Jump to content
morty

Victor "9-lives" Arroyo - (Evict: Day 23, Back: Day 37, Evict/Back: Day 72 - 12th Evicted - Day 90 - 7th Jury member)

Recommended Posts

I enjoy the player moves and the comps. They both create the whole game. 

So sick of the whining about the buy back and how it's never been done before. Ok well lots of things haven't been done before. I maintain its mostly said by those that dislike Vic. 

No way BB could have known Vic would win both. The first was a complete toss up and really who saw him winning those mental comps? The next again they didn't know he would be evicted. It was already planned to have the jury come back. 

 

Everyone  had the same chance as him if evicted. Like Julie says when they have these chances " you're not out of the game". Meaning to BB they are still in until fully evicted.  This season there was a total of 3 ways to come back in the game. Battle back, round trip ticket and jury buy back. Everyone keeps forgetting about the ticket. 

 

I doubt James would have won either way. He has been so attached to Nat who just told him she tried to hitch her ride to Corey then Vic. He has been off his game the whole season. 

 

I'm team Vic all the way and I think he is a comp beast (what's wrong with that?)but I also think he was smart to hook up with Paul. In this game you always need a good partner. There's no denying Paul is a dbag but he's done exceptional well in always attaching to the power. 

Vic is there to play and he's very determined to win. 

Since this seems to matter, I've watched and loved this game from the start and while I don't always like twist it's the expect the unexpected part and makes the game interesting. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Moonpetal said:

I enjoy the player moves and the comps. They both create the whole game. 

So sick of the whining about the buy back and how it's never been done before. Ok well lots of things haven't been done before. I maintain its mostly said by those that dislike Vic. 

No way BB could have known Vic would win both. The first was a complete toss up and really who saw him winning those mental comps? The next again they didn't know he would be evicted. It was already planned to have the jury come back. 

 

Everyone  had the same chance as him if evicted. Like Julie says when they have these chances " you're not out of the game". Meaning to BB they are still in until fully evicted.  This season there was a total of 3 ways to come back in the game. Battle back, round trip ticket and jury buy back. Everyone keeps forgetting about the ticket. 

 

I doubt James would have won either way. He has been so attached to Nat who just told him she tried to hitch her ride to Corey then Vic. He has been off his game the whole season. 

 

I'm team Vic all the way and I think he is a comp beast (what's wrong with that?)but I also think he was smart to hook up with Paul. In this game you always need a good partner. There's no denying Paul is a dbag but he's done exceptional well in always attaching to the power. 

Vic is there to play and he's very determined to win. 

Since this seems to matter, I've watched and loved this game from the start and while I don't always like twist it's the expect the unexpected part and makes the game interesting. 

 

 

I don't dislike Victor. I just think being evicted once means you lost the game. Being evicted twice means you lost the game twice. Getting a 3rd chance is one of Big Brother's biggest screwups. It is not fair to all the people in the house that have never been evicted. 

 

I know Vic has a fan club because he is a comp beast. He is horrible at the game but good at comps. He has no strategy and relies only on Paul.

 

Anyway............. 3 shots at the game in one season. SO NOT FAIR! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Moonpetal said:

So sick of the whining about the buy back and how it's never been done before. Ok well lots of things haven't been done before. I maintain its mostly said by those that dislike Vic. 

 

Everyone  had the same chance as him if evicted. Like Julie says when they have these chances " you're not out of the game". Meaning to BB they are still in until fully evicted.  This season there was a total of 3 ways to come back in the game. Battle back, round trip ticket and jury buy back. Everyone keeps forgetting about the ticket. 

 

I doubt James would have won either way. He has been so attached to Nat who just told him she tried to hitch her ride to Corey then Vic. He has been off his game the whole season. 

 

 

 

3

I don't dislike Vic, I dislike players coming back into the game late in the season. Vic is a comp beast and I will give him credit for being an all-around good comp beast. However, in all truthfulness, I think he is a shitty BB player. If Paul wasn't there to lead him around and be his mouthpiece, he would have been out the door very quickly, again. He doesn't understand the nuances of the game, nor does he understand anything about looking two, three, four moves down the road. The only thing he understands is to plow full speed straight ahead. The bull in the china shop. That's my opinion of him, I know yours is different.

