Jeff

CeCiMom

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol lvgal...

I voted for Jeff too and would have over and over. I knew he would use it, they way I wanted him too. For me, it's just a bonus that he is so damn cute! Isn't the reason why "America" votes, so WE can give it to whomever we choose.....I'm pretty sure it's not my fault that Jesse acted the way he did and noone liked him (or anyone else) enough to give it to him. Besides, this isn't Jesse's first trip, he was pretty dumb not changing his ways, knowing America has say.

*Walks through, reads the last few pages and realize I don't need my mop* Just sayin...

I know, Reaper, it sucks.............all this game play talk..........I keep begging for more pics so you'll have something to do.

**yes, smooches, I try to keep my drooling separate from my decision making........just like in real life.

same here.

He was only immune from his own team. Same benefit every single HG had.

Immune from his own team?

The first week Jesse, Russell natalie and Jeff were immune from eviction. That was the format where some folks here say it was "rigged" for athletes to win. So much so folks are saying they had to fix it later by having this Coup vote to make things even. So tell me that makes any sense

They had what folks call an unfair format at the start and Jeff got immunity as a spin off. The other 9 HGs had no such immunity. Jeff benefitted from another player winning that comp and Jesse did too. Stop trying to separate Jeff from that process. He was part of it. If natalie got HOH and Jesse got the team immunity instead that would make you happier? Would it be fairer? Any way you cut it Jeff benefitted. Quit splitting hairs

Did I like the first week format? Not really at all. Nor did I like the four choices

You seriously think the Coup was a correction? They dreamed up the whole four group thing , return players and decided they needed to fix some error? Come on

ALSO: As I just pointed out, Jeff was part of that athlete group and was immune to being put on the block too. He benefitted almost as much. Was that an error. How do they correct that?

I hate when people say that America/BB should stay out of..

did you know in BB1 America voted the HG out everyweek?

America Voted players Back into the house more than one...

In ALLSTARS America is reason the people in the house were in the house?

America votes for people to get phone calls.. THATS HUGE when you havent seen anybody but 10 people for the past month.. Huge advantage...

Its part of the game.. live with it...

Now that all this has been drudged up, I remember that my first inclination was to vote for Jordan but I was worried she might not make the strategically right move. So, I guess I'm not as shallow as I thought.

Me too Ivgal, who knew? :dance2:

*Walks through, reads the last few pages and realize I don't need my mop* Just sayin...

Carry on...

:animated_rotfl:

Guys, let's think good thoughts about Jeff right now. I don't think he ever had real food yet and the have/havenot comp just started...the man needs to eat real food...I wish Lydia/chima/nat would become hns....

NOTE to all: I apologize for the length of this post but after years of holding it in I am in need of a little venting. Every year there is some contest that forms a counter balance to all of the vices of the house and every year some find a way to believe that this is "wrong", "not part of the game", "unfair", "cheating", "BB manipulation to help their fav's win", "cowlike purple aliens from another dimension think Jeff is dreamy so they "Fix" the game so that he'll win and buy them all black raspberry ice cream cones with sprinkles as engagement gifts, or some such other nonsense. These alien purple cow theories have not aged well... Can't we put them to rest?

Some seem to be operating under the misconception that the Coup D' etat powers are not part of the game or should not be part of the game.. Obviously, they are mistaken. "America's Choice - Coup D' etat" type contests are part of the game because the game designer chose to include them. They are part of the game because the game designer realized a counter balance to the negatives of the game was needed as a measure to prevent the game from devolving into a clubfest between Neanderthals.

An "America's Choice- Coup D' etat" contest also completes the list of human attributes tested. basic Social skills, Strength, Memory, Intelligence, Pattern recognition, Athleticism, Emotional and Spiritual strength, and overall Attractiveness. Each of these human attributes is used in as a basis for gameplay and contests. Each is tested daily in our personal lives. Why would you argue that one of the basic aspects of our daily lives be excluded from testing in the game. Why include some and exclude others? Why include strength attributes and exclude decency and beauty attributes? What sense does that make?

Decency and attractiveness are at the very core of this game of human interaction. Jessie posed at every opportunity. He was definitely using his looks as a tool in this game. Does anybody think Nat ad Lydia would have latched onto him so fiercely, if he had looked like Ronnie? Would Jessie have made it to the jury without them trying to out do the other in their attempts to please him. His problem was his core was ugly. BB is a game that stress tests a person's public persona. Attributes like health and fitness as shown through physique and beauty count. Scheming may get one started up the ladder more quickly but the schemers have a very high slip and fall rate, whereas trustworthy people rarely are dismissed because they were trustworthy. Sometime schemers and liars win, sometimes they don't. That's life.

