What Should Bb Do?

Depeche221

What should BB do?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What would be the best course of action (REALLY think about this)

• Have no show Summer 2008, but revamp everything, including producers
    • Keep doing what works and is safe. Cast people that are phony but get attention, good or bad
    • Stop playing by US rules and have a show that is STRICTLY based on versions from around the globe
    • A mix of all of the above
    • None of the above

I voted a mix of all of the above. I would like to see BB

next summer, I don't care for re-runs, and BB takes care

of three nights per week for me. No more AP please!

I think I would of liked Eric more if he wasn't playing AP.

JMHO :pixiedust:

Run the show two times a year.Once in the summer and another in the winter.BB seems to be gaining in popularity whereas a lot of the other reality shows are falling by the wayside with viewers. Most likely because unlike all the other reality shows, Big Brother really is much more of a game that requires some skill.It's also requires a lot more brains than the others.THere are some things that have worked on this show. The exes from season four worked out really well and the pairs from season six as well. Three they had a really good mix of personalities.This season has been slightly better than All Stars but not as good as seasons 3,4 and 6.

I also might add that the random selection for the veto comps is one thing that needs to go. This only encourages people to float through the game. I think that's hurt the last two seasons.In the beginning I totally forgot that Jessica was even in the house. Same with Jameka for about the first month.

american's player was a mistake they hopefully never repeat.

really i think the biggest blunder this season was with some of the casting .. . the pulled a genius move with dick but completely dropped the ball on a number of others...

I would like to see some of the things from other countries like the elaborate Friday Night Games in Australia and Big Brother giving secret assignments to random guests for cash prizes. Please no more simple HoH comps, make them more physical. More luxury competitions, America choice prizes and tasks to keep the hamsters busy and us entertained.

Instead of putting in a player as AP, let America straight up register and vote (1 person, 1 vote) for one of the week's nominees. Also let America have a vote for the winner with an even number of HG on the jury.

I also would like to see the Diary Room on the live feed, that will minimize the chance that producers could manipulate the HG votes.

american's player was a mistake they hopefully never repeat.

really i think the biggest blunder this season was with some of the casting .. . the pulled a genius move with dick but completely dropped the ball on a number of others...

I agree.

I would even say with ED being such a standout that shows how bad of a casting job that did this season. In any other season ED would not have made it to sequester. His gameplay is very simialar to Cappy's. I doubt with a good mix of player ED is capable of intimidating anyone.

Jen, Zach and Amber have to be worst three this season. The fact that Jen, a very bad player, at least kept things exciting is very telling.

This season has been the story of too many followers and no rebels to really turn the tide.

Jen, Zach and Amber have to be worst three this season. The fact that Jen, a very bad player, at least kept things exciting is very telling.

agree...

how in gods name ZACH got past even the first stage of casting i will never understand. what did they see in him ??

Put 14 people in the house that seriously are there for the money and who really want to win.

I suggest getting 14 random homeless people off the street and putting them into the house. They'd have a nice house, things to do, and would almost kill for the money.

The food comps would really mean something, as well as the luxury comps.

Definately not PC, but I think it would work.

Get rid of casting wanna be actors, former actors, models, and anyone in any way connected to the entertainment industry. And get rid of former application people....if you didn't make it the first time, forget about it.

BB ought to be about people we have never heard of, we can't research on, we have no idea who they are, and have no contact with former players. In other words, get fresh players. Normal people. People who will react to the situation like you and I would...like it's the most bizarre situation ever encountered!

I agree that the biggest problem with this season was the casting.

I would have loved it if there were a strong, single woman in her late 30's to early 40's who could have made old ED check himself.

Or even another 40ish man that could have been like a polar opposite of ED.

Imagine if they had a character like 'Johnny Fairplay' on that old Survivor in the house.

Or a super strong & hot chicca like Stephanie.

There are way too many 20 somethings and It's not very diverse. It's been mentioned before they're almost all wait staff or students with a SAG card.

I think that's pretty much the whole problem with this season.

My problem this year is that AP had too big of an influence on the game. When the tasks were crawl into bed with someone or kiss someone, that was fine. When it went to having someone nominated or evicted, that was too much. The game was then taken away from the players. Because of AP we lost a number of interesting charactors and ended up with 3 non-players (A,J,Z), 2 strong players (D & D), AP, and one other (Jess). There isn't going to be too much excitement until the final four and then the only excitement will to see if Eric and Jessica can compete. Until then I am not that dedicated to watch the show. I will get my updates from the web and watch it if I am home.

I think the main reason BB is losing popularity is that it touts itself as a "Different" kind of reality show with 24/7 access to the house, and a pure, realitime, untampered with game. But until they allow us true 24/7 access, which includes cameras in the diary room and no FOTH, it will still be the same old reality BS that we've been getting since Summer of '98 when Survivor broke onto the scene.

Before you say, "this will never happen", this is exactly what they have in the UK, and it is AWESOME!!! I mean, the UK has basically all the same laws we do, so don't give me any crap about the situation being different. The reason we don't have this is the Allison Grodner is a hypercontrolling micromanager who couldn't stand to not have things go "her way" on the show.

Dispense with the stupid GAMESHOW prize winning crap. Simplify it. Careful casting of both conflicting personalities and VERY compatible personalities. Force them to interact. Switch bedroom partners once a week. Give them assigned weekly partnered tasks ( cleaning, laundry, painting a room,etc.) Switch up those partners as well. I want good old fashioned interaction amongst people who are driving each other nuts. Personality makes them interesting. Not a trip outside of the house or forming little clicks.

Archived