Jameka Week 1

Jem

i think you have a few things wrong.. but i wont agrue about all of them.

she did bring some hair with her.. we found this out during the POV comp which will air tomorrow night (on the live feeds they talked about it afterwards)

i dont recall anyone calling her ghetto and/or angry. but some of us do want to see her go jameka on someone.. because, well, that is what bb is all about. just like we want to see Joe and Dustin have a slapathon.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also bristle at the fact that she is being labled as ghetto or an angry black woman already. She is well educated and seems to have a pretty good sense of humor. I just wish people would resist the urge to peg her as a stereotype based on her name. And as an aside, she isn't wearing a weave, you would have been able to see the tracks when she had it cornrowed after the butter competition. Black people have long hair too!

point me to anyone who drop those sterotyypes here. i been mia for a few days so i may have missed those post. yep i do notice alot sterotypes being drop left and right here but uvp will hold his tongue for now. :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

kennedy geeeeeeeez. I don't know where you heard people calling her ghetto or an angry black woman. It wasn't here.

I just don't get that people feel they have to PROTECT Jameka. She is just like everyone else and can take her lumps. Just because she is black does not mean we have to handle her with kid gloves. So are you in the other HG threads saying we are picking on them?

:lipsrsealed2:

didnt you get the memo Marty, hands off any black people! no picking on any blacks. pick on any whites you want... but the minute you say ANYTHING about the black person, shame on you!!!!!

kennedy geeeeeeeez. I don't know where you heard people calling her ghetto or an angry black woman. It wasn't here.

I just don't get that people feel they have to PROTECT Jameka. She is just like everyone else and can take her lumps. Just because she is black does not mean we have to handle her with kid gloves. So are you in the other HG threads saying we are picking on them?

no ones protecting no one. just folks telling ignorant folks to hush it. last i heard i seen lotta folks protecting the gays in the kali thread .

white folks you gotta love em

uvp out

I wasn't accusing anyone here of anything. I read the message boards over at cbs.com and some of those guys were pretty brutal. I am not suggesting handle her with kid gloves either. But don't give her the business because she is black is all I am saying. She isn't Beau or Monica. I just don't see her playing any stereotypical role for tv. I think she is too smart for that.

uvp out

not playing the flaming game

:flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

jessica just did a head side to side as she talked to jameka... i think she is turning black... or is jameka gonna turn white??? NOOOO i dont that will ever happen..
heres one how can one turned black may i ask????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

I feel I can help some of you out with the Jemeka bit. My parents live in the area were Jameka is from. It is called Prince Georges County Maryland. The county is one of the largest in the state of maryland and is about 72% African American, check out the federalcensus report. Maryland the state however is composed of about 70% White people. She grew up in a subuarban area about 20 minutes from DC. Some of the most affluent African American live in that county, not particularly her area but in that county. She works in Waldorf from my understanding which is more racially diverse. But it is not far fetched that she has never been around many White people, just as it is not far fecthed that some one in let say Maine has not been around many Black people. So her statement is basically true. However, I think that education,economics and socialization is a bigger divide then race. So she is around people near her age and with race aside she is still human like the rest of the people in the house so why would she be any different. By the way you never know how her comment has edited by Big Brother. She could have had more to add. But it was a statement that got people a talking.

kennedy, i see your point.... however... we are more laid back here and banter back in forth with each other. before the show started be busted on a few housegues and jameka was one of them.. but now that bb started.... its been calmer in her.. we basically mess with each other here in her thread. but i dont think there is anyone that really doesnt like her. we would like to see more of her though.

now, back to uvp calling people ignorant????? are you referring to me/ ginger/ anyone of us "white folks"?

did i say anyone name you must feel guilty of something?

btw how can one turned black answer that one for me since you said jessica is turning black fizzle?

jessica just did a head side to side as she talked to jameka... i think she is turning black... or is jameka gonna turn white??? NOOOO i dont that will ever happen..

waiting for an answer

i guess i wont never get an answer

Archived