC shows. I saw & posted about Arnie saying he was cautiously optimistic about the show getting renewed. I also saw him say that the ratings have gotten better as of late.

I didn't hear him say anything about a "flat-out lie that BB wasn't doing well in the ratings" or that the ratings have done "better every year it's been on". Maybe he did & I missed that whole part of the show & frankly it's not worth my time to go back & watch just to see. But..I highly doubt Arnold Shapiro would say that since the show started out with very poor ratings & has just recently risen to respectable ones :D

The "flat-out lie" statement was made right after he was complaining about people sending him e-mails and contacting him saying the show was rigged and the ratings were down. He said there was no possible way that they would rig the show, that different people were saying the show was rigged in favor of Janelle, Boogie, Will, and just about everyone, and that the part about the ratings being down was "a flat-out lie".

That the ratings were getting better every season, and they were "cautiously optimistic" that they would be renewed.

I remember it because it was, I thought , uncharacteristic of him . He was in a pretty bad mood so he made the statement toward the beginning of the show to get it off his chest.

But compare BB to Survivor,TAR and American Idol, BB doesn't come close. BB is the only reality show where you have live feeds and I believe thats the only reason it's popularity is among the internet veiwers. You would be surprised of the people thats not interested in BB.

Archived