 

Everyone did not have the same chances to come back into the game. Frank did not get the chance to play his way back into the game the same as Vic.

 

Maybe I have missed a lot, but I am totally miffed by this idea that somehow James' relationship with Nat is what blew his game. I just don't see it. As best I can remember, I don't remember James' abandoning a single plan of his to follow what Nat wanted to do. Nat disagreed with him on putting Brigette on the block, after he made the deal with her. She also wanted Corey evicted when James voted out Vic. So, in what way did Nat screw up James' game or his ability to play the game?    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frank had the chance of the round trip ticket. 

What I mean is anyone who got evicted had a chance. 

 

I think Vic takes things as they come along instead of making multiple plans. He seems to work better that way and he did attach to Paul for game. So far that's been a good move. Many winners do this, not saying he's going to win but often winners are not all around players. 

 

I think James has made poor moves based on his relationship with Nat. I think he's a better player than what he's done this season despite making it this far. I feel he could have done better with Vic and Paul and Nat.  Not removing her but adding people they needed to move on. Heck just finding any other two to team up with would have helped. I don't see why he trusted Nicole. Though I'm not sure she would have flipped on him if he didn't reveal that Nat wanted to keep Vic. 

 

Vic and James are actually very similar players. I don't get how people think Vic's social game is off. For the most part everyone has  liked him in the house once he didn't act like a a guy full of himself.  I  think in the beginning he was acting that way because he thought that's what needed to be done in this game. If you notice he has softened up.  His personality of course is different than James but as far as strategy James wants to rely on comps but just hasn't pulled it out the season.  Therefore James has had to really up his social game.  Now James has been able to avoid evection where with I think Vick stayed at target simply because of his comp wins.  It's very often that those with a good social game will not be as much of a target until the number start to dwindle down. I've never understood why people forget about these players or forget about the floaters at the same time. If you ask me they are the most dangerous players in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow Victor and Paul were really disgusting last night. Really trashing other houseguests when not necessary. 

 

I expect it all the time from Paul the PIG but surprised how disgusting Vic is playing now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moonpetal said:

Frank had the chance of the round trip ticket. 

What I mean is anyone who got evicted had a chance. 

 

I think Vic takes things as they come along instead of making multiple plans. He seems to work better that way and he did attach to Paul for game. So far that's been a good move. Many winners do this, not saying he's going to win but often winners are not all around players. 

 

I think James has made poor moves based on his relationship with Nat. I think he's a better player than what he's done this season despite making it this far. I feel he could have done better with Vic and Paul and Nat.  Not removing her but adding people they needed to move on. Heck just finding any other two to team up with would have helped. I don't see why he trusted Nicole. Though I'm not sure she would have flipped on him if he didn't reveal that Nat wanted to keep Vic. 

 

Vic and James are actually very similar players. I don't get how people think Vic's social game is off. For the most part everyone has  liked him in the house once he didn't act like a a guy full of himself.  I  think in the beginning he was acting that way because he thought that's what needed to be done in this game. If you notice he has softened up.  His personality of course is different than James but as far as strategy James wants to rely on comps but just hasn't pulled it out the season.  Therefore James has had to really up his social game.  Now James has been able to avoid evection where with I think Vick stayed at target simply because of his comp wins.  It's very often that those with a good social game will not be as much of a target until the number start to dwindle down. I've never understood why people forget about these players or forget about the floaters at the same time. If you ask me they are the most dangerous players in the game. 

 

I don't see any similarity in James' game and Vic's. James has thrown a number of comps, but I have never heard Vic even mention throwing a comp. Winning comps early can have a very negative impact on your game by drawing unnecessary attention to your abilities. That is a subtlety that most good players learn.

 

You say that James could have done better with Vic Paul and Nat. But, that is what Nat wanted to do and James trusted Nicole. So, I don't know how you all blame Nat for screwing up James' game when her gut feelings tended to be the way they should have gone, except James did not listen to her. Overall, James played as well as I expected him to play, except for the week leading up to being blindsided by Nicole. In James' previous season, he wasn't some master player with some great strategy, therefore, although I expected him to do well, and do better than he did before, I figured making it to F4 would be a tough road, as it is for everyone. The position he is in now is his own making, not Nat's.

