Saturday, March 22nd

mjcs

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abbaholic, the answer to your question is simple.

Under FCC regulations BB is considered a reality show, not a game show. Since they are registered as a reality show they do not fall under game show regulations and can thus tailor the "game" any way they want.

Have you ever noticed the disclaimer at the end of gameshows "Portions of this program that did not effect the outcome of the game were edited blah blah blah"?

You won't see that on shows like Big Brother or Survivor because they aren't game shows. They CAN edit things however they want and change anything they want. It's all in the contracts the houseguests sign as well.

Francis, James sucks. He got evicted. Period. If a bomb falls on the BB house tonight and all existence is wiped out, the one thing that is an inarguable fact is, James lost the game once and was allowed back in by producers.

Thus, he is not playing a good game.

It can't be argued. There is no way to spin the fact that he got voted out was a good thing.

You can put any kind of positive spin you'd like on it but the simple fact is he shouldn't be in the house right now.

Xal, so true.

The houseguests can blame themselves for him being back but the producers sure had their hand in it as well.

Abbaholic, the answer to your question is simple.

Under FCC regulations BB is considered a reality show, not a game show. Since they are registered as a reality show they do not fall under game show regulations and can thus tailor the "game" any way they want.

Have you ever noticed the disclaimer at the end of gameshows "Portions of this program that did not effect the outcome of the game were edited blah blah blah"?

You won't see that on shows like Big Brother or Survivor because they aren't game shows. They CAN edit things however they want and change anything they want. It's all in the contracts the houseguests sign as well.

Francis, James sucks. He got evicted. Period. If a bomb falls on the BB house tonight and all existence is wiped out, the one thing that is an inarguable fact is, James lost the game once and was allowed back in by producers.

It can't be argued. There is no way to spin the fact that he got voted out was a good thing.

You can put any kind of positive spin you'd like on it but the simple fact is he shouldn't be in the house right now.

Wow...I'd love to see proof of this, really...because...no offense to you personally, but this explanation sounds like hogwash, and the "proof" you offer, as to the differences between "game show" and "reality show" being defined that disclaimer, is illogical. If the guests can win a prize by competition with other guests...which they do...then this is a game. If it is a game, then to claim that the producers are using federal regulations in order to skew the results, to get what they want, would make the FCC a party to a fraudulent activity, and would seem, to me, to be actionable by the contestants.

He wasn't allowed back in by the producers, the HG were given the opportunity to decide. That they chose him surely is evidence of him having some sort of skill at gameplay, since he obviously played in such a way that he convinced the others to give him another shot at $500K. Besides, people are voted out based on popularity, so being eliminated isn't necessarily an indicator of not being a good player.

Since you brought up the HG's contracts, unless you know for a fact, all the stipulations of their contract and/or game rules, you can't say with any certainty whether the producers are changing the rules as they go along. The only people that would know, and would have to know, what they are, are the contestants (yes, it may come as a shock to some, but this is a game show in a reality format). Why? Because, for one, it prevents people on the outside who may have a, perhaps unhealthy, emotional investment in the outcome of the game, from flying a banner-plane overhead, or somehow getting information to the HG that will give them an advantage, or put them at a disadvantage.

I dislike James, but the claims about this game being fixed, make no sense. The producers don't gain anything by fixing the game for any one contestant. The bottom line is, no matter how you spin it, since you don't know their contract and/or the season's rules, then you can't claim he or anyone else should or should not be in the house.

CrabMan

Sharon and Ryan were both evicted, thus they should not be in the house. BB "fixed" it so Sharon could return and Ryan could return. Do you think it is a coincidence that BOTH were involved in the original "dirty little secret" twist? James was allowed back into the house because the dumbass HG's voted him back in. The producers DID NOT remove another HG and replace him/ her with James or magically switch the game back to partners or something. They had the HGs decide which they wanted and THE HGs decided. That is the FACT. You cannot go back and say that if the producers had said it was either Alex or James, just like you cannot go back and say, if Neil had not left or they had never separated the couples.

I like that James is playing the game. I like that Josh is playing the game. From what I can tell none of the women are doing much for the game.

Craman, just because you choose to be naive or choose to not use common sense in this instance doesn't mean you're wrong.

Gameshows MUST, by FCC regulations, have full disclosure. Everything must be out in the open. This is how they insure things are fair.

A large portion of BB is behind the scenes (including the diary rooms where we know, BECAUSE WE'VE HEARD IT SLIP THROUGH LIVE, that the producers in the DR often hint or try to push the houseguests in certain directions).

Just one article I could find verifying shows like Survivor (and by proxy BB) don't fall under the same FCC regulations is this quote from this link.

"The producer and CBS now deny that the rules apply to ''Survivor,'' and one former FCC official says that unlike traditional game shows

Well said Crabman! Plus I don't see you as naive at all, you are quite logical and you make sense... like you I will look at both sides, and I also have been attacked, slammed and been called names because I have an opinion. You keep your opinions and statements coming... it is nice to read from folks that have a clue, are intelligent and don't result to slinging. Keep them coming!

Re: Post #64.

I enjoy Morty's immensely. I love the light hearted spirit that most of the members post with. It's a rarity on message boards these days.

It saddens me to see someone so openly flame a fellow poster simply because they disagree with their opinion.

When a hostile poster is allowed to continue with this sort of behavior it degrades the integrity of the board.

I for one, really hope the mods will step in STAT.

Archived