What Should Bb Do?

Depeche221

What should BB do?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What would be the best course of action (REALLY think about this)

• Have no show Summer 2008, but revamp everything, including producers
    • Keep doing what works and is safe. Cast people that are phony but get attention, good or bad
    • Stop playing by US rules and have a show that is STRICTLY based on versions from around the globe
    • A mix of all of the above
    • None of the above

^^^^^ Great point. The clicks definately hurt BB USA. I hate to keep propping up the UK version, but over thehre they have to make household decisions about things like which groceries to buy and complete tasks together. Not just lay around and try to come up with things to talk about.

They really need to go back to casting "real" people. The houseguests they have been casting lately are so jaded...it doesn't even seem like some of them even applied - the producers sought THEM out. Jen stated she didn't apply - "someone" recommended her.

I also agree with the casting issues. They need a more diverse group. I know they look for people with strong personalities to make the show more dramatic but they can find strong personalities from all different age groups, religion, cultures, and locations.

Big Brother ratings climb, web site gets one-third of TV network traffic

That is a quote taken from the media thread, so I would say that something is working... I must admit that I don't know what it is, but something is working...

the rules definitely need to be changed...find a way to stop backdooring, everyone should play for themselves, etc...

i also think that the chances of "smart" adults (ie professionals that aren't students or servers) playing this game are slim to none. who can take that much time off work? i also wouldn't want my boss watching me in a house w/ the stupid people that are on this show. too much of a professional risk. i think it's gonna be the fame hungry wanna be models (tee hee) we're gonna keep seeing.

i also think that the chances of "smart" adults (ie professionals that aren't students or servers) playing this game are slim to none. who can take that much time off work? i also wouldn't want my boss watching me in a house w/ the stupid people that are on this show. too much of a professional risk. i think it's gonna be the fame hungry wanna be models (tee hee) we're gonna keep seeing.

How does Survivor find intelligent people? Aren't they gone for a long time as well? They have a much more interesting mix of people on that show IMO.

the only other BB I've watched was BB Croatia.

They had week long tasks for food allowance or privilages...like

+ carving about a ton of pumpkins and making a path maze

+ pairs would have to scramble and put on clothes (that were provided) depicting certain eras of music and dance as long as the music played

+ each day the 'crew' would string more and more lines through the house and they would have to manuver through them (without touching) to get to a certain point

Stuff like that.

It made watching the feeds more interesting and they still had time to scheme

It wouldn't necessarily change how the US plays the game - but, at least they wouldn't have as much time to say the same stuff over and over and over again

Thing is, a good half (at least) of the people pushing for rule changes are just mad that their favorite is out already. So really the only thing that could please them would be a "contestant X can't lose" rule change. lol

Though I do think some diary room transparency would be helpful. Obviously they would have to FOTH anything that needs to be saved for broadcast only. Hell, put the DR feed on a 12 hour delay. Would give people something to watch while the houseguests are sleeping.

Thats some great points. Make then share 2 bed rooms for a week at a time, putting together people that hate each other...makes others worry about conversations.

Give them bedtime pentalites forced into rooms as teams.

Chores..well if I could figure out how to makes selfish little kids do that...well now...

I think slop is dumb and food rations better...gets people mad a food hogs.

Should be able to pass on their HOH if they want...and to hell with the POV shit...I hate that.....If ya win it and use it you go up...Do ya have the Dustin syndrome...do they think they are safe...etc....

I hope next year is better...

I love the idea of rolling tourists thru there once a day....god wouldnt that drive then nuts.....

The global ones put transexuals in the house and pregnant people too. Some countries vote out the houseguests and others have a bajillion houseguests. Some have celebrity versions too.

Thank god. It's nice to have a little variety. I'm tired of cookie cutter house guests being cast. It'd be nice to also have more than one person of a minority race in each season too.

Do they really have to cast one black woman to live in a house with a bunch of white people? As much as I dislike Jameka's religious craziness, I also think she is under alot of pressure being the only person of a different race in the entire house.

Honestly, I think they need to cast one person of each race next season. That'd be most interesting to watch to me. I'd love to even see people in there who have culture and value differences aswell.

That and I beg BB to stop casting evil gay men. Would it kill them to find ONE gay guy who has integrity? It's not hard, I promise you. It's like they go out of their way to look on the streets of West Hollywood to find these guys.

Archived