 

Having a round trip ticket was not the same as being able to play yourself back into the game. The only skill it took to get a round trip ticket was having the strength to pick up the envelope and hand it to Julie. It didn't take any mental or physical abilities, and although Frank wasn't the beast he was in his first season, he still may have been able to mount a decent run if he was given the chance to play his way back into the game.        

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well you'll have to take it up with BB on why they didn't give just Frank a chance other than a ticket. There was still 3 chances for anyone evicted. I don't make rules I just watch the hamsters. 

 

I'm not blaming Nat I'm blaming James for spending too much time with her. 

 

 

 

Marty - didn't they get some alcohol last night? Paul gets exceptionally foul with even a drop and well for what ever reason most the guys follow his lead. It's disgusting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Moonpetal said:

Well you'll have to take it up with BB on why they didn't give just Frank a chance other than a ticket. There was still 3 chances for anyone evicted. I don't make rules I just watch the hamsters. 

 

I'm not blaming Nat I'm blaming James for spending too much time with her. 

 

 

 

Marty - didn't they get some alcohol last night? Paul gets exceptionally foul with even a drop and well for what ever reason most the guys follow his lead. It's disgusting. 

 

I didn't watch the feeds early last night so don't know if they got alcohol. This is not much of a drinking group. 

 

We will never agree about Victor on his many lives so no use stating my opinion to you again.

 

I do think that James played a very low key game on purpose. All the best like Derrick and Dan say it is best to lay low and not make waves. They say never win a comp before final 8 if you don't have to. James has followed all the instructions of the best. Natalie didn't really hinder James's game but now is a good time for her to go. James always played his own game and never let Natalie change how he played. 

 

Back to Victor. I really don't see him in the Final 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With this group who knows even the final 4. There's no telling what these people will do. They change their minds more than my cat with yarn. 

 

 

Vic stands a good chance of he makes it past this week. Which is hard to say who Corey and Nic really want out. Paul is just ok at comps and really has no one to manipulate if they take a shot at the duo.  I'd take the shot at Vic because to get to the finals you have to win comps. They'd be dumb to keep him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corey is putting up Paul and Victor

 

Victor is the target

 

Corey, Nicole and James made a F3 last night 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This finally has become an exciting battle.  Is there any way Vic won't win veto  Especially with all that is at stake here?  Will James be shrewd enough not to spill the beans to Vic and Paul?  Will Paul be able to sense that Nic and Corey have switched to James?  Can't stand classless Paul but he does have gift of seeing thru people most often.  He does deduce what people are thinking.

 

   Will be quite interesting. I have zero strategic thinking and so can only see James with either couple. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We shall see after veto. 

 

Corey knows he can't beat either of them in the end. No one really stands a chance in the end against Vic except James. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moonpetal said:

We shall see after veto. 

 

Corey knows he can't beat either of them in the end. No one really stands a chance in the end against Vic except James. 

 

I don't think anyone in the jury would vote for Victor. They know nobody else got 3 chances at the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On September 9, 2016 at 5:40 PM, Marty said:

 

I don't think anyone in the jury would vote for Victor. They know nobody else got 3 chances at the game. 

I don't think that's something they care about. It's about what their season has done & their twist. How could a returnee complain given they were given a whole new chance? Anyone one of them would have taken those same options to get back in the game. Well clearly not once they hit the jury house considering not one of them cared enough to really fight for it. At least he cared to fight to play. 

 

----------

Unless Paul becomes really horrible Vic will go this week then all those that seem to think fair game play isn't fair & they can't see others had the same chance including Retunees such as Day who blew 3 total chances( 4 if you count the random ticket) can finally feel they have some type of justice. 

Seems pointless to me but to each your own.

I enjoy all the twist even if it doesn't benefit those that I like. If it was James instead of Vic I maintain those complaing wouldn't say a word & it wouldn't be brought up over and over again as if he was the only one with these chances. 