In monopoly, the designer chose to include a get out of jail free card. Do you argue that this get out of jail free card is not or should not be part of Monopoly? It comes as happenstance unrelated to "game play." No wheeling and dealing needed. No savvy dice handling necessary. It's just dropped on a player for doing nothing that required game talent. The Coup powers involve surviving the cruible of BB which strips away the public facade revealing to the world the person you really are warts and all, with points gained for best overall core persona. All can and do compete in that game... Again, some win, some don't... That again is life.

The winner of the core attributes contest[America's Choice / Coup D' etat] is the one with a public self and core self that meet at the values and attributes we admire most. People who are blessed physically, emotionally, and spiritually attractive lead in this contest. The untrustworthy among us who have honed their skills of deception and the lie, are ??BLESSED?? with the attributes needed to win the chaos award which often leaves two of their adversaries pitted against each other in mock mortal combat. Those blessed with athleticism are favorites to win the athletic and endurance competitions. Those Blessed with strong memorization skills and pattern recognition skills have an advantage in the Q & A competitions. Each of these competitions is based upon a different human attribute. So tell me, why is any one of these a more valid aspect of the game than the others.

BB has defined and refined the game as they have seen fit. It is their game, not ours or yours. You & I are just spectators. We pay the entrance fee, we watch the festivities, we turn back to our lives when it's over. That's it... That's all we can and should do as fans. Add to that, these house-guests knew the moment it was announced a couple of weeks ago that the Coup was possible. Ronnie and Jessie both spoke about it ad nauseam. Heck, they should have know before they ever set foot in the place. They all had the chance at the start of the game to position themselves to win this power. Some did and some did not.

Chima is an out of control, over the top control freak with entitlement issues oozing from every pore. Chima is the poster child for core personalities that will NEVER win a Human values/attributes contest.

Jeff & Jordan the other hand, constructed a plan to save Braden week one. And although this plan failed miserably they are the pair that conceived of the plan, rallied the players to make the plan possible and ultimately should have been the players that took the hit for the plans failure. BUT, they both chose to play a muted but social game. This choice and the fact that they are people with "Cores" defined by decency, honesty, trustworthiness, etc..., probably saved them from eviction. This is an example of Active game play followed by Smart game play. This is a game where the best players use their native assets to best advantage. When their allies left, they were saddened but they never threw the childish tantrums that their opponents threw. These two have mastered the art of using their best core assets, which then ensured one of them would win the America's Choice reward.

Arguing that J/Js choice was not good game play but rather just an obvious move, is ludicrous. That requires the support of a fact that does not exist. The missing fact is people do what is obvious and to their best advantage. That sir, is not a fact. If BB has shown its fans anything it has shown us that people routinely miss the obvious move and very often make choices that are NOT in their own best interest.

Monk

Along the lines of what Monk said... (nicely said btw)

Jessie's departure is his own fault. I agree with those of you that are saying he's been playing a very good game this year... BUT, he made one HUGE mistake. He knows more than anyone in that house that America is the all watching Big Brother and that you have to think of us an invisible house guest. He's been saying for at least 3 weeks that America is going to adore Jordan because she is so sweet, cute, honest. And, that America is going to eat up the showmance brewing between her and Jeff.

As soon as he realized this he should have shifted his game play to include them. He knew HE made a big mistake as soon as the Coup d'Etat was announced... no matter how paranoid his minion told him he was being HE knew the reality of the situation. Unfortunately for him... having a week to suddenly smooze J/J was too little too late and way to OBVIOUS.

Jessie's out because he f'd up his own game... imho

CeCi,

Your point is the best and most obvious answer to the anti America's Choice people. It's called Big Brother for heavens sake. We are Big Brother, peering into the lives of these people. We manipulate them just as they manipulate each other. We are vicariously living a stylized version of Orwell's 1984, which btw is one of my all time favorite explorations of human interaction.

Clear, insightful point CeCi. Best I've read.

Monk

Ironically, Jesse told Julie last night that "Jeff chose the wrong group" in the beginning. WTF? Maybe Jess chose the wrong group!!!

I don't recall that Jeff had a choice really. Didn't they "shun" him from the start because he didn't fit in NBK?

Carry on...

I know, Reaper, it sucks.............all this game play talk..........I keep begging for more pics so you'll have something to do.

**yes, smooches, I try to keep my drooling separate from my decision making........just like in real life.

Hey I have been doing my part for the eye candy. All this game talk is getting in the way damn it! LOL

Here's a nice recap

bb11_073009_JeffFantasizesAboutHoH.jpg

bb11_jeff.jpg

Sorry Jodan just happens to be in the body shot pics. They are cute together though.

JeffJordan.jpg

big-brother-11-1.jpg

CBS_BIGBROTHER1103_CLIP3.jpg

Drooling_smiley.gif

Archived