 I'm done with the whole he had 3 chances thing & done responding. Neither side will agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like many of you, I've watched this game from the beginning. In terms of Victor having three chances I see both sides.  In terms of the "traditional" BB game it's not fair.  He should be out on his arse and never be considered as the final winner.  (He won't anyway as he's getting voted out this week). But for argument sake, if let's say Paul had won HOH -I don't have a problem with how far Victor would have gotten in the game.  Yes, Victor has had more opportunities than other players have been offered.  For sure.  But he capitalized on them each time.  Could my beloved James have done that?  Fought that hard, several times? I'm not sure.  At any rate, it's not Vic's fault that he was given several chances to come back in the game.  Had he made it further I honestly don't think it would be something the jurors would have held against him.  They know how hard it is to win a comp to come back in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will miss Vic. He sure fought like hell to play in this game. Plus he was nice eye candy and I often forget his age. Oops. Lol 

If they ever have vets come back I hope he's on the list. All around good guy IMO & had he just shut up about winning comps could have gone further. Oh well.  They all have to go at some. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Moonpetal said:

Will miss Vic. He sure fought like hell to play in this game. Plus he was nice eye candy and I often forget his age. Oops. Lol 

If they ever have vets come back I hope he's on the list. All around good guy IMO & had he just shut up about winning comps could have gone further. Oh well.  They all have to go at some. ;) 

You always make me laugh !!  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My thought about Victor is that he would be a great action movie star.  If Arnold and Van Damme could make it I think Vic can also.  He definitely has charisma, the look, and loves to pose.  He needs to find out who that type actor has for PR and get busy !  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On September 6, 2016 at 6:39 PM, joystiick said:

I don't dislike Vic, I dislike players coming back into the game late in the season. Vic is a comp beast and I will give him credit for being an all-around good comp beast. However, in all truthfulness, I think he is a shitty BB player. If Paul wasn't there to lead him around and be his mouthpiece, he would have been out the door very quickly, again. He doesn't understand the nuances of the game, nor does he understand anything about looking two, three, four moves down the road. The only thing he understands is to plow full speed straight ahead. The bull in the china shop. That's my opinion of him, I know yours is different.

 

Everyone did not have the same chances to come back into the game. Frank did not get the chance to play his way back into the game the same as Vic.

 

Maybe I have missed a lot, but I am totally miffed by this idea that somehow James' relationship with Nat is what blew his game. I just don't see it. As best I can remember, I don't remember James' abandoning a single plan of his to follow what Nat wanted to do. Nat disagreed with him on putting Brigette on the block, after he made the deal with her. She also wanted Corey evicted when James voted out Vic. So, in what way did Nat screw up James' game or his ability to play the game?    

Victor seemed obnoxious at the beginning, then the true "him" showed up. He worked so hard, whether you think he should have had so many chances or not. It's the game and personally I don't think he should be blamed for being strong enough both physically & mentally to win his way back. The others had the same chances...you say "not Frank"? Frank went out at an in opportune moment, which was right after the first 4 were evicted & right before he could make it to jury. I've seen some comments on here that Vic bragged too much about his wins. He's young, people. And of course he was proud of himself, who wouldn't be? He tried to stay loyal & lie as little as possible. What other houseguest did any better than him? He was so entertaining & had a smile on his face for the most part. Of all the guests in the jury house right now, I think Victor really does deserve America's Favorite & hope there are a lot of people out there that think the same way. He was SO excited over that $5,000...would love to see him win the $25,000!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Naddaclue said:

Victor seemed obnoxious at the beginning, then the true "him" showed up. He worked so hard, whether you think he should have had so many chances or not. It's the game and personally I don't think he should be blamed for being strong enough both physically & mentally to win his way back. The others had the same chances...you say "not Frank"? Frank went out at an in opportune moment, which was right after the first 4 were evicted & right before he could make it to jury. I've seen some comments on here that Vic bragged too much about his wins. He's young, people. And of course he was proud of himself, who wouldn't be? He tried to stay loyal & lie as little as possible. What other houseguest did any better than him? He was so entertaining & had a smile on his face for the most part. Of all the guests in the jury house right now, I think Victor really does deserve America's Favorite & hope there are a lot of people out there that think the same way. He was SO excited over that $5,000...would love to see him win the $25,000!

 

Vic is a great guy. Appears to have good character and he's a very good physical competitor. But, In my opinion, he is not a very good BB player. As far as I am concerned, he can have the AFP. AFP is a popularity contest and those who want to be popular should go for it. But, I am more interested in the person who is playing to win. 

 

No offense, but you seem to be trying to make excuses for him, in an attempt to make us like him. As far as I can tell, at least 95% of us like him, however, we did not like his game-play. Winning his way back twice and not winning, means he was evicted three times. That is a record also and is a reflection of his poor game-play. I know that we will never agree on this, but, in my opinion, being evicted twice should be enough to disqualify you from winning the game. If he comes back for an all-star season or something similar, I hope he studies up on how to play and win the game...by losing comps that you do not need to win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His personality of pounding his chest and telling us all the time he was un-eVICtable was not very smart. Telling everyone if he goes to the end he will win. He never used his brain in the game. Keeping a target on yourself and being evicted 3 times is a record in BB. In the end when Paul and Vic had some pretty serious bashing conversations of all the other houseguests.

 

He is a comp beast but not strategic. 

 

He was funny with Baldwin. Good laughs! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, joystiick said:

Winning his way back twice and not winning, means he was evicted three times. That is a record also and is a reflection of his poor game-play. I know that we will never agree on this, but, in my opinion, being evicted twice should be enough to disqualify you from winning the game.

 Funny that you see that Victor had poor game-play and that is why he was evicted.  Sometimes in BB the best players get evicted by those who know that they aren't as good - for example James is not that good at comps or really his social game this season and so he of course would vote Victor out.  Also, Victor had good enough game-play to win his way back 2x and those that competed to get back didn't win their way back in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MiMiLily said:

 Funny that you see that Victor had poor game-play and that is why he was evicted.  Sometimes in BB the best players get evicted by those who know that they aren't as good - for example James is not that good at comps or really his social game this season and so he of course would vote Victor out.  Also, Victor had good enough game-play to win his way back 2x and those that competed to get back didn't win their way back in. 

 

Winning comps is just one aspect of the game. But, being a comp beast is probably the least valuable skill that you need to win the game. Being able to read other people is probably the most important skill in the game. Vic had zero ability to read the other players. Being social with the other players and having the ability to make them believe that you are with them, whether you are or not is also very important. Another area that Vic was lacking. Leadership skills or having the ability to influence the decisions of other players is also very useful. Vic's ability to influence other players...nothing there. 

 

When you win a comp, you have to make decisions about who to target for eviction. When you make those picks, it gives the other players insight on how you are playing the game, who you are friends with and who you are willing to sacrifice. As your game is exposed, your buddies will gladly sit back and let you take the lead and become the target for those that survive the eviction. As the players dwindle, the target on the comp beast gets bigger and bigger and the target on the guy that has been sliding by or under the radar gets smaller and smaller. When the game gets to the F5 and below, you want to be the person to make the decision, so, if there's a chance to kill the comp beast at six or seven, guess who gets killed. Vic never understood that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joystiick said:

Winning comps is just one aspect of the game. But, being a comp beast is probably the least valuable skill that you need to win the game. Being able to read other people is probably the most important skill in the game. Vic had zero ability to read the other players. Being social with the other players and having the ability to make them believe that you are with them, whether you are or not is also very important. Another area that Vic was lacking. Leadership skills or having the ability to influence the decisions of other players is also very useful. Vic's ability to influence other players...nothing there. 

 

When you win a comp, you have to make decisions about who to target for eviction. When you make those picks, it gives the other players insight on how you are playing the game, who you are friends with and who you are willing to sacrifice. As your game is exposed, your buddies will gladly sit back and let you take the lead and become the target for those that survive the eviction. As the players dwindle, the target on the comp beast gets bigger and bigger and the target on the guy that has been sliding by or under the radar gets smaller and smaller. When the game gets to the F5 and below, you want to be the person to make the decision, so, if there's a chance to kill the comp beast at six or seven, guess who gets killed. Vic never understood that. 

 

Well said. Victor is happy not winning and in his mind being a legend is all he cared about. So I am happy he is happy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×